• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffalo flights

kume

Earning My Ears
Can anybody give me some information on flights out of Buffalo to Orlando. I'd appreciate any info as to which is the best airline, most reasonable rates, etc. Thanks

I haven't flown out of Buffalo myself yet. My husband flys from there all the time on business trips. Usually on Shuttle America, Vanguard, Delta, USAir to Northeast States or Chicago. He can't say that he has had a bad experience flying out of Buffalo. Small convenient airport, way better than going out of Toronto.
We have tickets to go to Orlando in November on USAir. Check out the Buffalo Airport website at www.buffaloairport.com/carriers.phtml. The site lists the airlines that service Buffalo. Somewhere else on the site is a map of the airport as well.

I see this is your second post - Welcome to the Dis - fellow Canadian. Have you heard about the DIS meet in Niagara Falls on July 29?

We prefer flying out of Buffalo, the airport is easy to get around, and the border crossing is easy. When is your trip, right now Southwest is offering great flights from Aug 13 to Sept 30, non stop to Orlando. I priced it the other day and for four of us the cost would be $435 US, even with the exchange rate, your're still talking less than $700 return for four people. You can't get prices like that out of TO. We leave on October 25, and the best deals were on US air for that time. Prices weren't as low as travelling in Spetember but still a great price. If you have any questions please let me know. Maryann

Thanks for the replys. We're going to Orlando in March. My wife tells me they want $700 each to fly out of Toronto, so I'm sure we can do much better out of Buffalo. We flew to WDW in 95 out of Toronto and they gave my son-in-law a hard time at customs. The hastle they give you at customs is another reason to fly out of Buffalo so I hope we can get something.

We flew Southwest in May. Great experience. Drove to Buffalo the night before and stayed in a hotel near the airport. Border crossing was hassle free. Parking at the airport was easy. Flight was non-stop to Orlando.
Buffalo airport is sooooooooo much easier to navigate than Pearson. $1000 CDN for 4 people.

I saw some of you had mentioned some great airfares out of Buffalo to Orlando; can you please post where you bought your tickets? We, four of us, are leaving for Orlando at the end of August, but my travel agent wants over $2000 Canadian for four tickets. We would not mind flying out Buffalo if we could get some reasonable airfares. Thanks for your reply.

Hi bk752, sent you a private message,. Anyway, I priced a flight for Aug 24- Aug 31, Southwest out of Buffalo, direct flight. Cost for those dates(most of the really good deals are gone already), $650 US, which is about $1000 CDN. This is a savings of $1000 off of what your TA quoted. Tuesday August 28-Tuesday Sept 4, total cost return is $435US!!! If you're son is starting kindergarten, he may not start school the day after labour day, so you may be able to take advantage of a later return date. If you don't mind connecting flights, some of the airlines have good deals eg. United leaving Sat Aug 25 returnung Sat Sept 1-$496US return for 4 people. I've just picked some dates, because I don't know exactly what your plans are, but there are definitely some good deals out there. I prefer flying out of Buffalo. If you having any questions please let me know.

Thanks, Maryann. We will definitely be flying out of Buffalo. Again, thanks for your valuable information.

Hello everyone,
To start, I would like to thank each and everyone who post's to these boards for the wonderful information you each provide. Thank you all, for taking the time. I have learn't so much, and saved so many $$$$, by following your tips, and enjoy reading about your experiences.
This is my first trip ever to Florida, and we will be at Disney World for 2 weeks in August. We are flying out of Buffalo, NY airport on South West Airlines (another great tip I picked up on this board).
Has anyone used the Park and Fly package offered by the Wellesly Inn & Suites which is 1 mile west of the airport? They have a $69 USD+tax package. Where did you park the car when you flew out of Buffalo, and how secure was it?
If not this hotel, could you recommend another hotel? The Holiday Inn- Buffalo Airport, and Day-Inn have park & fly packages for $89.99.
By booking with the Wellesley, am I being penny wise and pound foolish?????
Thanks in advance,
Goofy's mum

goofy'smum:

When we go down to Buffalo to shop (not as much anymore!) we go to the Comfort Suites Buffalo which is beside the airport. They have a courtesy van to take people to the airport and it must be close because the planes seem like they are landing on the roof!

Large, clean rooms with a jacuzzi in each and a decent continental breakfast in the lobby which is included in the room rate. The kids can play Nintendo on the TV's. I forget what the rate is but it is good value for what you get.

We like the indoor pool (especially in winter) and close proximity to Walden Galleria, Eastern Hills Mall and Six Flags Darion Lake. It would be perfect for taking a morning flight to Orlando.

Here's the link:

http://www1.choicehotels.com/ires/e....22&slat=42.8842&slon=-78.8841&schain=CS&exp=

Have Fun!

CanadaKid

HI Goofy's mum,
My mom and sister used the Wellesley Inn for an early morning flight out of BUffalo last December and were quite pleased. I stayed there once a ocuple of years ago when my flight out of Buffalo was cancelled due to poor weather.

Thanks for your replies.
dsney girl, did you park your car in their parking lot for the duration of your vacation? Has anyone else used Park & Fly. If yes, would you recommend the hotel you used?
thanks everyone,
Goofy's Mum

Hi Goofy's mum,
Yes the car was left for the duration of their vacation. We've done this before at March break, with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter