Buena Vista Suites Pros/Cons

danielle82

Earning My Ears
Thinking of trying the Buena Vista Suites with the $88 deal from DU. Any feedback on this place from those who have recently stayed there? TIA!

It is a very nice hotel. Free breakfast was good and filled us up so we could eat a later lunch. Comfortable and spacious rooms. If you have a car it is only a 5 min drive on 535 (road directly outside the hotel) to Disney lots. Even coming back to the resort at night we avoided the crowds on this road. :thumbsup2 Pool area is not the greatest, but other than that, I recommend it!

I would love more opinions. I was thinking of taking advantage of the DU deal too.

BUMP!!

What is the code to get this deal? I am looking for one night in December.

Thanks

I went to the website for Buena Vista Suites and booked a AAA rate directly through them even cheaper. Just did that this morning!

We stayed there for 3 nights last Feb and I've booked two nights for this coming Feb.
PROS - the rooms are huge! We travel 3 adults and a child. Usually DD is on an airmattress on the floor, but here she get's her own bed, plus we're in a separate room from BIL. Since we come from DVC it's nice to have the frig, even though it is a small one. The breakfast is nice, but too crowded if you don't get there early in the morning. the pool looked fine when we were there, but we never used it. Also, compared to on site at WDW, parking is close. And as D&DDisney said, the drive to/from parks couldn't have been easier.
CONS, the rooms were a little worn; there's only one elevator (we took the stairs anytime we did not have luggage - I think we were on the 4th floor)
while there's a small plaza across the street, it's a very busy 4 lane highway, that is not fun to cross.

We choose this because on site value resorts are $145 (plus extra adult charge) at the same time we can get this for $110. If we could stay on site anywhere for same or less money, we would probably stay on site

I'm thinking of here for next June so am very interesed in opinions as well. How frequently do the park buses run? That's probably my main concern, don't want to miss any action, ya know?!

We stayed there last year. It was just ok. Rooms were clean. We just found other hotels we like much better. The food we thought was terrible. The eggs where that powder type. They were awful.

We really liked the doubletree guest suites in WDW. Also, I read some where on these boards there have been alot of cars stolen in that area.

I agree that Dreams is great. I got a $95 rate for Vistana Villages through them.

Just don't bother using their ADR service for meals, though. I had a request for Artist Point in for a week and it was never done. So, I called and did it myself.

They're great for Disney packages, too. However, their additional "itinerary" service falls far short of expectations. Mine was never finalized for June. Well, it was finalized, but all the planning notes were left and none of the updated stuff was included. I had to make my own.

It was no real biggie, though. The package details were correct and that's what was most important. It would be nice if they followed through with the extra things they advertise they'll do for you, though.

I will let everyone know when I return what it was like. Disney here we come

19hours and 51 min until on disney property

We just stayed there a couple of weeks ago for one night and thought it was fine. We checked it around 11:30pm and checked out right after breakfast so we weren't there that long. We stayed in the king deluxe suite and found it really clean and spacious (only 3 of us).
The breakfast was ok but what do you expect for FREE;)
We had a rental car so I can't tell you anything about their shuttle service.

I'd definitely stay there again.

I read on another post that you could use the pool at their next door sister resort Caribe Royale. Has anyone done this?

We stayed for 4 nights 4 adults 1 child. We really liked it the transportation was great. we had a rental car but used the free busses instead. Don the night driver was great. he helped us jump from park to park and explained the disney transportation to a T. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. It saved money so we were able to do character dinners when we were there. We will stay there again next time can't beat $88 a night free transportation and breakfast. great. OHH and even though it rained everyday we still had a wonderful time with the mouse.

Can anyone tell me if the fridge in the room is the small cube shaped one or is it larger?
We will be renting a car but just wanted to know how often the buses run and if they make a lot of stops?

Can anyone tell me if the fridge in the room is the small cube shaped one or is it larger?
We will be renting a car but just wanted to know how often the buses run and if they make a lot of stops?

I believe it is a little larger than a cube/dorm fridge... more of an upright rectangle size. We could fit quite a bit in in but it did not freeze anything, even in the freezer part.

Thanks. That sounds good. I had read on a review somewhere( maybe it was old) that the fridge was very small and had no freezer compartment, so I was concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter