Budget Spring Break ideas...

Good Deeds

Mouseketeer
Well, we have snow on the ground but I'm thinking about SPRING BREAK!:thumbsup2 I'm a teacher :lovestruc Ours starts March 14th -
21st. Can't go to Disney this year....but trying to find a nice family place, reasonably priced..within a few hours driving time....We live in Delaware...

I knew I could count on my DIS friends to give me some good ideas...;) Sometimes we head to the Poconons ...not a lot going on that time of year but that's ok...just someplace "different" to go...

Any thoughts???

Blessings-

This is probably a little to far for you, but it is a great place and a days drive away. Gatlinburg, TN is a wonderful family to go! Less than 5 five miles away from Gatlinburg is Pigeon Forge, TN. THere is a lot to do and is VERY family oriented. PLenty of mini-golf, go karts, shopping, dinner shows, music shows, and plenty of other stuff to occupy a family for a week.

Like I said, may be to far away for you, but if you've never been, it's worth looking in to. Mapquest says its about 10 hours away from Wilmington.

Just a thought!

Gatlinburg is nice! We are only 6 hours away,so it's driveable for us. How crowded does it get during Spring Break? We always go in the fall, because it is SO beautiful then.

I'm not sure about spring break. I have only been in the summer and fall. Summer is crowded, as is expected. Fall is just crazy crowded on the weekends! Especially October! OMG!!! It's hard to move in that little town! :laughing:

I would assume that since different school systems probably go on spring break at different ties and Florida being the usual spot for spring breakers, I would guess Gatlinburg would not be all that crowded. Just my opinion.

Rocking Horse Ranch in New York in The Catskill Mountains would be a few hours drive for you. It is an all-inclusive resort with a cowboy theme.....not like you are out on the range rustlig up cattle!!!! there is horseback riding daily, indoor and outdoor pools, activities, snow skiiing in the cold weatehr, water skiiing in tthe hot weather etc. we went a few years ago with my then 4 year old and 6 year old....they had a great time! we would like to go back again.

Grew up not far from Wilmington..... how about north to Nigrara Falls or south to Busch Gardens in VA? I also like HersheyPark. They usually have a spring fling and tix are much cheaper. One time when we went there we stayed in a hotel about 45 min away and the name escapes me......but they have an indoor waterpark there and restaurants (by Lancaster). My kids LOVED it there. They had activities for the kids like making a bunny cake and such! DARN ...... can't think .... http://www.willowvalley.com/ GOT IT!!! Willow Valley!

Our budget trip is always to Myrtle Beach. Rooms are under $100 and they usually have kitchens. We pack food from home, cook in the room and use the ocean and pool as our entertainment :)

I can vouch for Willowvalley. Wonderful resort for the kids, near hershey and the outlet shopping... indoor pool was great for the kids. I think I went there a couple of yrs ago for a 40th b-day party with a large group and everyone had a lovely time! Def. someplace to consider.

My SIL takes has taken her children to the rocking horse ranch quite a few times.. must be great if they are repeat customers!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the great ideas! We have been to Willow Valley and Loved it! :lovestruc Never heard of the Rocking Horse Ranch or thought of TN as an option. I'm off to check them all out :woohoo:

Thanks again!

Blessings-:flower3:

Gatlinburg is nice! We are only 6 hours away,so it's driveable for us. How crowded does it get during Spring Break? We always go in the fall, because it is SO beautiful then.

Gatlinburg doesn't get too crowded at Spring break because the weather is iffy. All the locals head south. Our break is about the same time every year.

If you don't mind snow, you might get to see some, particularly in the mountains. Many shows will be closed or on shorter hours at that time of year. Dollywood opens earlier every year. They open in March this year, but I don't recall the date. Check their website. I doubt it's that early.

Sheila

This is probably a little to far for you, but it is a great place and a days drive away. Gatlinburg, TN is a wonderful family to go! Less than 5 five miles away from Gatlinburg is Pigeon Forge, TN. THere is a lot to do and is VERY family oriented. PLenty of mini-golf, go karts, shopping, dinner shows, music shows, and plenty of other stuff to occupy a family for a week.

Like I said, may be to far away for you, but if you've never been, it's worth looking in to. Mapquest says its about 10 hours away from Wilmington.

Just a thought!

that's where we're going - we're eligible to rent from www.afvclub.com and we found a great deal on a nightly condo rental. :) Since we're doing this as a budget trip, we won't do much outside of spending time in the mountains. But that's ok with us, we enjoy that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter