brown pirate hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashzap

DIS Veteran
I saw someone (named Baby) in the HM lobby last night wearing a brown three-cornered pirate hat. Looked a lot like the hats for sale at WDW in the POTC shop. Were they released in vmk in the past? Or is this something someone got in advance of release?

I didn't think to take a screen shot of it.

no that hat has never been released to the general VMK population.

Baby got that hat when he made his character and for awhile could not take it off or he would lose it.

Thus his nickname "Baby the pirate"

That has since been fixed and he can remove his hat now.

Mal

There are three others besides Baby who also have the hat. Cl_Nedakah, SoarinSoarin and another (forgot the name...but if I remember correctly it's a girl). SoarinSoarin had a similar situation as Baby. I believe Ned got it as a gift from staff (but not too sure about that). Same with the person whose name I forgot.

Her name is coodisneyfan, she just doesn't wear the hat becuase of all the questions. :)

Another question, did Baby get his during that one day bug?

mickey@dvc said:
Her name is coodisneyfan, she just doesn't wear the hat becuase of all the questions. :)

No, it was kind of pre-beta I believe.

he has the whole pirate suit because before i joined dis i seen him and he had the whole suit but he wouldnt tell me how to get it looks like im just going to have to wait pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: a pirate world :artist: :happytv:

The Jack Sparrow Hat that's being released this month is different from the Pirate Hat that was given to a few people during beta.

Actually, there's even a "Pirate Hat with Parrot" that's in the database, but I've never seen anyone with it yet.

ElectricLime said:
Actually, there's even a "Pirate Hat with Parrot" that's in the database, but I've never seen anyone with it yet.

that is the one baby has, soarin as the plain one. i cant wait until they come out.. :thumbsup2

they trade it amongst friends, too. like WDW had it on while he wore her green filps but i guess he just got a pair or always had them but just never wore them.

I just saw another a few minutes ago with it on- Z-mman i believe his name was. he was talking like a pirate and it was the brown hat with the little green parrot.

Adventuredaz said:
No, it was kind of pre-beta I believe.
i shall tell you the story about how i got my hat

i was in a staff room about at august last year i did have enough money for the dress that was on sale and did not have the stuff to trade for it
so i was sad i said wished for something rare and all the sudden i see a guy's trade thing come up i said yes and he asked me if i wanted a pirate for free
i wass exstacic and accepted
the guys name was the great tester fusco!

coolkidhann95 said:
i shall tell you the story about how i got my hat

i was in a staff room about at august last year i did have enough money for the dress that was on sale and did not have the stuff to trade for it
so i was sad i said wished for something rare and all the sudden i see a guy's trade thing come up i said yes and he asked me if i wanted a pirate for free
i wass exstacic and accepted
the guys name was the great tester fusco!

That's very sweet.

mickey@dvc said:

what's the one day bug?
and that tikit character that had all sorts of tiki pins that never were on sale who was he?

zeniff said:
what's the one day bug?
and that tikit character that had all sorts of tiki pins that never were on sale who was he?

TikiT was the artist of those pins ;) he did in fact make concept art for the Tiki, Hotel, And Everest Pins We Have In VMK. He Made The Designs And VMK Accepted Them So That Is Why He Had Them Earlier Than Us.

The person with the pirate hat with a green parrot is CL_LisaWDW. She, Baby, and SoarinSoarin are friends and I have met them lots. They're very quiet on the subject of their hats.

If you ever see CL_LisaWDW wearing the pirate hat, it's not hers, but Baby's. Baby lets her wear it sometimes.

Baby got his in Pre-Beta aka Alpha Mode, lol.

SoarinSoarin got his from helping staff.

CL_LisaWDW borrows Baby's every once in a while.

Wait,
Wasnt that hat sold when Pirate month in vmk began?
I Think it was..
Its the brown pirate hat the has a green parrot,For boys only, no patch?
Or Am I Seeing Things In The Thread?:confused3

This thread is over a year old. That's why the information doesn't make sense anymore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter