brother bear - another stampede?

NorgeKathrine

<font color=blue>Close your eyes.</font><br><font
Is it just me or does it seem like Disney is over-using their stampede program on the computers?? How many stampedes have they animated now since the wildebeest stampede in Lion King? I can think of the Hun stampede in Mulan, but I know there are more. Can anyone help me out on this?

I hope they are integrated into the story, but two things stood out to me as looking derivative in the trailers--

--the stampede, a la Lion King

--the cave drawings, a la Ice Age

...but I'll reserve judgment until I see it. After all, Jurassic Park had a stampede also.

Not really a stampede, but the same type of crowd movement (I assume created using the same program) happens at the end of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame".

The shot starts out in close with the crowd carrying Quasimodo off but then backs off to an aerial view as the final reprise of "The Bells of Notre Dame" is sung.

"stampedes" don't seem to be that new - look back to Bambi. Different variarion sure, but there are tons of reoccurring themes in and throughout Disney animation.

I agree that they seem to be overusing the stampeedes in the Disney movies now adays. It was amazing in Lion King (and also Mulan) because it was new and different and had a lot to do with the plot, but the stampeedes in Brother Bear (the one at the beginning and the CGI fish stampeed in the "Welcome scene") just seemed like through-away scenes and were just not all that interesting or crucial to the story and thus, become a little distracting. Based on the preview, it looks like there will be a stampeede in "Home on the Range" as well.

No offense, but I think the stampede in Brother Bear was essential in developing Kenai's character...Sure it was a stampede but in totally different context than LK, for example.pirate:

Originally posted by Peter Pirate
No offense, but I think the stampede in Brother Bear was essential in developing Kenai's character...Sure it was a stampede but in totally different context than LK, for example.pirate:

True, but they could have showed that side of him by having him do something else. It just felt forced into the story IMO.

You know I don't mind them doing yet another stampede if they would at least make it new... it seems to always be the same one... down a hill and then rushing straight at you. Like they booted up the program and just changed from wildebeests to huns to bears, etc.

That being said I really enjoyed Brother Bear AND it's stampede. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter