Broken Rides

kmarie99 said:
I completely agree with you that I am seeing more trash around and the tables are not as clean, but we also have to admit that as a society we have also become less accountable. Especially with things like clearing off the tables, when I was young my parents made sure I picked up my mess when I was finished at the table (at home or in public) and that is something I see less and less of. We live in a very... that is not my job era and it makes me sad. :(
I am not excusing Disney for cutting back on staff and leaving things messier now but I think that it is not just Disney fault.

I commented to something similar. Society has gone downhill. A lot.

Glenn said:
The poster mentions that the food at BOG was very bad with the meatloaf being cold/steak really tough. My question is why did you put up with it? The meatloaf should have been sent back for health reasons ( hot foods need to be kept hot). And I mean for a new serving not just warming it up. If youre in any restaurant & the food comes out cold instead of hot, burnt instead of rare & so on dont accept it. Demand it should be replaced or taken off the bill. The time things will change is when diners refuse to put up with things that shouldnt be.

Agreed. I would have taken it back instantly.

starsweeper said:
Sorry you encountered so many problems OP. I have to agree about the trash. My parents took me to WDW 4 times from 1979 to 1991 and they always raved about how clean the parks were. I was really shocked the first time we took our kids in 2009 to see how much that had changed. We constantly saw overflowing trash cans, bathrooms that needed attention, mutliple tables needing a clean at quick service dining places, and even trash on rides (we had to skip 2 tea cups due to this before finding a 3rd clean one). We were there at a very slow time of year, early Feb, so there really was no excuse. I love WDW but anyone who is truthful will admit cleanliness is way down from a couple decades ago.

Makes you wonder....is Disney getting slack or is the average person just getting more sorry? I mean really, who left the trash in the ride? Who thorws trash into an already full trashcan instead of simply locating one that is not overflowing? Some people in my opinion are just nasty and messy and just expect others to clean up after them...guess they weren't taught any better?? After our recent visit, we walked up to a perfectly clean main street, we watched the parade and after it was over and we were leaving, guess what?? It was completely littered in trash? Disneys fault? I think not....sure there is always room for improvement in the parks, but they would look a lot nicer if some people weren't such slobs! Let the evil backlash begin! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter