Britney Spears

The poor woman has never had a private or independant moment in her life until now, she seems like she was coerced every day of her life so if she wants to unload I get it. The fact that she was forced into birth control makes this seem in line with what her handlers wanted. Very sad but not a surprise, doesn't seem to me like much of her life has been her own. So much coercion and manipulation on all fronts all for other people wanting to control her and her $, such a tragedy that it all played out right in front of all of us.

I remember Tina Turner's story making me feel similar after seeing What's love got to do with it, how Turners mom pretty much sold her off to Ike.

That reminds me, I want to get her book.

Fitting the book is being released during Domestic Violence Awareness month

Last edited:
She isn’t the first or the last person to write about extremely personal issues involving other people (I’m looking at you, Spare). She wrote her memoir about her experiences and she gets to choose what parts of her life she wants to expose and what she wants to keep private. I have never been a huge fan of hers (a few years too old for her music) but I can understand wanting to tell your story, and show how the things you have gone through in life made you the person you are now. I hope that this brings some positive energy into her life and gives her a little peace. It doesn’t sound like she has had a lot of that in her life so far.

It makes complete sense to me and not at all surprised. She loved Justin. Once that went downhill she started to spiral and moved on way too quick with Kevin and got pregnant way too fast. I've seen other people do the same thing after a forced/coerced/unwanted abortion. (100% prochoice when it is actually their choice)

I feel for Britney. I'm around her age and she went through it. Her "people" put her through heck and back. If her telling her story on her terms gives her any peace I'm here for it.

I was just reading about this.

As a die-hard *NSYNC fan, this was a bit of a gut punch. Even though Justin is my least favorite of the group.

I want to know when this happened. For those of you who aren't fans, Justin's bandmate, Joey, got his then girlfriend pregnant during this time. Joey's daughter was born in March of 2001. If Justin and Britney's pregnancy happened after Joey's, I'm sure that factored into Justin's decision. Justin had a front row seat to Joey's unplanned parenthood. I'm sure Justin learned a valuable lesson from watching Joey.

I do feel for Britney. Watching her meltdown in the early 2000's was hard to watch. It was clear she wasn't getting the help she needed. Reminds me a little of Whitney Houston. Used as a money machine, not taken care of as a human being.

She has every right to share her story, but some of it is also Justins, so I hope he was told this would be part of her memoir. It is a tricky situation as they are both in the spotlight. But he had to know with a tell all book this coming out could be a definite possibility. :confused3 No winners in this story.

I am sad for Britney. I don't think she was 100% manipulated into having an abortion as she said they agreed. However, I think she quickly regretted it. That is heart breaking, and would really wreak havoc on a person emotionally.

I do feel for Britney. Watching her meltdown in the early 2000's was hard to watch. It was clear she wasn't getting the help she needed. Reminds me a little of Whitney Houston. Used as a money machine, not taken care of as a human being.

She has every right to share her story, but some of it is also Justins, so I hope he was told this would be part of her memoir. It is a tricky situation as they are both in the spotlight. But he had to know with a tell all book this coming out could be a definite possibility. :confused3 No winners in this story.

I am sad for Britney. I don't think she was 100% manipulated into having an abortion as she said they agreed. However, I think she quickly regretted it. That is heart breaking, and would really wreak havoc on a person emotionally.

This was my thought too. I understand if she needs to tell her story for closure, or healing, but I also hope he was aware it was coming out.

Does anybody follow her Instagram? Her crazy dancing in next to no clothing. A cry for help? A need to feel relevant? I don’t get it. I feel sorry for her. I also can’t help but think what her boys feel about it.

Does anybody follow her Instagram? Her crazy dancing in next to no clothing. A cry for help? A need to feel relevant? I don’t get it. I feel sorry for her. I also can’t help but think what her boys feel about it.
No, I don't follow her, but I have heard about it and I did see the one with her dancing with knives.

Personally, I don't think it is a need to feel relevant. IMHO, I think she is a person with mental issues. In her head I think she feels normal. The sad part is her inner circle isn't getting her the help she needs. Maybe she refuses is? We really don't know. But from what we have witnessed on the outside - including the conservatorship, it appears those that could have helped her failed her.

It makes complete sense to me and not at all surprised. She loved Justin. Once that went downhill she started to spiral and moved on way too quick with Kevin and got pregnant way too fast. I've seen other people do the same thing after a forced/coerced/unwanted abortion. (100% prochoice when it is actually their choice)

I feel for Britney. I'm around her age and she went through it. Her "people" put her through heck and back. If her telling her story on her terms gives her any peace I'm here for it.
She rebelled a bit after him, or while she was with Justin. There was a connection with Fred Durst of Limp Bizket who seemed like a solid guy in a rough sounding band that didn't fit the brand that her captors wanted. I'd guess her PR people likely pushed to deny the link when asked which caused a rift. I sometimes wonder if he could have saved her, Durst was definitely not part of the same machine.

I watch her & see the antics, I don't think she is dangerous at all she said the knife dance was copying Shakira. The dance she was copying is discoverable, I saw what Shakiras knife dance was and it was very similar, it's just that girl is on blast right now. I have the impression she is emotionally like a young girl growing up which makes sense to me since this is the first time she is free. I am pretty sure PTSD causes a person to get stuck at an age and would be shocked if she doesn't have it being in captivity for 14 years while others feasted at her expense as she worked the whole time. Maybe she just wants to show off who she is, even if it is a little unrefined and quirky right now. She is an artist, maybe we are just seeing her creative side throwing stuff out to see what works and she is just sharing the process. I feel like I am watching a 17 year old in a woman's body and she just needs some time to heal and get stronger - so sad this happened to a person but it doesn't seem dangerous. I just wish she would ditch the smudgy smokey eyes, the makeup makes her seem unnecessarily dark and gloomy like an angsty teen but it is up to her.

This was my thought too. I understand if she needs to tell her story for closure, or healing, but I also hope he was aware it was coming out.

Maybe it is unfair to Justin, maybe not. I have no idea either way. I can definitively say that I think it is unfair to her sons and to Justin's child or children for her to stir all this up for them to have to take in, not only privately but publicly through no fault or choice of their own. This is some heavy, adult matter and none of the children involved are old enough to properly and fully understand all the ramifications of such a situation -- particularly when the narrative isn't reliable because it's only one voice, years after the fact, without any corroboration of facts or opinions from anyone else.

She deserves to be able to tell her story if that is her desire. That doesn't equate to carte blanche privilege regarding collateral damage to innocent adjacents by not only speaking her story to others, but doing so through a public megaphone. She's very determined to cast blame on the opinions, beliefs and behaviors of others regarding what she perceives as negative impacts and results to herself. She repeatedly displays zero insight regarding how what she says and does impacts others. It's all about her perception of any given situation. If she thinks it or believes it, it must be true, regardless of objective facts.

She may have in fact terminated a pregnancy in which Justin was the father. He may have expressed not wishing to undertake fatherhood at that time. Her upbringing probably did discourage taking such a step. Her family might have been upset and disapproving about the entire situation if they had known about it. The choices were hers. Many young women have found themselves on the horns of that dilemma at such a young age with absolutely zero resources to support themselves and their child. She did have resources, and choices. All these years later to not own her (significant) piece of the decision made and take her grievances public at this point does not paint her in a blameless, responsible and healthy light.

Sickeningly a lot of people are still making money off allowing a woman who cannot properly advocate for herself make repeated, poor decisions.

Her kids are 17 and 18, I think they’re old enough to understand (at least I hope so).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter