Britax Car Seat $50 off at Amazon.

Seems like they were having trouble with it but it says its fixed now!!

Loved ours. When I did research to get a car seat it was the best rated by consumer report!! Remember though every carseat is only good if it is secured safely! (Sorry, I had to put that in). We had ours in our van for about 6 months and then had it checked at a carseat clinic at Babys-R- Us and learned that we didnt have it in correctly or tight enough!!!

That discount is great! :goodvibes

Just wanted to clear up a few things.

First, ALL car seats DO expire. But not in 3 years. Most Britax seats expire 6 years from date of manufacture, some of their newer seats are good for longer than that. It's important to read the owner's manual for any car seat you own, cover to cover, to find out all the specifics about your child's seat.

Second, Consumer Reports is an excellent resource for CAR ratings, and many other things, but not for car seats. They do not reveal their method of testing and do not take into consideration for their ratings many of the things that are important when choosing a car seat. It's fine if a parent chooses to consult CR as part of doing their research, but they should not make a car seat decision based on that alone.

Third, Britax makes some great seats. However, many of the other manufacturer's are 'catching up' to them and in many cases beating them out in terms of safety, ease and length of use, and definitely in overall value. More and more seats NOT made by Britax are being recommended over Britax seats by those of us who are very knowledgeable about car seats. Again, choosing the best seat for your child should be based on thorough research, not on a 'name'.

A good resource for parents looking for car seat info is car-seat.org. There are many, many CPSTs and knowledgeable parents on there who are willing and able to answer and/all car seat questions.

Coleen
CPST

Bumping...DL&K's mom...I want to make sure you know your Britax seat might not actually be expired yet. :goodvibes

That is great info!! When we bought our car seat we were looking for one to fit into our van. We were having trouble since we have no bench seats only Captains chairs. I remember asking at the dealership and they also gave me a list of 3 seats.....dont ask me where they got it..I dont remember. We bought a make and model that was listed after looking in CR. Thank goodness we never had to see how safe the seat was. Thank you for all the great info!! Oh, I called Britax and they were the ones who said it expired. I was a little disappointed as the seat it one that was supposed to "Grow with your child" and the age and weight went up to 5 or 6 I can't remember. We dont need it anymore but it sort of felt a little like false advertising to me......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter