Bringing a toaster?

droycro

Mouseketeer
We will be driving to the World in March. We'd like to eat a light breakfast in our room (at POR) before heading to the parks. We're thinking about packing a small toaster to have in our room. Does Disney frown on this? I've done several searches and haven't found a firm answer.

I do realize the food court at POR will have toasters for guests to use. If our room is far from the food court, I'd rather not trek there just to toast up a bagel.

Thanks!

You'll probably hear from the fire code police, and the bargain hunters. I'll start...those toasters are a fire hazard!:scared1: Now from the other side...what's the harm in makin' some toast in my room? :confused3 Then we have...but your food is smellin' up the room for the next guests! :headache:

This should be interesting...popcorn::

Thanks for the replies and the link to the other thread. Guess I didn't search hard enough. Ok - no toaster for us. No big deal. I can certainly pack plenty of breakfast items that don't require toasting (yogurt, granola bars, cereal).

There's toasters in the food court for guests, and your family could have their breakfast there.

Thanks for the replies and the link to the other thread. Guess I didn't search hard enough. Ok - no toaster for us. No big deal. I can certainly pack plenty of breakfast items that don't require toasting (yogurt, granola bars, cereal).

Don't forget Pop Tarts - they don't need a toaster. Personally, I would never eat them that way - well, I would never eat them but my son and his family snack on those all the time in the morning. And think about non traditional things for breakfast as well. A ham and cheese rollup or a turkey and cheese rollup. My husband and I took Uncrustables with us for breakfast - that's just PB&J. Or - regular PB&J. PB and crackers.

I like toast but don't really care if its hot toast. I would often take my bread item (bagel thin, mini bagel, bread round) to the food court the night before and toast it then. By the time I got to the room it was cooled off enough to put in a Baggie. Next morning I'd take it out throw on ham or peanut butter and fix something to drink and eat it while walking or waiting for the bus.

Of course I'm also in the court of a toaster in your room is not the end of the world. Don't the family suites and the Villas have them already. Not really a hazard. A regular taster not a toaster oven that is.

All of the DVC villas have toasters for the guests to use. Maybe DVC villas have different sprinklers in the rooms that regular rooms don't have? We always make toast and bagels in our DVC villas.

All of the DVC villas have toasters for the guests to use. Maybe DVC villas have different sprinklers in the rooms that regular rooms don't have? We always make toast and bagels in our DVC villas.

I think it's probably more that since Disney provides the toasters, they know that they work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter