Bring or buy a cooler?

thumperjr9

DIS Veteran
We will be checking into POR next week and know there is a chance we won't have fridge. It's not a big deal for us, but would like to at least have cold drinks and milk for breakfast. So what I'm wondering is, if I will have any problem buying a small, cheap styrofoam cooler once we get there. We will have a rental car but I'm wondering if everyone is buying them, will they be scarce in the area stores? :confused3 My other choice will be to buy and pack a small soft collapsible cooler. Has anyone tried or had problems buying a cooler once there??

I say take your chances and then buy one there if you need to. If you can't find one, you could even buy a small bucket and refill it with ice every day. They have been replacing fridges at a faster rate than anticipated, so I would not be surprised if you had one in the room.

I was told at Music when we checked in Aug 4 that all gift shops sold the Styrofoam ones. I checked and they had them at $6.95. Don't forget to ask for your $15/night credit if there is no fridge in your room at check in as they will not offer it to you on their own. Have a great trip.:)

I was told at Music when we checked in Aug 4 that all gift shops sold the Styrofoam ones. I checked and they had them at $6.95. Don't forget to ask for your $15/night credit if there is no fridge in your room at check in as they will not offer it to you on their own. Have a great trip.:)

:thumbsup2

In past, I have taken the resort bus to DTD and walked to Hess.. About 5 minute walk.. Purchased a foam cooler and drinks, chips, etc and taken them back to hotel.. They've always had plenty.. I've done this on more than one occasion..

In past, I have taken the resort bus to DTD and walked to Hess.. About 5 minute walk.. Purchased a foam cooler and drinks, chips, etc and taken them back to hotel.. They've always had plenty.. I've done this on more than one occasion..

Not to hijack, but when you get off the bus to DTD, which direction do you walk to get to Hess? Can you see it from the bus stop? I'm considering it this trip. Thanks!

Ok that's good to hear. Didn't think they would have them in the gift shop....and surprised they are only 6.95 ;) I was just worried that so many people would be buying them that the area stores wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand. Also, don't want to spend my precious Disney time driving around looking for a cooler. Still keeping my finger crossed that our room will have a fridge!:thumbsup2

Get off of the bus at the second stop at DTD which used to be for Pleasure Island. You will see the Hess station right across the street from the bus stops. It was that way last year but with the construction I don't know if this has changed. I would also like to know if it is the same as we are going in Sept. We always pick up some water, breakfast items, and beer.:drinking1

That's not exactly how it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter