Bring It On, West Coast! East Coast Prepares For An LA & Disneyland Encounter (COMPLETE: TR POSTED)

I know I'm kinda rushing through, but I only have a few weeks until school starts and when that starts... who knows what will happen with this PTR? So I thought I should give as much content as possible beforehand. We're just going to keep on trucking.

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"
Top 10 Must-Ride Attractions at Disneyland

tumblr_m1d1je14Iy1r5z5hmo2_r1_250.gif

Now, we get to the happy happy fun part...

:dumbo: DISNEYLAND :dumbo:

tumblr_n0mmq8BBFi1s693wso1_500.gif

It's the reason I'm writing a PTR, isn't it?

There are MANY components to a Disneyland day and as you can see, we split our Disneyland days in half with one day for attractions and another for shows. Then, DCA will be done in one fell swoop, no need to have a split day there. Today we're talking about Disneyland though so we'll start with everyone's favorite...

THE ATTRACTIONS!

tumblr_n0pc1buSLR1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Disney attractions are what have made Disney well DISNEY. So of course, I'm going to be trying to conquer all the best the OG park has to offer. In order to iron out what I'll be wanting to do, I present...

:hmghost: MY TOP 10 MUST-RIDE ATTRACTIONS :hmghost:

Before I start this list, I want to mention that I will be omitting TWO attractions. These two unfortunately will probably be under refurb during my trip. The first is the It's A Small World, which will be going back to its true form. I'm not a big IASW fan and would most likely skip it in favor of something else if it were opened. It will be sad that it's going to be all scrimmed up and I won't get a pic of the iconic facade though :sad1:

Its-a-Small-World-Cinemagraph-by-Tours-Departing-Daily.gif

The other I'm a bit more sad about. Yeah, it's another attraction that is a classic and essentially identical to its counterpart in Walt Disney World. However, this one just added a new character animatronic and I've been obsessed with said character forever so I'm a bit sad I probably won't get to see it. It's also my favorite attraction at Disney World. There is a possibility we might get lucky and this one will be opened by the time we get there since the Holiday overlay isn't as extensive. Cross your fingers that happens because it would make my life to see the Hatbox Ghost and the original Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square where the phenom originally started.

tumblr_no7f4ta1zZ1rjapcjo3_1280.gif

Those omissions considered, here are the true to form top 10.

disneyland-railroad-o.gif

Disneyland Railroad
Disneyland's railroad gets so much love from fans, I'd have to ride it. I'm also crossing my fingers that by some stroke of lucky I get to ride in the iconic Lilly Belle car. PLEASE.

2335a807226bb796b27616ab87cad5d7.jpg

(Credit: Google Images)
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
One of the many rides in DLR that doesn't exist in WDW or Magic Kingdom. I can't not ride, even if it's a pretty basic dark ride. Still a Disney dark ride.

Tea%20Cups%2003.jpg

(Credit: AllEars.net)
Alice in Wonderland
I LOOOOVVEEE Alice in Wonderland. I'm totally into zany, clever stories like that and this is one of the only Disney rides out there that isn't just spinning tea cups. I'm here for it.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

The closest one will ever get to the original Submarine Voyage as well as the Magic Kingdom's ill-fated and long-forgotten 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Yeah, most regulars don't like it because it's stuffy and cramped. Still won't stop me from squeezing in a ride.

7a2dc480396f8eeb72502050122bfba7--sleeping-beauty-castle-disney-sleeping-beauty.jpg

(Credit: Google Images)
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Sleeping Beauty is one of my childhood favorite films and I'm pretty obsessed with the fact that Disneyland has a castle for my girl, Aurora, as well as a walkthrough about her story. I will for sure be making a point to go see this.

tumblr_lsj4f7ZtGg1qcwsd8o1_r1_500.gif

Space Mountain
No it won't be in Ghost Galaxy mode when I get there, but EVERYONE says the Space Mountain in Disneyland is better than the one at Magic Kingdom. I want to have the final say in that.

giphy.gif

Pirates of the Caribbean
Essentially a carbon copy of the one in Magic Kingdom, but longer with two drops and some extra scenes and updates. It's also the last attraction Walt ever put his touch on, truly. You know I could never EVER skip this one.

e8d07a042643c0471ba846aecb8ae26a.jpg

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
A far cry from another ill-fated Magic Kingdom version, but still harkening back to it, I have to ride this. I MUST ride this. Must. Must. Must. I got to go merrily on my way to nowhere in particular once in my life.

Indiana Jones Adventure
I hear rave after rave after rave review about this. It's the same track and ride design as Dinosaur with different theming. Yet everyone says it's so much more thrilling and better. I want to finally be able to have a solid opinion on this one.

And finally...

matterhorn-bobsleds-1-o.gif

Matterhorn Bobsleds

I've heard they are rough, bumpy and not nearly as fun as they used to be, but it was Disney's first steel coaster and their first mountain ever. It has quite the place in Disney history and almost every coaster in Disney history has it to thank. I must ride. I'm also ready to see a properly working yeti for once.

Honorable Mentions: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln & Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

DSC_0104_Animation.gif

tumblr_mu5qkz6b9I1qm8776o3_250.gif

These both really go without saying.

There are SOOOOO many attractions in Disneyland and I'm only scratching the surface with a top ten list. I want to know what you think are some attractions I might've overlooked that I really should make a point to go on. Let me know!

Until next time, have a magical day!

tenor.gif

More Planning

Last edited:
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Sleeping Beauty is one of my childhood favorite films and I'm pretty obsessed with the fact that Disneyland has a castle for my girl, Aurora, as well as a walkthrough about her story. I will for sure be making a point to go see this.

Ok, I didn't know this was a thing, but now that I do...I MUST make it to DLR one day!!!

No it won't be in Ghost Galaxy mode when I get there, but EVERYONE says the Space Mountain in Disneyland is better than the one at Magic Kingdom. I want to have the final say in that.

I will be very curious to hear your opinion on this one.

Indiana Jones Adventure
I hear rave after rave after rave review about this. It's the same track and ride design as Dinosaur with different theming. Yet everyone says it's so much more thrilling and better. I want to finally be able to have a solid opinion on this one.

This sounds really cool! I'm not a huge Dinosaur fan, but I love Indiana Jones, so...

Matterhorn Bobsleds
I've heard they are rough, bumpy and not nearly as fun as they used to be, but it was Disney's first steel coaster and their first mountain ever.

I have always always ALWAYS wanted to ride this! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

The Alice in Wonderland ride is so fun, one of my faves for sure! Pinocchio/Mr. Toad are also must dos if you love those classic dark rides (which I def do). Snow White as well if you have time (even though I know that was at WDW once upon a time).

You will love the walk-through, it's pretty neat!

DL Space Mountain >>>>>> WDW Space Mountain. No question!

Pirates was closed during my trip so I never got to go on it..so sad.

Matterhorn is definitely rough and bumpy! But it's a DL staple and you have to try it!

Your Top 10 is pretty perf! I think you've definitely covered everything as far as unique/different rides go. I hope you get on everything!

Following along! I'm also a Disneyland local, but heading to WDW for the first time in 3 WEEKS AND 1 DAY!!! SOOO EXCITED!

I bet Raven is a Disneyland expert, but I have some thoughts too:

Nighttime entertainment - So...Disneyland is annoying in the off-season, and they often don't shows or fireworks during the week, just on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays. World of Color may show on weeknights, but Fantasmic and fireworks would only be on one day of your trip-Friday. So I'd recommend scheduling DL-DCA-DL. You should also consider park hoppers. I know it's an extra cost, but sooo worth it! They are so close together, and in the possible event something in DCA breaks down your one day, you could always come back the next one.

For Fantasmic-absolutely get a dining package! I prefer Blue Bayou, as the food and ambiance is awesome! Again, $$$ but then you get an awesome view of Fantasmic. If you do the first show, you can also get a good view of fireworks from that area, and they play the music and project things on the water screens during the show. If you do anything other than a dining package you are going to have to stand the entire show and it's not the best view. Since you would potentially only have one day for DL nighttime entertainment, you can also consider getting the dining package for the 2nd show (or just ask your server for a pass for 2nd show-never had issues with that), and then see fireworks in front of the castle before coming over to the Rivers of America for the show.

For DCA evening entertainment, no one knows yet when Paint the Night is coming back. I would love it to get here for Christmas, but am not expecting it. And no one knows yet what the schedule will be with both PTN and WoC, especially because the parade route goes right through the seating area for WoC. It's not as important to get a dining package for WoC, as its still standing room only. You can usually get a FP anytime during the day and find a decent viewing spot. But you can also consider the dessert party, as it provides reserved seating at elevated tables for the show. I would do it but don't actually like the desserts, so it would be a waste for me!

Characters-They are pretty awesome at DL, just walking down the street and their photo spots are just in the main town square.

Make sure to spend one morning in the Fantasyland area and listen for the band. I don't want to spoil things more than that, but I love those guys and the unique places they like to play!

Rides (DL):
I agree with most of the ones you listed above. I love the Alice in Wonderland ride. They refurbed it some years ago and it was much improved with plenty of effects within the ride. Ones you didn't mention were Storybook Land Canal boats and Casey Jr Circus Train. Those are very relaxing and have awesome views of the miniature villages.

I'll save comment on DCA rides until you post them!

Ok, I didn't know this was a thing, but now that I do...I MUST make it to DLR one day!!!

I'm so excited for it. I might end up spending all day in there and doing nothing else lol

I will be very curious to hear your opinion on this one.

Me too lol

This sounds really cool! I'm not a huge Dinosaur fan, but I love Indiana Jones, so...

I LOVE Dinosaur, but I was a huge Indy fan for a time so I'm v ready for this ride.

I have always always ALWAYS wanted to ride this! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

No doubt it will be a detailed, exceptional review.

The Alice in Wonderland ride is so fun, one of my faves for sure! Pinocchio/Mr. Toad are also must dos if you love those classic dark rides (which I def do). Snow White as well if you have time (even though I know that was at WDW once upon a time).

I was able to ride Snow White when it was at WDW so that's why I'm holding off riding the DLR version especially with DLR exclusives like Alice, Pinocchio and Mr. Toad.

You will love the walk-through, it's pretty neat!

I'm so excited for it, like more excited than I should be for a walkthrough lol

DL Space Mountain >>>>>> WDW Space Mountain. No question!

The more I hear that, the more excited I am to ride. :hyper:

Pirates was closed during my trip so I never got to go on it..so sad.

Awww *thumbs down* You'll be able to live vicariously through my ride then lol

Matterhorn is definitely rough and bumpy! But it's a DL staple and you have to try it!

I think I'm going to make sure to ride it on both the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland sides because that's so neat it sits between two lands.

Your Top 10 is pretty perf! I think you've definitely covered everything as far as unique/different rides go. I hope you get on everything!

Thank you! Let's hope. :goodvibes

Following along! I'm also a Disneyland local, but heading to WDW for the first time in 3 WEEKS AND 1 DAY!!! SOOO EXCITED!

:welcome: And how exciting! If you need any advice on WDW, let me know, I'm pretty much an expert on that place at this point lol

I bet Raven is a Disneyland expert, but I have some thoughts too:

Nighttime entertainment - So...Disneyland is annoying in the off-season, and they often don't shows or fireworks during the week, just on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays. World of Color may show on weeknights, but Fantasmic and fireworks would only be on one day of your trip-Friday. So I'd recommend scheduling DL-DCA-DL. You should also consider park hoppers. I know it's an extra cost, but sooo worth it! They are so close together, and in the possible event something in DCA breaks down your one day, you could always come back the next one.

Oooo, I'll need all the expert help in the world.

Oh, ok, did not know that. I might end up skipping the fireworks in favor of Fantasmic so that might just work in my favor, but World of Color is a must so I guess I'll have to figure all that out. And yeah I was most likely going to get Park Hoppers. I'm pretty spontaneous when it comes to Disney parks, even with plans so park hoppers are always a must. I'm also going to use the MaxPass (Raven highly recommended) so hoping that's going to help with that situation too.

For Fantasmic-absolutely get a dining package! I prefer Blue Bayou, as the food and ambiance is awesome! Again, $$$ but then you get an awesome view of Fantasmic. If you do the first show, you can also get a good view of fireworks from that area, and they play the music and project things on the water screens during the show. If you do anything other than a dining package you are going to have to stand the entire show and it's not the best view. Since you would potentially only have one day for DL nighttime entertainment, you can also consider getting the dining package for the 2nd show (or just ask your server for a pass for 2nd show-never had issues with that), and then see fireworks in front of the castle before coming over to the Rivers of America for the show.

That might be worth my while since I'd LOVE to eat at Blue Bayou. I've heard so many good things about it. But money... always the issue uggghhh I never knew about things being projected on the water screens during the fireworks, that's really cool. Again, I'll have to wait and see about how I'm going to deal with that since that really depends on how much money I have left over as we get closer to the trip and post-park tickets bought.

For DCA evening entertainment, no one knows yet when Paint the Night is coming back. I would love it to get here for Christmas, but am not expecting it. And no one knows yet what the schedule will be with both PTN and WoC, especially because the parade route goes right through the seating area for WoC. It's not as important to get a dining package for WoC, as its still standing room only. You can usually get a FP anytime during the day and find a decent viewing spot. But you can also consider the dessert party, as it provides reserved seating at elevated tables for the show. I would do it but don't actually like the desserts, so it would be a waste for me!

Yeah I know there's no definitive time when it's coming back, but it sounded like late 2017 early 2018 so hopefully that means when I'm there. Hopefully. I'm crossing my fingers so tightly because I want to see it SO SO BAD. But hopefully it doesn't mean I have to choose between it and World of Color because of the parade route and my trip dates.

Characters-They are pretty awesome at DL, just walking down the street and their photo spots are just in the main town square.

I'm so excited for that! Characters are my thing and my DREAM would be that Peter Pan gives me a tour of Fantasyland (he's my fave).

Make sure to spend one morning in the Fantasyland area and listen for the band. I don't want to spoil things more than that, but I love those guys and the unique places they like to play!

Ooooo, definitely, that sounds neat. I loved the Main Street Philharmonic at MK and I heard DLR has multiple bands walking around so I'll definitely be on the lookout for them.

Rides (DL):
I agree with most of the ones you listed above. I love the Alice in Wonderland ride. They refurbed it some years ago and it was much improved with plenty of effects within the ride. Ones you didn't mention were Storybook Land Canal boats and Casey Jr Circus Train. Those are very relaxing and have awesome views of the miniature villages.

I'll save comment on DCA rides until you post them!

I was thinking about those, but I feel they'll fit in somewhere when I need a bit of a break because they do look really cute especially the Storybook Land boats.

Thank you for all the tips! I'm making notes alongside my replies. :thumbsup2

I'm also going to use the MaxPass (Raven highly recommended) so hoping that's going to help with that situation too.

Yeah, MaxPass is awesome! So convenient-I'm sure it's similar to the WDW method. But I love not having to run around the park to get FPs anymore!

Also something that'll work in your favor-low crowds! Weekdays in beginning on January are going to be pretty empty!

I'm so excited for that! Characters are my thing and my DREAM would be that Peter Pan gives me a tour of Fantasyland (he's my fave).

So I was at Disneyland a couple months ago and was there at rope drop on a weekday so it was pretty empty. I was in Fantasyland that morning and Gaston came strolling through; he didn't have a minder, just came prancing through the area showing off his muscles. Well, about 10 ft behind him, Peter Pan was walking, copying everything he did! It was hilarious and Gaston had no idea! He finally turned around to see what was going on and so Peter quickly pivoted to start playing peek a boo with a baby in a stroller who was sooo adorable! I wish I could have gotten a video but decided to just stay in the moment!

Oh, and Captain Hook was actually following Peter. He ended up veering off once Peter went to the baby (so he didn't scare him), but he was definitely quietly chasing Peter!

It was just an amazing experience!

Hi hello! After stalking your trip reports for a bit, I decided it was time to follow along on one! I am also planning on doing the College Program so I always love when people share their experiences. Working at Disney has been one of my dreams since I was little. I have ALSO never been to Disneyland but my mom went once on a work trip and managed to argue her way into a free ticket after all the rides broke down. So hopefully I will be able to convince her to go back before it expires! Super excited to see more of your plans!!

YAY!!!! DISNEYLAND:love:
I know you've been wanting to go for ages, happy you're finally making it!

Be back to comment more when I get some time. A few quick notes...PoC is much better in Disneyland, Snow White also seems much better than the departed one in WDW. Alice..don't miss out on this one as well as the submarines. Space is MUCH better at DLR, you sit side by side and much faster. BTM seems much less 'finished' in WDW.
I need to get back to DLR, it's been a few years. The grands went last year with their Aunt but I haven't been in a few. My Granddaughter's fave is Calfornia Screamin in DCA. She's loved it from the first time she was able to ride (I think she was 8, she's a very tall girl)
Hollywood..go across the street from the Walk to the Disney Entertainment Center (El Capitan), so much to do, maybe take the Metro Red Line but rely on Raven she'll know what to do.

Yeah, MaxPass is awesome! So convenient-I'm sure it's similar to the WDW method. But I love not having to run around the park to get FPs anymore!

Also something that'll work in your favor-low crowds! Weekdays in beginning on January are going to be pretty empty!

I heard it's a bit different since you still get paper FPs (WHICH I MISS SO MUCH), but it really helps with riding as many rides as possible.

I heard that! So amped for low crowds since last time I was in a Disney park it was NUTZ.

So I was at Disneyland a couple months ago and was there at rope drop on a weekday so it was pretty empty. I was in Fantasyland that morning and Gaston came strolling through; he didn't have a minder, just came prancing through the area showing off his muscles. Well, about 10 ft behind him, Peter Pan was walking, copying everything he did! It was hilarious and Gaston had no idea! He finally turned around to see what was going on and so Peter quickly pivoted to start playing peek a boo with a baby in a stroller who was sooo adorable! I wish I could have gotten a video but decided to just stay in the moment!

Oh, and Captain Hook was actually following Peter. He ended up veering off once Peter went to the baby (so he didn't scare him), but he was definitely quietly chasing Peter!

It was just an amazing experience!

AAAHHHH THAT DOES SOUND AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT. I got caught in the middle of a lot of Gaston and Peter moments when I would meet them in Magic Kingdom. They would use me as a messenger for their little petty fights. It was hilarious. I can't wait to see them face off against each other. #TeamPan

Hi hello! After stalking your trip reports for a bit, I decided it was time to follow along on one! I am also planning on doing the College Program so I always love when people share their experiences. Working at Disney has been one of my dreams since I was little. I have ALSO never been to Disneyland but my mom went once on a work trip and managed to argue her way into a free ticket after all the rides broke down. So hopefully I will be able to convince her to go back before it expires! Super excited to see more of your plans!!

Omg :welcome: I'm so glad you said hello!

That's awesome! The College Program is an amazing experience and I wish you the best of luck. Also, if you are thinking about going to DLR, I say go during your CP and just have it planned before you leave on your program and request those days off when you start because you'll be able to go there FOR FREE. I would've done that, but I thought about doing it too late. *sigh* Well, glad to have you here following along! :thumbsup2

YAY!!!! DISNEYLAND:love:
I know you've been wanting to go for ages, happy you're finally making it!

Be back to comment more when I get some time. A few quick notes...PoC is much better in Disneyland, Snow White also seems much better than the departed one in WDW. Alice..don't miss out on this one as well as the submarines. Space is MUCH better at DLR, you sit side by side and much faster. BTM seems much less 'finished' in WDW.
I need to get back to DLR, it's been a few years. The grands went last year with their Aunt but I haven't been in a few. My Granddaughter's fave is Calfornia Screamin in DCA. She's loved it from the first time she was able to ride (I think she was 8, she's a very tall girl)
Hollywood..go across the street from the Walk to the Disney Entertainment Center (El Capitan), so much to do, maybe take the Metro Red Line but rely on Raven she'll know what to do.

YAAAAASSS FINALLY I KNOW I'M SO EXCITED

Oh and :welcome:

The queue for DLR's Snow White seems far better themed than what WDW had, which was essentially nothing. All these assessments just confirm what everyone says so thank you for your little inputs.

California Screamin' is my number one for DCA since I kinda conquered my fear of coasters like that and I heard it's like a million times better than RnRC.

I'll definitely keep that in mind although we will be in WeHo first probably, but I know Raven will have it figured out.

Thank you so much for your little tidbits! I'll be looking forward to hearing your more descriptive thoughts on what I need to do. :thumbsup2

My 2018 New Years Resolution Is A Lost Boy Guided Tour of Fantasyland
Must-See Entertainment At Disneyland

Going along with our original itinerary, our next day would be an entertainment day. We're planning to use this day just to see all the daily shows as well go on a character hunting spree. In honor of that, I thought we'd begin this update with my...

Top 5 Must-See Disneyland Shows

giphy.gif

Remember... Dreams Come True!

If this was Disneyland Forever, it would be up a slight higher, but it still deserves a mention just for harkening back to my beloved Wishes (RIP).

anigif_sub-buzz-7460-1488832690-1.gif

The Disneyland Bands

Disneyland has a multitude of bands travelling throughout the park. From the Pearly Band in Fantasyland to the iconic Disneyland Band that walks Main Street and the Castle Hub, there is one everywhere so I'd love to catch one, especially if Belle and Beast still come out to dance with them or Mickey conducts them.

Fantasmic-Dragon-Fire-Disneyland.gif

Fantasmic

This show was recently revamped with a new POTC section, Aladdin & Jasmine and Flynn & Rapunzel added, a new soundtrack, etc. etc. Really though I want to see it for their non-cherry picking dragon. That's all.

tumblr_n2nlsxrrLf1qzt3rto2_500.gif

Mickey's Soundsational Parade

I've been wanting to see this since it first premiered. I used to listen to the soundtrack on the daily so yes, I WILL be seeing Soundsational in person, no doubt about it.

Annnnndddd last but certainly not least...

5_13_DL_02844_.jpg

(Photo credit: Google Images)
Mickey and the Magical Map
Live singing, quality dancing, a Princess and the Frog section, I am HERE for it. I'm so pumped to finally go on adventures with Mickey through his Magical Map, see the bubble dancers, witness the princess three party harmony, etc. etc. I cannot tell you how excited and jumping out of my skin I will be when I first see this. I AM READY.

Now, "shows" don't cover the entirety of entertainment. There is also the linch pin of all Disney entertainment: CHARACTER MEET & GREETS!!!

If you've read my past reports, followed me on Instagram or just know me, you KNOW this is what I love most about Disney. Meeting my favorite Disney characters and getting to have legitimate convos with them gives me LIFE and Disneyland is supposedly the best place for them because NO ATTENDANTS. Most all characters are self-sufficient and even wander. It's probably going to throw me off a bit, but I'm excited for a new experience and I know Raven is too (since she doesn't know many who are into meeting characters) so here is...

Top 10 Must-Do Character Meets at Disneyland

lovelyorgans-tumblr2.gif

The Mad Hatter

I met this famous mad man a few times in Magic Kingdom with Alice, but unfortunately, a few months into my program, he got cut (alongside Woody & Jessie and Rafiki). Needless to say I miss him and his crazy antics that never failed to put a smile on my face. Playing musical chairs with him, Alice and maybe Peter would also be a total bonus to his usual shtick.

giphy.gif

Captain Hook

So he no longer looks this scary anymore, but I'VE NEVER MET CAPTAIN HOOK. I've met the ever adorable, bumbling Smee but not the Cap himself. Time to fix that.

Geppetto
Alright so this is not of Geppetto in Disneyland and shows that I INDEED have met him... twice (and a third time when he just happened to wander around Fantasyland in MK). He's still a sweetheart who gives great hugs so meeting him again would be lovely. Or just watching him stumble his way curiously through Fantasyland would be enough.

tumblr_ml0bhqKQ681qirbndo2_500.gif

Flynn Rider
Honestly, so in love with him. I've only met him four times and the fact he just skips around Disneyland with Punzie sometimes is EVERYTHING to me. I MISS YOU EUGENE, COME BACK INTO MY LIFE SO WE CAN SET OFF FLOATING LANTERNS TOGETHER!!!

tumblr_ml865dKZ3C1s5nzd6o1_r2_250.gif

Cruella De Vil
I love love love LOOOOVVEEEE Cruella. I only met her once and it was an experience. She's so zany and sweet and high energy, nothing that you'd ever expect from a villain. I also bounded as her for last year's Fall Dapper Day in Epcot. I just need to see her again and maybe have a runway walk off. That would be brilliant.

tumblr_o5n0d62DLd1v1iykoo1_500.gif

Bert

If you haven't realized yet, I have a thing for adorable, handsome Disney boys. And I'm honestly so distracted by this gif because OMG if his closed mouth smile isn't perfection. I'm so heart eyes for this golden chimney sweep boy. I met him three times during Characterpalooza at Studios (once with Mary) then proceeded to cry over him during my last Fantasmic so yeah, we will be reunited. For sure.

5e5273738bb1cf327ac9b430ed1845f6.gif

Pinocchio

Another character I've NEVER met. I don't think I even recall seeing him out and about ever so this will be an occasion seeing the sweet wooden boy puppet. Maybe I'll get to meet him with Geppetto and get a nice big group hug from the ultimate father-son duo.

giphy.gif

Darth Vader

Actually bless Disneyland for having Vader in their Launch Bay instead of Kylo Ren. Not to say meeting Kylo Ren wasn't an experience, but Darth Vader/Anakin is my bae, even dressed in all black. I cannot WAIT to be terrified by him.

tumblr_lokhrkqChf1qd7za2o2_400.gif

Dr. Facilier

Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney movie. I've met Tiana too many times. I met Naveen a bunch. No Louis, but he's rarer than rare (and I'll at least get to see him in Soundsational). Facilier would then be next up on the list and frankly, he comes in fourth place behind Charlotte, Tiana and Naveen so he would come next as a fave from that movie. It would've been super cool to see him on the Riverboat but New Orleans works just as well for the Shadow man.

That brings us to...

tumblr_ln89negih91qjh7sh.gif

Peter Pan

Again, if you know me, you know I love meeting characters and you know the KING of characters is Peter. I've met him more times than I can count, but HE RUNS DISNEYLAND. I've heard he just goes wherever his heart pleaseth. My DREAM would be for him to give me the grand tour of Fantasyland, his home tour. I'd probably cry multiple times whilst skipping alongside him or behind him, whichever works for Peter. I just miss him a lot and need to fly with my favorite lost boy again.

Honorable Mentions: Aurora By Her Castle, Tiana In New Orleans, Snow White by Her Wishing Well, Moana

And that basically covers all of my top lists for what I hope to do in Disneyland. Next up we'll be moving on to Disney California Adventure because it can't just be ALL about Disneyland. DCA's pretty great too or so I here and there's A LOT I'm looking forward to over there. Until I've written those lists, have a magical day!

tumblr_mqcraabdOw1s693wso1_500.gif

More Planning

Last edited:
Your show list is great! Mickey & the Magical Map is SO fun and I loved Soundsational!

I hope you get to meet all the characters on your list! I would also say make sure you try and see Mickey in his house in Toontown!

Your show list is great! Mickey & the Magical Map is SO fun and I loved Soundsational!

I hope you get to meet all the characters on your list! I would also say make sure you try and see Mickey in his house in Toontown!

All so many good things to hear. And I TOTALLY forgot to make note of Toontown because I NEVER SAW IT IN WDW so I DEF need to see it in Disneyland with a stop to see the Boss man.

That Last Minute Rush Before Pixar Pier
Top 7 Must-Dos at Disney's California Adventure

After covering all of Disneyland in quite a lengthy two stepped process, I've finally managed to cross back over the Esplanade to the other half of the Disneyland Resort in California:

:flower1::sunny: Disney's California Adventure! :sunny::flower1:

For this park, I've only set aside one day. Raven said she barely spends time there and has always seen it as a one day park. Many others have concurred in my discussions about Disneyland. Most regulars go there in the morning and then are just lounging in Disneyland the rest of the day so DCA will be a one day park. Whether it happens on our last day or not depends. I mean, I'm also looking at probably getting park hoppers so WHO KNOWS?! I mean, these park hoppers are more legit since you ACTUALLY can hop from one park to another (no, walking between Epcot and Studios by way of the BoardWalk/Yacht & Beach is NOT a hop).

ANYWAYS...

In light of DCA being not as jam-packed with things to do as DLR, I decided to condense my little "must-do list" this time from the three parter for Disneyland to a ONE parter, which I have aptly titled...

Top 7 Must-Dos At DCA

I'm just going to cover it all: shows, characters, attractions, etc. in one list of the 7 things I'm really REALLY hoping to do during my one days worth of DCA ventures.

Here we go!

FIRST, some quick honorable mentions: Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Everything on Paradise Pier (because well... you know) & Animation Academy

Now, to the real stuff...

InstructiveQuarterlyHagfish-max-1mb.gif

California Screamin'

Yes, I did indeed say Paradise Pier is an honorable mention, but I couldn't NOT highlight this ride in the top 7 because it is a must-do. Once upon a time ago, this was going to be the planned date to pop my upside-down launch coaster cherry. Rock N Roller Coaster and Aerosmith ended up having that distinction, but I still am making a point to ride this one and I'm so freakin' excited about it. Eeeeeppp!

xgqcmf5v49wlkwnnoyf3.gif

Meeting Marvel Characters in a Disney Park

Spider-Man. Captain America. Black Widow. Maybe Hawkeye. AND I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO UNIVERSAL TO MEET THEM. I am LIVING. It still is really awful that WDW is far from finally getting Universal to give up all their superhero character meet and greets, but you know just meeting Spider-Man aka Peter Parker aka Tom Holland is enough for my childhood crushing heart.

red%20car%20news.jpg

(Photo credit: Small World Vacations)
The Red Car Trolley News Boys

"A suitcase and a dream! A SUITCASE AND A DREAM!" You put the Walt Disney success story, Mickey Mouse, news boys singing songs from the Tony-winning musical Newsies into one short little trolley show on DCA's "main street" and you got me. I'm also secretly hoping this will be where @Newsies and I reunite after being a year apart because DUH!

tumblr_m5u67pluK31r63keto1_500.gif

Cars Land

I've never been to DCA so I obviously haven't been to the theme park masterpiece that is Cars Land. I cannot wait to ride Radiator Springs Racers and win, have a little lunch at the Cozy Cone motel, take a pic with the beaded curtains that Britney Spears took a picture at with her sons recreating her iconic "Oops!... I Did It Again" album cover, etc. etc. This visit has been LONG overdue so obviously I will be in Cars Land for quite a bit of time.

tumblr_m3bo8a6bH81qkzw84o1_500.gif

World of Color

Another OBVIOUSLY. I haven't been to DCA therefore have not seen WoC and WHO DOESN'T LOVE WORLD OF COLOR?! I know I sure as heck won't. There is no way I'm missing this unique spectacle found at no other Disney park. No "Walt Disney Wonderful World"in' way!

source.gif

Anything and Everything Guardians of the Galaxy

Mission: BREAKOUT! just opened and it's basically Tower of Terror set to old school mixtape rock 'n' roll. Adult Groot meets out in front. There's an awesome dance party with Star Lord and Gamora. I already loved the Guardians enough, but now I get to immerse myself in the movies like never before. This is Disney magic at its finest and I don't care if y'all are better about ToT being removed because
WDW'S IS BETTER AND WE STILL HAVE IT!!!!
Anyways, I will hopefully be getting to do all or at least most of these experiences. Pray that the hype has died down enough that we can ride standby so I can see the queue. And y'all should know when I say PRAY. You best be praying.

Now last, but far FAR from the least, it is actually the number one reason I'm getting my butt over to Cali. So number one reason for being in the Disneyland resort area...

paint-tink.gif

Paint The Night

I mentioned it before and I'm mentioning it again. I am OBSESSED with Paint The Night. I've been obsessed with it since it's premiere. I'm pretty sure I know all the words to its opening spiel. I've listened to the parade soundtrack too many times for someone who has yet to see it in person. I cried when I heard it was leaving Disneyland then coming back to DL for the holidays then leaving again and now coming back at DCA in 2018 WITH A NEW FLOAT. Yeah, there's no official date for when it will be officially returning, but rumors are it's going to be on the dot early January or in time for Christmas which hopefully means this trip. So really pray, wish on the evening star, make a blood sacrifice, WHATEVER so that I get to see what I know will be my favorite Disney parade ever once I see it. PLEASE DISNEY GODS AND FRIENDS PLEAAAAAAASSEEEEEEEE

*ahem*

So yeah, that about covers exactly what I hope to achieve in terms of Disney's California Adventure. Once again, it's time for your opinion. What did I miss? Are there any specifics things within some of my VERY broad listings that I should consider doing? Anything I really should skip within these broad listings? Let me know!

While that's going on, I hope you all as always, have a magical day!

3418eabc2db384d36689ad4ad77ca6fa03402b2b_hq.gif

More Planning

Last edited:
I mean, these park hoppers are more legit since you ACTUALLY can hop from one park to another

I swear I have seen some kids literally hop across the esplanade! If I was younger/better shape I totally would have as well!

some quick honorable mentions: Heimlich's Chew Chew Train

This is sooo cute and hilarious! Often is a virtual walk-on too. Bug's Land is also adorable to walk through (though the other rides can be skipped).

The Red Car Trolley News Boys
"A suitcase and a dream! A SUITCASE AND A DREAM!" You put the Walt Disney success story, Mickey Mouse, news boys singing songs from the Tony-winning musical Newsies into one short little trolley show on DCA's "main street" and you got me.

They don't really sing Newsies songs anymore :( They used to do Carrying the Banner/Seize the Day with a couple modifications, but now the songs are all different. But they do play some of the songs instrumentally in DTD and Hollywoodland

Pray that the hype has died down enough that we can ride standby so I can see the queue

The FP queue skips some of the exhibits in the lobby. Those are the ones that are animatronic and are pretty cool. The rest of the queue (Collector's office and storage area) happens after the merge. Luckily, wait times appear to be going down. I think mid-day will be fine-but you should absolutely try to ride it multiple times! Each song has a different ride profile, which is totally cool - I'm still missing one and I've ridden it 12 times!

This is especially where I think park hoppers would come in handy. While DCA has less rides, it still has the two that have the highest wait times (Racers and Guardians), and also run out of FPs earlier. It makes sense to hit those early, especially before after school/work ends and locals descend on the parks. DL has more rides, which allows the crowds to spread out more, if that makes sense?

Cars Land is amazing!! Definitely set aside some time to go visit it at night also, it's so beautiful when it's all lit up!

And Paint the Night..there are just no words for how epic it is!! I hope you are able to see it!

If you like Monsters Inc, check out its ride! It was one of my faves!

Ummmmmmm these lists of must-dos is FABULOUS and thank you for tagging me because I am #slacking on the DIS as of late and I don't always see everything nowadays!

Young one, fear not over Haunted Mansion and Small World! According to Austin, they're usually up in their holiday overlays until the 14th, so we should be able to catch them.

Everything else is PERF. Yaaaasssss to all of those dark rides making the cut! The Fantasyland Dark Rides are so special in DLR and I can't wait to see them, either!

The Disneyland Bands are SO cute... I cry.

SOUNDSATIONAL AND THE MAGICAL MAP... I AM LITERALLY IN TEARS. THE PUREST PARADE AND PUREST SHOW.

I am so excited to catch FLYNN and Vader in DLR, and everyone knows that Peter roaming around Fantasyland in DLR is much cuter than Peter standing in front of the map in Magic Kingdom, #noshade. Your character list is the CUTEST and I can't want to see the adorable picture you get!

Universal needs to free our Marvel boys because currently we have nothing else going on in DHS so we should honestly just have them roam studios talking to people at least until star wars land opens up.

THE RED CAR TROLLEY BOYS. If we don't meet up and see them together... what is even the point of me flying out to California??????? Dying.

RnRC was supposed to be MY upside-down coaster cherry pop, but it was given to the Sea Serpent in Wildwood Crest. Which was not how I wanted things to be, but it is how it is.

SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPING UP. ILYSMMMMMM AND I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU HAVE THIS WHOLE THING PLANNED OUT ALREADY. Also these must-dos are going to be my #inspo when I return to my DLR PTR and I need your must-do snacks/food and must-buy merch next. KTHX

I swear I have seen some kids literally hop across the esplanade! If I was younger/better shape I totally would have as well!

I might just do that, film it and hope it goes viral *fingers crossed*

This is sooo cute and hilarious! Often is a virtual walk-on too. Bug's Land is also adorable to walk through (though the other rides can be skipped).

Whether I ride any rides in a land or not, I have to see ALL of them because who knows when they are next getting the chop?

They don't really sing Newsies songs anymore :( They used to do Carrying the Banner/Seize the Day with a couple modifications, but now the songs are all different. But they do play some of the songs instrumentally in DTD and Hollywoodland

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO That makes me so upset. At least I can hear the instrumentals if in those areas at the right time tho (hopefully)

The FP queue skips some of the exhibits in the lobby. Those are the ones that are animatronic and are pretty cool. The rest of the queue (Collector's office and storage area) happens after the merge. Luckily, wait times appear to be going down. I think mid-day will be fine-but you should absolutely try to ride it multiple times! Each song has a different ride profile, which is totally cool - I'm still missing one and I've ridden it 12 times!

Yeah, so I guess I might use a Magical Morning to ride that or just book it there than get a FP to enjoy it again, having now seen all the extra cool stuff in the standby. MaxPass might help too.

This is especially where I think park hoppers would come in handy. While DCA has less rides, it still has the two that have the highest wait times (Racers and Guardians), and also run out of FPs earlier. It makes sense to hit those early, especially before after school/work ends and locals descend on the parks. DL has more rides, which allows the crowds to spread out more, if that makes sense?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I mean, DLR doesn't even have FP for Peter Pan's Flight, which I ALWAYS get at WDW and everyone says there's really no need. Same with TSMM. Mornings might be truly well spent at DCA, once the trip is in full swing.

Cars Land is amazing!! Definitely set aside some time to go visit it at night also, it's so beautiful when it's all lit up!

Oh I'm so lit to see it lit at night, I for sure will be there for when the neon turns on.

And Paint the Night..there are just no words for how epic it is!! I hope you are able to see it!

If you like Monsters Inc, check out its ride! It was one of my faves!

I CANNOT WAIT. And yes, I heard that's a walk-on so that might be shoved in during those moments where everything I'd like to do has crazy waits.

Ummmmmmm these lists of must-dos is FABULOUS and thank you for tagging me because I am #slacking on the DIS as of late and I don't always see everything nowadays!

You're very welcome. I MISSED YOUUUUUU

Young one, fear not over Haunted Mansion and Small World! According to Austin, they're usually up in their holiday overlays until the 14th, so we should be able to catch them.

Ooooo, YAAAASSSS that's very reassuring. I wonder why Raven thought otherwise. I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Everything else is PERF. Yaaaasssss to all of those dark rides making the cut! The Fantasyland Dark Rides are so special in DLR and I can't wait to see them, either!

They are the OGs and many have Walt's fingerprints on them. I REFUSE to miss them.

The Disneyland Bands are SO cute... I cry.

Same.

SOUNDSATIONAL AND THE MAGICAL MAP... I AM LITERALLY IN TEARS. THE PUREST PARADE AND PUREST SHOW.

I KNOW RIGHT?! My corrupted soul might not be able to handle it. *sobs*

I am so excited to catch FLYNN and Vader in DLR, and everyone knows that Peter roaming around Fantasyland in DLR is much cuter than Peter standing in front of the map in Magic Kingdom, #noshade. Your character list is the CUTEST and I can't want to see the adorable picture you get!

Thank you! And omg THE TEA. Even though they HAVE actually let him roam a bit in MK (he did OFFICIALLY in Adventureland during MVMCP), but he never really stops for meets sadly WAAAHHHH

Universal needs to free our Marvel boys because currently we have nothing else going on in DHS so we should honestly just have them roam studios talking to people at least until star wars land opens up.

Too tru. My DHS deserves better. UNIVERSAL BACK THE F OFF

THE RED CAR TROLLEY BOYS. If we don't meet up and see them together... what is even the point of me flying out to California??????? Dying.

Exactly. They are a MUST for us TOGETHER.

RnRC was supposed to be MY upside-down coaster cherry pop, but it was given to the Sea Serpent in Wildwood Crest. Which was not how I wanted things to be, but it is how it is.

At least the cherry has been popped and no one can hold us accountable for that.

SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPING UP. ILYSMMMMMM AND I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU HAVE THIS WHOLE THING PLANNED OUT ALREADY. Also these must-dos are going to be my #inspo when I return to my DLR PTR and I need your must-do snacks/food and must-buy merch next. KTHX

Omg must-do food and must-buy merch... I don't know. THERE'S SO MUCH. I will try to keep the #inspo coming and ILY2 bb, so glad you've returned. <3

If Everything Edible Was Mickey-Shaped, The World Would Be A Better Place
Top 7 Must-Eats/Drinks at the Disneyland Resort

Y'all can go and thank @Newsies for this update because I originally was going to go somewhere else. Much like my life, some lovely friend of mine kicked me in the butt and reminded me to eat because I was too distracted doing other things. Thanks good sis, again!

Today, we are talking about the nourishment aspect of Disneyland, the large array of drinks and snacks and dishes and such that the resort has to offer. I'm most likely NOT going to be dining anywhere, again that's a lighter NOT than I put it on to be, but I'll be snacking my life away because that's how I do. How else would I have a BMI equivalent to that of a pin-up model with a five inch waist six feet under?

Sorry, went to the physical and need to remind myself that I'm not wasting away to nothing and have just been doing my unhealthy yet healthy thing *ahem* For today's update, I will be listing all the snackage (which will include some beverage because 21 FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A DISNEY PARK) that I hope to indulge myself with by way of...

MY TOP 7 MUST-EATS/DRINKS AT DLR
(Disclaimer: None of these photos are mine because NEVER BEEN TO DLR.)

Honorable Mention: Dole Whip inside the Enchanted Tiki Room

2433ba42bf7ad8c281c2c0c46e20d2c5--disneyland-food-disneyland-vacation.jpg

Red's Apple Freeze

This goes without saying because it's basically the same thing as Le Fou's Brew in Magic Kingdom at Disney World. If you've ever read any of my most recent TRs, you know the Brew is my life blood. Even though I'm too devout to the Brew to call it a "Red's Apple Freeze", I'm still getting a RAF.

disneyland-hotel-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-968x450-02.jpg

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar

The difference between the last time I was in a Disney park and now is I'M 21, HUNTIES!!! And what does one do when they're in Disney and legal for the first time? You hop over to Trader Sam's and pick your poison. Uh-Oa is what I have on the mind, but I know we'll probably making multiple stops so I'm going to be all over that menu once the time comes, but Trader Sam's is a must for my refreshment needs.

Dill-Flavored-Popcorn.jpg

Dill Pickle Popcorn

I am all about the weird and zany choices Disney makes for food that turn out being delicious (see: Le Fou's Brew) and apparently the Dill Pickle Popcorn from the Cozy Cone Motel is where it's at. I've recently found a penchant for pickles so this will be a strong step in that direction, which I'm all for. Also, Disney popcorn is wonderful as is.

e8ca8b08bb0f67e7d780fd9b26927634--bakery-cafe-disneyland.jpg

Matterhorn Macaroons

I'm pretty sure this goes without saying for any Disneyland regulars. It's iconic. And if I'm going to ride the Matterhorn, I might as well have the macaroon to match.

30-whereiskirstie.w245.h368.jpg

Groot Bread

Not sure if this is only limited time and will potentially be gone by the time I get there, but how can I NOT list this one? I got to get my Groot fill in every way shape or form (even if Baby Groot doesn't meet at DCA *sigh*).

Disneyland-Churro.jpg

Churros

Another pretty generic choice, but every person I know who is a Disneyland regular tells me that Disneyland's churros are far better than Disney World. I mean, they've even had themed ones over here so it's a thing and I like things. I'm going to eat this thing.

944917a69eabaf1ffdb5a2bc206da718.jpg

Mickey Beignets & Mint Juleps

These go hand-in-hand since you get them in the same location. I tried beignets for the first time ever during my CP, but I've never had MICKEY-SHAPED ones so that is such a plus. Also, Mint Juleps are the name of the boozey game at Disneyland so of course I'm going to get on that. And paired with the beignets... I'm a proper Disneyland sommelier I should think.

Again, this was kind of last minute so I didn't really sleep on this one. I'd love to hear any and all suggestions my new Disneyland friends have for me. I'm not a foodie, but I am because I do like food, it just tends to come after things like going on attractions or meeting characters and frankly I prefer to take on other people's suggestions rather than my online research. So much thanks in advanced!

Oh and have a magical day!

zHuO5qFN.gif

More Planning

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!