Brief report with some info updates (+ pics and maps)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Another late posting so I'll keep it brief.

A friend informed me this morning that he's now been told by two different CM friends in the parking structure that there will be large-scale layoffs after Labor Day. Apparently DL over-hired in anticipation of record crowds, which -- as we all know - did not materialize.

Another friend was at the park on Friday. His wife can't walk for long so he got her a wheelchair. As he picked it up, he saw two young girls (approx 12) getting a chair for themselves. Apparently they could get along fine without it because he saw them trade-off with it several times. Certainly they took advantage of return times, etc.

As in the past several weeks, crowds seemed mildly heavy at the gate but once we got to the Fantasyland rope drop location, they were substantially lighter. We were easily the first two on PP, once again.

I'm not a fan of Saturdays in the park because crowds grow large quickly, as they did today.

I checked with CMs at HSM and two shared that they'd both heard (and were 95% sure) that the ride would not switch over to Ghost Galazy for Halloween. This confirms newspaper reports other have posted here over the past few days.

Pics and then bed. Very tired. I have park maps, if anyone would like a set. One of the pics below includes a brief look inside of Club 33. The door happened to be wide open as I passed. The CM did not look pleased but I also got the feeling that she wasn't empowered to tell me not to snap pics. Whatever the case, she certainly said nothing to me about it.

I believe this is the part of The Matterhorn from which a piece fell on Thursday.
IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

The central part of the new parking/security area looks like it'll be especially nice once it's completed.
thumbnail_IMG_1330.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1331.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1332.jpg

The bathroom area at the beginning of Tomorrowland. Not a single person had arrived yet.
thumbnail_IMG_1333.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1339.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1341.jpg

The gold circle - it's kind of difficult to see -- actually says "Club 33."
thumbnail_IMG_1346.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1347.jpg

Last edited:

Where did you find Brer Fox? Does he come out regularly? Do any of the other Brer characters; Rabbit or Bear?
That's the only time I've ever seen him. I think I saw him on the path that connects the main hub to Tomorrowland via the Matterhorn trail.

Bummer! I saw you taking the picture in front of The Haunted Mansion and was pretty sure it was you... but, was not positive. I really didn't want to be a weirdo and go up to someone who wasn't you and be all creepy and say 'Hey, I know you from the internet!" :)
Nah -- never let fear of embarrassment stop you from acting. I used to but now I simply surge forward. Nine times out of ten it works out just fine :-).

Bummer! I saw you taking the picture in front of The Haunted Mansion and was pretty sure it was you... but, was not positive. I really didn't want to be a weirdo and go up to someone who wasn't you and be all creepy and say 'Hey, I know you from the internet!" :)

Ha ha ha. I've been that weirdo twice. Ran into WonkaKid a while back on Mr. Toad. My whole family was wondering why I seemed to recognize this stranger in line and just started talking to him. Found WonkaKid again this past Saturday entering his first high score of the day on Buzz. I knew he was going to be there since he had posted on the Disboards that he was going Saturday to avoid the CHOC walk, so I had already told DH he wasn't going to stick on the leader board for long since he's never made it past 1.2 million or so. DH's top score was somewhere just north of 750,000 on Saturday so at least he got to appear briefly in the top 10 before all the million and almost 2 million scores kicked him out. Anyway, I walked right up and called out to WonkaKid asking him if he was already top of the leaderboard. He rode in the car behind us on the next ride when I got my worst score of the day. lol

Ha ha ha. I've been that weirdo twice. Ran into WonkaKid a while back on Mr. Toad. My whole family was wondering why I seemed to recognize this stranger in line and just started talking to him. Found WonkaKid again this past Saturday entering his first high score of the day on Buzz. I knew he was going to be there since he had posted on the Disboards that he was going Saturday to avoid the CHOC walk, so I had already told DH he wasn't going to stick on the leader board for long since he's never made it past 1.2 million or so. DH's top score was somewhere just north of 750,000 on Saturday so at least he got to appear briefly in the top 10 before all the million and almost 2 million scores kicked him out. Anyway, I walked right up and called out to WonkaKid asking him if he was already top of the leaderboard. He rode in the car behind us on the next ride when I got my worst score of the day. lol
Thanks for saying hi! I always enjoy meeting other people from the board. How long ago did we meet at Mr. Toad? That's probably been awhile. People from the board approach me on average about once every three weeks or so and everyone's always been super nice :-).

How long ago did we meet at Mr. Toad?

Probably a couple of years now; we go often enough that some trip memories blend together. It was a Sunday morning; you had been first on Peter Pan and my family was first on Alice and then we ended up in line next to each other for Toad as our second ride of the morning.

Thanks for the awesome photos as always. Sorry to read about the layoffs :( I was wondering if they did a huge hiring boost, ugh.

Thanks for the pictures. I always enjoy your updates!
You’re welcome! I always enjoy posting them. In fact, I’ll head to the park tomorrow for my birthday. A few years ago a friend from the park met me there and already had a birthday button for me, which was very kind. What made it even kinder was that she had the CM write my age as “29” ;-). I’m not 29. As you might imagine.

I hope to get some good pics tomorrow. If I do, you know I’ll post them here :-).

Love reading all your reports and seeing the pics! I’ll definitely say hello if I see you when I’m there next week :)

You’re welcome! I always enjoy posting them. In fact, I’ll head to the park tomorrow for my birthday. A few years ago a friend from the park met me there and already had a birthday button for me, which was very kind. What made it even kinder was that she had the CM write my age as “29” ;-). I’m not 29. As you might imagine.

I hope to get some good pics tomorrow. If I do, you know I’ll post them here :-).
Happy Birthday (tomorrow). No better place to celebrate. I'm sure you still don't look a day over 29!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!