Bridging Tickets To AP

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
Is there a thread discussing the best deal on tickets for use to bridge to an AP ?

Is there a thread discussing the best deal on tickets for use to bridge to an AP ?
There isn't one. Probably because ticket deals are fleeting and the best ticket to be used for an AP upgrade today may not be the best one tomorrow.

The general rule of thumb is to purchase a ticket that provides the greatest discount while having a gate price that does not exceed the price of your AP. So, buying a 10-day hopper that is $47 off the gate price is not as good of a deal as purchasing a 6-day hopper w/ 1 extra day at $67 off of the gate price. You have to pony up more cash at the ticket booth for the upgrade but your overall OOP cost is less.

Touring Plans has a ticket calculator where you can enter the number of days that you want and it will tell you where to find that ticket for the least amount of money.

If UT still has the buy 4 day PH, get 3 free its $105 off the gate price so then $105 off the AP. That's the best I've seen

If UT still has the buy 4 day PH, get 3 free its $105 off the gate price so then $105 off the AP. That's the best I've seen
That ship has sailed. However, since those were leftover stock from before the most recent price increase, their upgrade value is not the same as a 7-day park hopper which was minted on Feb. 12, 201 or later.

There is a buy 6 get 1 day free (ParkHopper) offer at UT now. Can I purchase this ticket ($469.95) and get the full gate price of a 7 day PH applied toward the purchase of an Annual Pass?

Thanks!

That ship has sailed. However, since those were leftover stock from before the most recent price increase, their upgrade value is not the same as a 7-day park hopper which was minted on Feb. 12, 201 or later.

How do you know they were leftover stock? I'm talking about the flash sale from this week.

Please forgive my senior brain but can you tell me what their upgrade value would be then and minted when? The year is missing or is that deliberate which would mean I don't understand this either? Thanks in advance

Please forgive my senior brain but can you tell me what their upgrade value would be then and minted when? The year is missing or is that deliberate which would mean I don't understand this either? Thanks in advance
2017! Typed too fast and didn't proofread before hitting POST.

You would get whatever the gate value of the ticket was on Feb. 11, 2017 applied toward your upgrade or AP purchase. In the case of a 7-day hopper, that gate value would have been $467.54 (tax incl.). From a post on the TPAS by Robo, you may actually get a few dollars more for that ticket but not the current gate value of a 7-day hopper. It's not guaranteed to happen so it's best to go into guest services with the expectation to get nothing more than $467.54 applied to your upgrade.

2017! Typed too fast and didn't proofread before hitting POST.

You would get whatever the gate value of the ticket was on Feb. 11, 2017 applied toward your upgrade or AP purchase. In the case of a 7-day hopper, that gate value would have been $467.54 (tax incl.). From a post on the TPAS by Robo, you may actually get a few dollars more for that ticket but not the current gate value of a 7-day hopper. It's not guaranteed to happen so it's best to go into guest services with the expectation to get nothing more than $467.54 applied to your upgrade.

Thank you. Saved the link..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter