Bridge To Terabithia

coolshannie

DIS Veteran
Is anybody else in love with this movie? I remember reading the book when I was little, but I never remember crying or really having it hit me. Maybe because it was a read along book and I was just a kid? I don't know. I bought the movie on tuesday and have watched it three times. The movie just really touches me. I think it has such a wonderful meaning. What do you think of the book or the movie?

Never read the book. But we just got the movie, I was thinking about watching it tomorrow. My friend said it was a really good movie, but really sad.

Oh em gee.
That movie is awesome.
I think it's the only movie that's better than the book.

Oh em gee.
That movie is awesome.
I think it's the only movie that's better than the book.

i completely agree. I mean i think books are great because they give more insight into what the character's are thinking but i think the movie does a great job of this. Im actually watching it right now.. im sure im going to cry my eyes out soon.. -.- i hate the sad part.

I never saw the movie. I read the book when I was 9 though. I lliked it. My sister read the book when she was 10 and loved it! She just saw the movie (she's 11 now) and was so happy to see it was faithfull to the book!

-Dainan "Then she called me a bad brother, lol" Rafferty

i've never read the book, or seen the movie. Should i? whats it about, i dont get it?

you should definately see it.
It is about so many things, all of them being life lessons.
Some of the things it is about are:
Being an outcast
Realizing you don't need too 'fit in'
Getting past your fears
Standing up for yourself
People from two differen't backrounds CAN Be friends
Getting through a loss

Saw it yesterday in art.
I'm sorry, but I think it's ridiculous.

I'm just not into that stuff.
I don't find amusement in a girl talking about trolls and Dark MAsters.

I'm just not into that stuff.
I don't find amusement in a girl talking about trolls and Dark MAsters.

I don't think you really 'got' the movie. It wasn't about trolls and dark masters. It was the fact that they were outcasts and were using their imagination to get out of what they hated. And eventually by Leslie showing Jess that he should use his imagination they were able to not only fight their fear in their imagination but fight their fears at school. The 'imaginary creatures' that they created were too resemble the bullies at school. I am so not into things like narnia and such either, I thought I would hate this movie, but I didn't find it to be anything like that.

I luv the movie but i never read the book. i cried so hard at the end. Also Josh Hutersen is like my fave actor. I want the movie of DVD.

I'm sorry, but the inner meaning, means nothing to me.
I don't know, I can't relate to a .. sixth grader? (sorry, I have no idea how old he is) anymore. I've never had a bad bully bother me...
I found the movie was an exagerrated version of school. Come on, no one is that mean.

I'm sorry, but the inner meaning, means nothing to me.
I don't know, I can't relate to a .. sixth grader? (sorry, I have no idea how old he is) anymore. I've never had a bad bully bother me...
I found the movie was an exagerrated version of school. Come on, no one is that mean.

Haven't you ever felt like an outsider? And yes there are people that are THAT mean. But I respect your opinion.

I am an outsider, but it's HIGHLY unlikely that you'd be in a class with 25 other people who are rude, snobby, disgusting and mean.
This movie reminds me of all the exagerrated-ness of school and everything in television and movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter