Bridge to 10k (B210K)

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Looking past C25K has anyone done the B210K?

I think it would be a good transition between the C25K and Hal's half marathon training.

What can you tell me about it? Or what other suggestions do you have for after the C25K?

I am about to embark on it in 2 weeks and from what I hear it is perfect for exactly that - bridging the gap between the 5K and hte Half-Marathon. However, I am striving to look for a 15K training program that I can do before I hit the half. But, every person is different.

Nike also has a nice training program if you can navigate their website.

Good luck!

I just set myself up for a 10K training plan, but I didn't do the C25K plan. This one assumes you can run 2 miles from the start (I'm not sure if the C25K is designed for you to run or run/walk the 5K).

I found one on a website and then changed it to work with my schedule. I took a little running out but added in more cross training and strength.

http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/10Kbeginner.htm

I did an 8K and then a 5K. I didn't officially follow a schedule for the 8K, just tried to run/walk intervals of 4 min each for two weeks and then started running and worked up to running 5 miles once before the race. I want to do a 10K at the end of May so I was going to start training now for it. I'm planning on doing another 10K in October and the Princess Half in March!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter