Bridge between UK and France for Illuminations?

chewbacca

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how crowded this area is before the show? How early should I stake a spot out? Do they even let you Stake a spot?... was thinking they may not like blocking traffic on that bridge. Has anyone tried this?

It it does get quite crowded and personally I don't think it's the best viewing spot. I prefer in front of Japan or Canada.

Just wondering how crowded this area is before the show? How early should I stake a spot out? Do they even let you Stake a spot?... was thinking they may not like blocking traffic on that bridge. Has anyone tried this?

That is one of THE preferred locations and guests do stake out spots there an hour early (or even much longer, depending on various factors.)

It is directly above the premium viewing location where they moor the IllumiNations Cruise boats for the show. (See #6a and #7 on the maps, below.)

Epcot-IntlGate-N_081515_zpsehn3wtxn.jpg

Epcot-WS-GE_040916_zpsdz271kit.jpg

I usually stay somewhere in the Epcot resorts area, so I've often watched from the bridge. It's a quick walk back to the resort from there. I am not one to stake out a spot though. I walk up at the last minute and watch then. I have seen people staking out spots on the railings around an hour or so before though.

I don't think it's a good spot at all, The Rose and Crown blocks a lot of the water view.

We have staked out a spot in the garden area next to Rose and Crown and eaten our Fish and Chips and beer there. It's a pretty good area but again, some things are blocked by the R&C building.

Past Morocco through China is all pretty good, you really don't have to be up against the wall to see enjoy it.

I don't think it's a good spot at all, The Rose and Crown blocks a lot of the water view.

We have staked out a spot in the garden area next to Rose and Crown and eaten our Fish and Chips and beer there. It's a pretty good area but again, some things are blocked by the R&C building.

Always, from ANY location "some things" in IllumiNations can be blocked.
That's because there are flashing miniature lights that accent many of the buildings around the WS Lagoon.
And, no matter where you choose to watch, there will be a few things that can get blocked by buildings and trees.
But, by the same token, there will be many of those effects that can be seen better if they are happening closer
the vantage point YOU have chosen

OTOH, as far as what's happening ON the Lagoon, the UK<>France bridge offers an unobstructed view of anything that is presented on the WS Lagoon in IllumiNations.
R&C does not block a lot of the water view from the bridge.

On the map below, I've shaded in (violet color) the area of the water that is blocked by Rose & Crown.
Nothing in IllumiNations happens in that area of the water.

Ditto, for what's happening ON the Lagoon from the Fish & Chips eating area (green circle on the map.)

The reason that this has special significance is that guests spend upwards of $350
for an "IllumiNations Cruise," just to sit in a pontoon boat (that is moored under that same bridge) to watch the show.
So, it matters to know that any of the area of WS Lagoon that is blocked by Rose & Crown does not contain any part of the IllumiNations water elements.

WS-Bridge_Block.png

Last edited:
We have watched ROE many times from the English Channel Bridge and love it there(R&C does not block the view at all).

Having said that then ULTIMATE experience is if one of the Lower Terraces is not having a Private Party that night and therefore is open to the "Public"(this does happen "relatively" often).

If a Lower Terrace is open try to go early and get a spot RIGHT ON THE RAILING!

It is AWESOME there!:)

I usually stay somewhere in the Epcot resorts area, so I've often watched from the bridge. It's a quick walk back to the resort from there. I am not one to stake out a spot though. I walk up at the last minute and watch then. I have seen people staking out spots on the railings around an hour or so before though.

Ditto. Last trip we ate dinner at Les Chefs then walked out to the bridge 10 min before Illum. started. We were 3 or 4 back from the rail but it didn't matter, we could see just fine. But we have seen it so many times we no longer feel the need to stake out a spot.

The bridge is our favorite place to watch Illuminations —even better than the FP section (since we won’t go to the FP early enough to stake out a spot on the front row.)

In June, we were able to get a front row spot on the bridge two different time half an hour before the show. However, it was pretty uncrowded in June, so you might need extra time in busier seasons. There was no problem from CM’s for waiting there.

DW and I have watched many an Illuminations from the bridge when we were staying at the BWI. Right over top of the Illumination Cruise boats.

Our experience was that it does get crowded. We would typically stake our claim about 30-45 minutes before the show.

For folks staying at one of the Epcot resorts, the bridge makes for an easy exit at the end of the show.

As others have noted, there are a lot of good places to watch Illuminations. And the importance of staying upwind.

Always, from ANY location "some things" in IllumiNations can be blocked.
That's because there are flashing miniature lights that accent many of the buildings around the WS Lagoon.
And, no matter where you choose to watch, there will be a few things that can get blocked by buildings and trees.
But, by the same token, there will be many of those effects that can be seen better if they are happening closer
the vantage point YOU have chosen

OTOH, as far as what's happening ON the Lagoon, the UK<>France bridge offers an unobstructed view of anything that is presented on the WS Lagoon in IllumiNations.
R&C does not block a lot of the water view from the bridge.

On the map below, I've shaded in (violet color) the area of the water that is blocked by Rose & Crown.
Nothing in IllumiNations happens in that area of the water.

Ditto, for what's happening ON the Lagoon from the Fish & Chips eating area (green circle on the map.)

The reason that this has special significance is that guests spend upwards of $350
for an "IllumiNations Cruise," just to sit in a pontoon boat (that is moored under that same bridge) to watch the show.
So, it matters to know that any of the area of WS Lagoon that is blocked by Rose & Crown does not contain any part of the IllumiNations water elements.

View attachment 303997
Oops, my bad. It's how it always felt to me. I'm probably thinking back also to the time when the buildings in World Showcase were a big part of the show. Standing on that bridge made it pretty impossible to see the UK or Canada for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter