Bridezilla email and Bridesmaid response!

I just can't get past the bad grammar and spelling to even concentrate on the lunacy. I think my favorite was making sure you get back to her withing 24 hours. She's a winner...

She's an immature idiot. I can't imagine that marriage lasting more than a year or so.

This woman is crazy. There is just no other way around it. Narcissistic, egomaniac and insulting. How in the world she is even close enough to 10 woman that she would consider them close enough to be bridesmaids just amazes me. Of course, they are probably just as materialistic and shallow as she sounds. I have noticed that these types tend to run in packs. Kind of like feral dogs.

I was thinking that she and the groom must have 10 sisters/girl cousins between them. Great way to start off with a new family. Talk about sense of entitlement!!!!

My reply would be if I was attending,

Now that I have accepted to be your Bridesmaid, I will not be able to afford a gift for you and the groom as I spent all my money in flights and party's , so you should feel honored I attended all that.

In reality my reply would be, I feel so honored as not to be your bridesmaid, nor attend your wedding. So Thank You for letting me save all that money for my special day.

And something tells me there's some tensions between her and her MIL-to-be. This chick wouldn't last a second with my MIL.

Who in their right mind has 10 parties prior to a wedding?!? Unreal! I could barely think to leave the house! I was lucky to have my DW to ask me to be a bigger part in decision making and it was planned in 7 months everything went smoothly and it was a 200+ people wedding. Engagement party, shower, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and wedding DONE! And honestly the engagement party can go.

If tou cant make it to each party your out?!? Haha. If you have a problem affording it we don't want to hear or deal with it! Ha! Unbelievable

This woman is crazy. There is just no other way around it. Narcissistic, egomaniac and insulting. How in the world she is even close enough to 10 woman that she would consider them close enough to be bridesmaids just amazes me. Of course, they are probably just as materialistic and shallow as she sounds. I have noticed that these types tend to run in packs. Kind of like feral dogs.

I know someone who behaved just like this. All of her friends were exactly the same. They all got engaged within 1 year of each other, spent 2 years planning their weddings, and jockeyed for the position of last wedding date (so as to be able to see what the other women did and have the chance to top it). Everything in life revolved around these weddings and the planning for it. NOTHING was allowed to get in the way of the wedding, including the accidental (and therefore unexpected and shocking) death of a groom's father shortly before the wedding date. The wedding had to go on!

As for their husbands... Well, they couldn't say they didn't have a warning or two thousand about their wives. But truthfully, none of them seemed to blink an eye at the behavior, they seemed to view it as normal. They all seemed to view their fiancees/wives with this sort of indulgent, patronizing, inevitable attitude. Like patting a spoiled child on the head and giving them the ice cream cone they've been whining about, because well, kids will be kids and what can you do, gotta love 'em, right?

Who in their right mind has 10 parties prior to a wedding?!? Unreal! I could barely think to leave the house! I was lucky to have my DW to ask me to be a bigger part in decision making and it was planned in 7 months everything went smoothly and it was a 200+ people wedding. Engagement party, shower, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and wedding DONE! And honestly the engagement party can go.

If tou cant make it to each party your out?!? Haha. If you have a problem affording it we don't want to hear or deal with it! Ha! Unbelievable

She's not saying she's having 10 parties. In that part she's trying to say that at the parties she expects there to be 10 bridesmaids, not 8. Her grammar is so atrocious.

Ah my mistake- I misread. I almost felt offended for her bridesmaids, or at least what would be left of them.

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing about a follow up. Some one call TLC right now because I would love to see it. :rotfl2:I feel sorry for the groom though. He better run away from this one fast!

I think TLC, WE, Style Networks & all their Bridal shows are partly to blame for this nonsense. The crazier, the more obnoxious the better on their shows. They don't show anyone with class or grace. No wonder brides think this behavior is acceptable. :rolleyes2

I think TLC, WE, Style Networks & all their Bridal shows are partly to blame for this nonsense. The crazier, the more obnoxious the better on their shows. They don't show anyone with class or grace. No wonder brides think this behavior is acceptable. :rolleyes2

No kidding. I saw one episode on Say Yes to the Dress where this bride keep screeching "it's my day, it's my day" while the bridesmaids looked on. It all stemmed from the fact that several of the bridesmaids couldn't afford an expensive dress and the bride flipped out. It was so insensitive, rude and crass. I wouldn't have dreamed of treating my bridesmaids (who were my closest friends!) so shabbily.

That letter is just too much. I'd decline being in that dragon bride's wedding. And I'd do it in a crisp, business like email. Something to the effect of....

"Dear Bride,

I really must decline the precious honor of partaking in your wedding. You see, I have several OTHER friends who would like me to be in their weddings and frankly, yours didn't make the cut. I have a strict set of guidelines when considering becoming someone's bridesmaid. They do not include being demeaned in a poorly written business email that demands 100% of my time from February to August. Sorry. Good luck to your future husband, I hope he read the contract BEFORE he decided to accept the HONOR of being your groom.

PS, could you please respond to this email within two minutes of receiving? I'm sure you have your cell phone on you so really, there's no excuse not to. Thanks!"

I saw that lunacy the other day.

Her self-absorbtion and snotty little demands are bad enough, but the atrocious grammar and spelling are the cherry on top of the delusional sundae. If you can't use the correct 'role,' you're not high class.

:rotfl2: My thoughts exactly. I was so distracted by her horrible grammar, it was hard to get through the meat of the email. Methinks she should pare down the wedding and use the money to take English Comp 101.

Oh, and the rest of it? "Dear former bestest friend, You are an arrogant @$$ if you think I'm going to give up 6months of my life to wait on you hand and foot. There is not enough money in the Federal Treasury to induce me to participate in your Bridal Gorge-fest. I sincerely hope you enjoy yourself. Count me out.

PS--please take me off the invitation list.
PPS--and your Christmas card list
PPPS--and your cell phone.

A simple "I am pleased to decline your invitation to be a birdesmaid. I am also pleased in advance to decline your invitation to be a guest".

Friends like this, I don't need.

WHAT!!!! :eek: Are you kidding? Then she wouldn't have people to fawn all over her and make her the center of attention! How dare you try to rain on her parade.
Ah my mistake- I misread. I almost felt offended for her bridesmaids, or at least what would be left of them.
I think we all misread parts of that letter. It was so poorly written, it's almost inevitable.

I would love to know more of this story. How many of them declined the "honor" and if she really is this much of a self-centered witch in real live. I hope she never finds out who the bridesmaid is that put that letter on the internet. :eek:

Someone like this bride would not have lasted five seconds in my life. How on earth do people tolerate this nonsense?

I would love to know more of this story. How many of them declined the "honor" and if she really is this much of a self-centered witch in real live. I hope she never finds out who the bridesmaid is that put that letter on the internet. :eek:

My guess is the bridesmaid forwarded the letter to either future MIL or the groom and THEY did it. :stir:

Was this posted yet? If not what do you feel about it. I will post a reply that another paper posted to help the bridesmaids.

To m lovely Bridesmaid: [Names removed to protect the brideslaves]

As you all know I picked 10 wonderful ladies to stand by my side, share and make happen my special day to Jake. Each of you individually have a reason and a special place in my heart of why I picked you to be a bridesmaid. We have set our date for Saturday, August 31, 2013 in Vail, Colorado. That seems far away but it really isn't, the earlier the planning the better. You may have already knew that my wonderful sister L— will be the Maid of Honor, she's in charge under me. Also my lovely mom will be a big help as well. L— has a big role in throwing me a bridal shower and bachelorette party, of course all of you guys do but at the end of the day shes the go to person and makes it happen.

You all have a big roll in this wedding, so before we continue I'm going to be setting some ground rules and its very important you read and think about everything through before you accept this honor to be a bridesmaid. If you guys email anything I would also like you to put L— in the CC. Not all the bridesmaid need to be CC'd unless its coming from me or L—, if it something everyone needs to see then well do it. We set the date to August 31, 2013 if that's a problem we need to know NOW. Also by the end of the week we will be setting dates for the engagement party, bridal show and bachelorette party.

Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties, I have 10 not 8 where two couldn't make it so if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you'll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect. But it's different if your not in the wedding party and couldn't make it. We'll give everyone well advance dates for the parties and it will always fall on a weekend. The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I've never been.

A few girls live out of town so if there is going to be a problem with coming to either one then I need to know now because after this week I don't want to be surprised. I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don't care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. Also if money is tight and you cant afford to contribute to say the bachelorette party or wont be able to afford a dress etc then L— and Myself don't have time to deal with that, I'm sorry. This includes flights as well, everyone knows the states where the parties are going to be held so if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid. Obviously we'll get the best deals and were not gonna books flights for $1000 and **** that's why were doing this in advance, that goes for bridesmaids dresses as well everything will be affordable but if you think by affordable its going to be a $25 forever 21 dress then your going to the wrong wedding.

If your out of state though don't think you have to fly in for all fittings, that we will work with you, find stores in your town, get measurements..you don't have to worry about that. Also if you accept this honor another thing is that you need to be available, I'm not going to harass you with wedding stuff every hour of everyday but if its something important and it takes you a week even 2-3 days to get back to me seeeee ya! I don't have time to wait around for responses, everyone has their phone on them, it shouldn't take you more than a day to get back to me, even if your out of the country, check your email!

Furthermore, Ever since I could remember I have dreamed about this day all my life. I want to share it with the people that are most important to me. You only get one time to plan your dream wedding and I couldn't pick a more amazing group of girls to make that dream come true! So please, what's stated above think about it all and by Wednesday I need to know if everyone is 100% in, and what I have asked about sending me dates if your gonna be away between Feb-Aug ill need that on Wednesday. If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest. If you want to get back to me before Wednesday, that's fine. Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!

Love,

Source: http://gawker.com/5948725/reasons-why-you-cannot-be-a-bridesmaid

I would love to see what would happen if one of those TEN bridesmaids gets pregnant between now and the wedding! I bet she'd fire them for being too fat for the pictures. :lmao:

I would love to see what would happen if one of those TEN bridesmaids gets pregnant between now and the wedding! I bet she'd fire them for being too fat for the pictures. :lmao:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. In all of that, she didn't list the "penalty" for agreeing to this foolishness and then getting pregnant, sick, having a relative die, or any of the other things that happen in life that could make someone miss a party or the wedding. Are there fines? Demerits? Are you sent off to bridesmaid jail?

Count on it. I remember a Carolyn Hax column from a couple years back where the bride fired one of the bridesmaids because she was too fat and would have 'ruined the pictures'. I think most of the attendants dropped out after that one.

I am astounded by the responses by everyone. Clearly no one here has ever had a wedding. The wedding is nothing short of a royal parade with the grand queen herself (the bride) as the big finale. This is the one day in a girl's life where it is all about her. Her friends should be thrilled that she bestowed such an honor on them that they, too, will get to be in the royal parade with her. And of course there are ranks. There are ranks in a royal family, as well. Clearly the bride is the queen. That makes the mother the Queen Mother - no longer really having any rank, but she has been there before so you take her advice. The Maid of Honor is like the little sister to the queen. She isn't queen, but she might be one day. Clearly she is next in charge. Then, of course you rank your bridesmaids. How else do you determine the order that they will walk down the aisle? The lowest, or "private", if you will will of course go first - just like in a battle. Personally, I handed out special medals to each of my bridesmaids so that they knew their rank early on.

And of course they need to be at every single one of the parties. They have had royal titles bestowed upon them and must live up to these titles. They must show how much they adore the bride and be at her side all the time. The only time they should ever leave her is if her majesty needs a drink or something to eat - though they must examine all food and drink for hidden calories. If the bride gains weight, it is the sole responsibility of each bridesmaid to gain the same amount so that they are all proportional in photos.

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter