Breast Cancer Scare - Pixie Dust and Prayers please*** Updated*** news not good

wdw4us

DIS Veteran
I know there has been a lot of sad news here lately but I could use some prayers. My co workers - 4 of us have been going to WDW in October for the past 2 years. 4 girls who shop, eat, and enjoy the parks. Not husbands, no kids. What a blast we have!

One of my fellow Disney Chicks has been having a bit of worry. She found a lump on her breast a few weeks ago. She went for a biopsy on Monday and finally got a hold of a nurse last night. Dr. was in surgery all day yesterday.

Nurse said – Dr. wants to see you – we all are thinking the worst. At 4:15 today could you keep my friend Karen in your thoughts amd prayers.

We’re scheduled to go back to WDW in early October – just the four of us but we may postpone. None of us cares about that now, we want our friend to be OK.

Thanks

denise

***She emailed me from home. She has breast cancer and it's the fast growing kind. She will have a masectomy and chemo. We are devasted by the news. This girl is the picture of health, a single mom of a 15yo. She works out, runs in 5K races, eats the best diet. I have sat at my desk and cried for my fellow Disney Chick.

She has a wonderful large family a GREAT boyfriend. If support means something, she will come through this with flying colors.

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns.

denise

Your friend is in my prayers, Denise. If it is something, certainly good she discovered it and followed up on it. Please update us when you can.

Just went through this myself last week. I will say a prayer for your friend for a positive outcome.

I'll keep a good thought for your friend, Denise.....

I'll keep your friend in my prayers.

I had the same scare this year too, (the doctor wanted to see me back ASAP) it was benign!....I hope that the results are the same for your friend and you all get to go on your trip and have a GREAT time.
I'll be waiting for an update.

I'll keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh Denise. I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully if the doctor will give her good news. :)

Support, and an excellent mental attitude, are both most helpful to a recovery, Denise. My prayers will continue for your friend, Karen, along with all those who are similarly hurting. {{Hugs}}

Denise, I am sorry you friend is going through this. I'm glad she's got family and friends that care about her though.
Prayers and pixie dust are on the way for her, and you too.

Originally posted by wdw4us
***She emailed me from home. She has breast cancer and it's the fast growing kind. She will have a masectomy and chemo. We are devasted by the news. This girl is the picture of health, a single mom of a 15yo. She works out, runs in 5K races, eats the best diet. I have sat at my desk and cried for my fellow Disney Chick.
:( I'm so sorry.:( I've heard most of the time it's not how you take care of yourself, it's the genetics (that bothers me, my paternal g'mother had breast cancer).

{{hugs}} to your fellow Disney Chick. Please keep us updated.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers....please keep us updated :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter