Breaking News - Accident at Animal Kingdom

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone. I hope everyone involved is okay. That is a such a horrible thing to happen to those guests.

I sure hope the injuries are very minor...this is awful. This is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, I don't want to imagine bad things happening there. So sad.

They just showed an aerial shot and said the injuries were minor.

It's not on the MSNBC web site yet - hopefully it won't get blown all out of proportion. According to the WESH news report, it didn't sound that bad, not like the original news statement at the beginning of this thread.

I'm a little disappointed that it was reported here as "red with blood" - I think that's as out of proportion as it can get!

I'm a little disappointed that it was reported here as "red with blood" - I think that's as out of proportion as it can get!

The quote came from a supposed witness reported on http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/article_001492.htm - not the poster's fault.

That said, all of the injuries are reported as being minor. Five of the six victims are seeing doctors to make sure they are okay. No one apparently being hospitalized or anything else. Reports are that the raft either tipped or listed.

Oh? Before the hour is up I'm sure they'll add that "hundreds were drowned" or "thousands of raft riders were severely burned by spewing oil at the simulated logging site." I guess I'd better shut up - that's how rumors get started. I just hope nobody is seriously injured.

Hi Folks

Just an FYI - the info Pete posted was from a Cast Member directly involved in assisting the injured. We have been asked not to report his/her name but this was what we were told this morning.

I have been watching MSNBC and the local news and they are reporting 6 people injured with 'minor' injuries but 5 were taken to the hospital.

We will keep you posted as we hear more.

John

You aren't kidding!

I was reading it aloud to my DD10 and didn't have my editor turned on :-)headache: on myself) but I told her I'm sure it wasn't quite that bad (praying) and that the writer didn't learn good reporting skills.
:mad:

Wait and see, and god-forbid even if it is that bad...do you have to be so friggin graphic???

~~~~
sending out the best I've got that these folks will be o.k.

Just an FYI - the info Pete posted was from a Cast Member directly involved in assisting the injured. We have been asked not to report his/her name but this was what we were told this morning.

Reguardless of who said it, personally I wouldn't have posted the statement "red with blood" until I knew further details. It paints a pretty grusome image in my mind.

Here's a link to the WESH video page. You can click on the link on the right and see the aerial video from the news helicopter. It shows the ride closed down (rafts not moving), and people walking around. The park doesn't look like it's very crowded today. Perhaps they are evacuating, or not letting anyone in until things settle down.
http://www.wesh.com/video/13405835/index.html

Reguardless of who said it, personally I wouldn't have posted the statement "red with blood" until I knew further details. It paints a pretty grusome image in my mind.

A bad bloody nose can produce a lot of blood. "Red with blood" can be an accurate description, even if most of the injuries turned out to be minor.

The fact that the apparent injuries were enough to justify sending a handful of guests to the hospital isn't good, even if those injuries turn out to be minor.

DIS posted a quote from an eyewitness. I have no problem with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter