Breaking all my rules - Spring Break trip

Dis703

DIS Veteran
I'm getting a little nervous about my short trip coming up the weekend before Easter. Somehow I hadn't thought it would be part of their Easter week and assumed that would be the week after that would be crazy. Guess not given that most parks are predicted to be a 10 the Sunday and Monday we are there.

They don't get to closures that weekend before do they? We have APs but are staying offsite for the first time in ages because the price was just way to much to justify, even for a value.

So since I don't normally go during busy times I'm wondering when it gets to a crowd level 9/10 are all the parks equally as bad or is one easier to manage at high crowd levels than others?

Any other crowd strategies for the busiest days at specific parks that might be helpful? Mostly thinking it will be MK, Epcot and AK for this trip. We have a car at least to come and go as we please or change parks so if something seems to be too crazy we may just try to head to another park. FP selections weren't great, but I have a DAS I can use as needed for some of the crazier waits.

I suppose I'll need to just go with the flow and not be too concerned if we end up missing some things. I'll still be thrilled to be there!

I think MK is best when all the parks are really crowded. There are soo many attractions compared to other parks that FP+ are still relatively easy to obtain. Just avoid the little walkway in between Peter Pan and It's a Small World!
Have a great trip!

On the contrary i believe MK is the worst when it's crowded. We were there Monday and wait for pirates and small world were both over 60 minutes. Other parks were crowded but MK always seems to be the worst

Disability accesss service.

Ah....okay. Thank you! My colleague who was in Disney this week mentioned he had one for his neice and said I should ask for it because of my knees. I was like....huh? I thought to myself, that's not a disability, that's not taking care of myself physically and exercising properly. That HAS changed however. I'm due to go for my 20-30 minute walk today and another tomorrow. I try to do that amount of time 3 days a week. I'm going to try to reach 4 days a week by mid April. I'm down 11 pounds prior to walking, and my goal was to lose 20 before our June trip...think I'm going to make it!

I'm getting a little nervous about my short trip coming up the weekend before Easter. Somehow I hadn't thought it would be part of their Easter week and assumed that would be the week after that would be crazy. Guess not given that most parks are predicted to be a 10 the Sunday and Monday we are there.

They don't get to closures that weekend before do they? We have APs but are staying offsite for the first time in ages because the price was just way to much to justify, even for a value.

So since I don't normally go during busy times I'm wondering when it gets to a crowd level 9/10 are all the parks equally as bad or is one easier to manage at high crowd levels than others?

Any other crowd strategies for the busiest days at specific parks that might be helpful? Mostly thinking it will be MK, Epcot and AK for this trip. We have a car at least to come and go as we please or change parks so if something seems to be too crazy we may just try to head to another park. FP selections weren't great, but I have a DAS I can use as needed for some of the crazier waits.

I suppose I'll need to just go with the flow and not be too concerned if we end up missing some things. I'll still be thrilled to be there!
The park should not close but I would get there as early as you can this is when it is least crowded. Rop drop is your friend. Since you have an AP I guess you will be going again if there is something you do not do just tell your self next time. This trip might be more about show and other thing then the big rides

Not sure what your disability is but if there are things you can do to help along with what Disney provides most people find this very helpful. You can stop over at the disability form on here too if you need ideas.

Ah....okay. Thank you! My colleague who was in Disney this week mentioned he had one for his neice and said I should ask for it because of my knees. I was like....huh? I thought to myself, that's not a disability, that's not taking care of myself physically and exercising properly. That HAS changed however. I'm due to go for my 20-30 minute walk today and another tomorrow. I try to do that amount of time 3 days a week. I'm going to try to reach 4 days a week by mid April. I'm down 11 pounds prior to walking, and my goal was to lose 20 before our June trip...think I'm going to make it!
It is not for mobility problems if you only problem is mobility then Disney will suggest a mobility device. Even if you do not use one in everyday life you might find you need one at Disney I would look up off site vender Incase you need something. And good luck on the walking and congrats on losing the weight that is wonderful

Like I said to the PP check out the disability part of this board their are some great people over there that more then likely someone is dealing with the same or very similar problem as you and can give you some great tips on marking Disney work for you better.

MK is by far the worst park when busy due to it having one of the smallest footprints and narrow pathways. We've been to Disney on Spring Break, crowd level 10, several times. Other parks were manageable when busy as the pathways are wider, and we could always duck into a show or meal. MK more so a nightmare when it's a level 10. Several times when we couldn't even walk, let alone get on rides. I would avoid it on the Sunday and Monday.

Great job!!! Keep at it! You’ll feel so much better for your trip!! :)

I know I’ve been at AK and MK on 10s, I need to look back at the other crowds last week to see if I’ve done the others. I agree that while moving around MK is really hard with that crowd level, it is also the easiest place to get same day FPs, so you will always be able to have something to do. It kind of depends on what your priorities are—if it’s rides, I’d say MK. Epcot is probably easiest for moving around and soaking up atmosphere, although the shops get crowded and food stand lines get long. DHS seems to be a bit quieter first thing (outside of TSL), I assume because many people are heading for shows that don’t run right at rope drop, but then it can get crowded too.

CL 10 means it’s going to be hard to move around, but still possible to have fun. Arrive early and/or stay late, have a good plan, use your FPs wisely, and it can still be enjoyed.

I've never been to WDW on a 9 or 10 but have been to DL at xmas time which I think was a 9 the days we were there. Our strategy was to be there for rope drop/EE (I think it was 7am) doing as many walk on in the first hour as possible then FP and walk on. By 10:30 or 11am the park was shoulder to shoulder crowds so we'd do an 11 or 11:30 AM ADR for lunch, schedule an additional FP for 6pm, then do some shopping and back to the hotel, returning back to the park around 6 or 7pm for the FP (having a QS meal off site or at the park on the way back in). Had a great time even though our park time was limited. We just had set expectations that we'd go with the flow and not expect to do a ton of rides after the morning rush.

I’m here now and it’s really crowded. MK on Wednesday was the worst. We could barely walk through Fantasyland and many of the FP+ lines were very long. EP was manageable yesterday. AK was quite crowded today. FoP is currently at about 4 hours for standby. The only park with some good FP+ available for the rest of the day is MK. Traffic getting through the park toll booths is quite long so you may want to consider Disney Transportation when you can to hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter