breakfast or lunch with Pooh?

kelma

Mouseketeer
We are plannning on a Character meal at the Crystal Palace and see that the prices are almost identical for breakfast and lunch. Anybody have any ideas on which might be better? TIA

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

We eat breakfast at our timeshare, so I can't comment on that but we did lunch twice this year.

Each time I thought the food was consistent. Not spectacular but very good for a buffet. We like to hit the park early and take an early lunch before noon. Its a good break and DDs love Pooh. I think it is a good value for our family and you won't go wrong.

Another tip we discovered if you want to see the Pooh characters. When we were there in late October we went to Mickey's Toontown right at 10:00am when it opened. At the barn they have 3 lines for characters. We lined up for Tigger, Pooh and Eyore and there was no one else in our line. My DDs got to spend about 15 minutes playing with the characters before anyone else showed up!!! It was a great time with great photos ($$$), but worth a shot if you are interested.

David

We will definitely make to see Pooh and friends. Thanks for the tip, my little ones will be so excited!

Thanks! Kellam

We had a great time at the Crystal Palace for lunch. The food was very good. My husband especially liked the salmon. He had 2 huge pieces. My DS4 loved getting Pooh, Tigger, Eeyor and Piglets autographs and pictures taken with them. I would definately do it again.

I was weighing the lunch or breakfast question too, my DS is a Pooh fanatic suddenly. Here is why I chose breakfast, I got a PS for as early as possible so essentially 8:05 am - that way we get to go into the park early, walk down Main Street with very little traffic - I loved doing this last trip for CRT. We get a hearty breakfast and then can go right through lunch with just snacks. I also snag some food for the proverbial doggie bag and that keeps us going too without having to resort to a Turkey Leg :crazy2: (I know most people love these - but I definately had a bad experience with one).

thanks all! Castlegazer, I'd love to hear more about that bad turkey leg experience. Sounds intriguing;) Both breakfast and lunch sound good. I wish Disney would release their hours for Feb. An early entrance might help me decide. Hmmm, maybe I should make ressies for both.

Although we have never done breakfast at CP, we do lunch every trip. It is wonderful. Our tip is to get the earliest lunch time, 11:30, I believe. We usually check in early also and then get one of the first seatings.

In our experience - We did several character breakfasts this past trip (with 6yoDD and 3yoDS). In the futue, we will eat most breakfasts in the room and go big with lunch and dinner. Our kids just aren't awake yet and aren't big breakfast eaters so we never get our money's worth out of the breakfast buffets.

I would pick the time when your family is at their best - some people do mornings better than we do - so you have the most fun possible. Have FUN!!

Hard choice. Both meals are good, but I'm not big on breakfast foods so I enjoy the lunch menu a bit more. For me it would depend on what other meals we had planned. If I had some other breakfast planned I'd probably go for lunch instead.
Donalds Breakfastosaurus is a must do for us, and with DD CRT is also a must do. So if I had those 2 planned I'd do lunch at CP instead. If not I would likely do breakfast

Thanks everyone! You guys have helped me think it through so much. We already have a Cindy's ressie for breakfast and since we plan on doing cheaper meals all day, a midday filling meal would probably be best for us - so lunch it is!

Originally posted by kelma
thanks all! Castlegazer, I'd love to hear more about that bad turkey leg experience. Sounds intriguing;)

No, this is definately not a story you want to hear. Its not like I got a Turkey Leg who had a tattoo with the words "Born to be Bad" stamped on it. Lets just leave it at the fact that I have never been more familiar with MK bathrooms than I was this day. And it was definately the Turkey Leg as my DH had the same reaction. Ooo, that was a terrible day.

:goodvibes Have a Great Lunch!

We've done both breakfast and lunch at Crystal Palace and have been happy with both. We always try for the last breakfast seating on Early Entry day. Have a brunch then immediately leave the MK as we've already done most rides. THis is a great plan. If you are still inside as they switch the buffet over to lunch items you can sample those as well as breakfast!
Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter