• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast or Lunch at Goofy's Kitchen?

Misskitty3

DIS Veteran
With our trip package we get one meal at Goofy's Kitchen. I believe Goofys is open until 2pm serving brunch - is that right? If so, is the meal the same for morning and afternoon?

it is....we do the dinner because if Im going to do a character breakfast anywhere it will be at the Plaza Inn...they have a good breakfast :cool1:

We're doing a Goofy's Kitchen dinner also, because we're doing the Lilo & Stitch breakfast another day. :sunny:

I have a question about goofys kitchen... do the characters come out for each meal or is it only at certain parts of the day? I wouldnt want to go pay for goofy's kitchen to find no characters there at that time.

If GK is open, then you will see characters.

The hours vary by season. When I went in early June, just before the summer rush, GK closed by noon and reopened about 5. Other times, it has been open until 2.

I personally prefer late brunch (like after noon if possible) or very early dinner. The brunch selections are more extensive than the other breakfast buffets (much more than just breakfast meats and eggs), and its not as expensive as dinner. Unless you go early for dinner, it can get very hectic and can take quite awhile for all the characters to get to your table at dinnertime. I've always had very good character interaction and flow at lunchtime. I personnally do not generally like to go for breakfast. Mornings are the best times to be in the parks before the big crowds hit, so I don't want to spend prime park time eating. Besides, I'm more likely to eat my money's worth a bit later in the day.

Question.. when i go to GK for the Dinner.. is it a buffet or a order off the menu type thing?

I just ate at Goofy's Kitchen last week and the Dinner buffet was awesome, much better than we were expecting.

They have a grown-up food section where there was Prime Rib (which my husband loved and was his favorite thing to eat all of the trip), Chicken, a seafood dish, garlic mashed potatoes, stir-fry, steamed veggies.

There is a salad section that had something like 5 or more different salads (didn't quite make it to this table :blush: )

There is a children's section which had 3 kinds of pizza (cheese, pepperoni, hawaiian), macaroni & cheese, chicken fingers, peanut butter pizza. I think there is more but I can't remember.

There were so many desserts, lots of fresh fruit (dinosaur plums, peaches, watermelon, canteloupe). There was chocolate cake, bread pudding, eclairs, jello, worms&dirt, build your own sundae, plus lots of other little things that I can't remember.

Character interaction was pretty good. We had Goofy come by our table a couple of times, we had Chip & Dale, the Fairy Godmother, Merlin, Wendy from Peter Pan. Minnie & Pluto were at the front of the restaurant doing pictures. All of the characters seemed to have a sense of humour, especially Chip & Dale who had our group laughing pretty hard.

There were 19 of us in our group for dinner and everyone was really impressed with their meals and enjoyed it a whole lot.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents in case anyone was unsure of dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter