breakfast decision-help

meredith1

DIS Veteran
We are staying at BLT and on the DxDP. Where would be a convenient place be to get breakfast on our DHS day? We are very much early morning people and want to be at rope drop this day...This will be our second trip so, I'm not sure what is on the way or if there is anything to eat at the park-perhaps prior to park opening?

We are staying at BLT and on the DxDP. Where would be a convenient place be to get breakfast on our DHS day? We are very much early morning people and want to be at rope drop this day...This will be our second trip so, I'm not sure what is on the way or if there is anything to eat at the park-perhaps prior to park opening?

I don't know about the ages, but Hollywood and Vine has a good breakfast buffet with characters. You could schedule it before park opening, get in early and take a few empty street pictures!

Or you could just grab an early breakfast in the resort and head over early and wait for RD.

My parents always go to Hollywood and Vine even though its just 2 adults and they know none of the Disney Jr characters, solely so they can get in the park prior to rope drop. If you don't mind the character meals then book H&V.

I had a similar question a while back when my family and I were deciding whether or not to choose the Deluxe Dining plan. Everyone on the DisBoards recommended that we choose restaurants located inside the parks when on the Deluxe plan. Many people said that since most people choose table service meals to get the full benefit of the Deluxe plan, you will find that you are spending quite a bit of your time eating. If you plan meals at resorts, rather than inside the park where you plan to be that day, you spend even more time traveling, which cuts down on your "play" time in the parks.

With all of that being said, I would agree with the above posters that recommended Hollywood & Vine for your breakfast on the day you plan to be at Hollywood Studios. You can schedule a very early reservation, since you are early risers, and you will get the added benefit of seeing the park before it's overwhelmed with crowds. :thumbsup2

Good luck with your planning! Sorting out all of your meals when on the Deluxe plan is a daunting task! It took me several weeks!

Have a yummy trip! :banana:

I also recommend H&V, particularly with the ages of OP's children. We ate there for breakfast twice this year - in April and October. The food is fine, little ones may really enjoy the characters and the CMs are really cheerful. Our 5-year-old really liked the atmosphere and characters, and our older boys initially liked the idea of getting into the park early.

Just a planning note, based on our experience in October. We had a 8am ADR for a posted 9am opening. At the time, there was no "rope drop" at DHS and they let guests through the gate gradually. I think they let guests in at least 20 minutes before opening, from what I could see out the H&V window. I read about this before our trip, but was surprised by the significant impact on our plans. When we were finished with breakfast (before 9am "opening") there were tons of guests already in the park and the standby line for TSM was really long. That had a ripple effect on our plan for the morning. In the end, our early H&V ADR worked against us, given the opening procedures at the time. I'm not sure how DHS is currently operating at opening time, but that's something to watch if the purpose of your ADR is to get going early!

I'm going to go against the grain and say you should eat at the Wave. The breakfast buffet is really yummy and you could do a really early ADR and be on a bus to DHS by about 8. Just a thought.

Thanks everyone! I'll check out H&V. We have eaten at The Wave and like it a lot. I need to find out where H&V actually is. If we did that perhaps, someone could run and get FP for TSM. Thank You!!!!!

Another option is to just grab some snack credit items (danish, croissant, muffin) for breakfast from the grab and go area and then have an early lunch followed by a 2 credit TS dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter