• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast casserole receipes

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any receipes for breakfast casseroles? Maybe using the shredded potatoes?

Thanks in advance.

I will bet you could add shredded potatoes to this.
Hope this helps.

SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE

INGREDIENTS:
1 Pound bulk pork sausage
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard (I just use yellow mustard)
6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cues, cheese and sausage. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.

Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Yield: 8-10 servings.

I have this hash brown casserole (not really a breakfast casserole as it doesn't have eggs or breakfast meat). This recipe is really good...kids like it and you can serve it with eggs and bacon.

32 oz. frozen hash browns
1/2 C. chopped onion
1 stick melted butter
1 & 1/2 C. sharp cheddar, grated....save 1/2 C. for topping
8 oz. sour cream
can cream of celery or mushroom soup
salt/pepper to taste

Mix all and spread in greased 13 X 9 casserole. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.:)

I got this one here on the boards before Christmas and made it with the biscuits as directed, but then made it a couple of weeks later using the shredded potatoes. I did heat the potatoes through in a pan (I have Circulon, so I just sprayed it with a little olive oil.) Unfortunately, I didn't write down how many I used. Oh - and I didn't have crescent rolls like I thought - they turned out to be Buttermilk Grands. I had to squash them pretty good to make them fit in the pan, but they were really good! I made this the day before I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.

Breakfast Casserole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

1 Can crescent rolls (or shredded potatoes)
1 Roll sausage (use any flavor sausage, maple is very good)
2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 Eggs
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Spread crescent rolls in 9x12 pan
Fry sausage and drain, crumble and put on top of rolls
Sprinkle cheese over sausage
Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper
Pour egg mixture over cheese

Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes or until firm

Here's mine that seems to a favorite with everyone who has eaten it. (But no potatoes.) I fix a half recipe for DH and I. But below is the full recipe. I brown the onion in my sausage and don't use as much. I have also used lean sausage and lower fat cheese. Works fine; less greasy. (But DH likes the full greasy version better. ;) ) Good stuff either way! :)

6 eggs
2 cans of cream of celery soup
4 cups of Rice Krispies
1 1/2 lb bulk sausage
1 medium onion
2 sticks of Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups cooked rice

Brown and drain sausage.
Brown onion.
Mix together egg and cream of celery soup.
In a large baking dish, layer:
*Rice Krispies
*Sausage
*Onion
*Rice
*Cheese
Pour egg mixture over the layers.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 min - one hour.
Can be prepared, baked and frozen.

I was going to post my favorite recipe, but Gail already did. I love that one, and it's really easy to make.

Kermit,
I have never had it and just got the recipe from my daughter yesterday, but, you KNOW I will be making it for Sunday brunch this week. :) That and Mimosas should be wonderful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter