Breakfast Buffet at Cape May Cafe

Barb0829

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Disney the first week in May w/ our 2 year old daughter. We are staying at the Boardwalk & thinking of doing the character breakfast at the Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club.

Has anyone done the one & what are your thoughts?

TIA

We've done it several times and have really enjoyed it. It is less hectic than some of the others and the character interaction is great. They are dressed in old fashioned swimming attire. The buffet is great with loads of selections, even lots of fresh fruit.

We also love the Cape May breakfast. It's not crowded and you get a lot of character time. My mom wants me to take her again when we go in August!:)

We were just there this past Sat. on the day we were leaving. We got there around 10:15, after we had finished our packing, and there were a lot of empty tables by this time. We didn't know it was a character breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. Chip and Dale, Goofy and Minnie were there all in beach attire, and because the restaruant by this time was somewhat empty spent a lot of time at each table and kept returning. They were a lot of fun. The food was very good too. There were a lot of hot and cold choices. DS's usually pick one or two things from a breakrfast buffet, but here they tried a lot of different things. Their favorite was the giant cinnamon buns. DH's and my favorite was a cheese blintz with some sort of vanilla sauce. I would definately recommend it.

Cape May Breakfast -

Good morning Barb0829,
We had breakfast there last July and enjoyed the atmosphere, the characters and the food. We were also very fortunate to have had Dorothy as a server and she was one of the best we have ever experienced - just enjoyed her job so much.
There is also a clambake here at dinner which we thoughy was also excellent. Have fun!! Bob

We love the Cape May breakfast, and make it a point to go once on every trip.

Like everyone else has said, the food is good and fresh, and the character interaction is always great - we have never felt rushed.

I also like that it is a little calmer and quieter there. What do you know, breakfast in the World can actually be relaxing! If you are looking for a little quiet with your character meal, get a PS for later in the morning.

Enjoy! Nicole

This is not my favorite character breakfast. The choices are okay, not great. Also the plates were not warmed up, so our food got cold fast (maybe it was just an off day or their plate warmers were not working :confused: )

But I would probably go again. The dinner there however, is fabulous!!! We try to go for that every trip. Yummy!

Welcome to the boards Barb0829!
:wave2:

I am undecided whether to stay there or at Ohanas for CH breakfast. In general I try to avoid PS @ CH breakfasts as my family are not morning people like me;) :earsgirl: But I like to do one each trip.

Another thumbs up for Cape May breakfast
We went there last June & it was one of our best experiences. The food was fresh n' hot, the characters was A+ (saw them many times as the place was not full) the service was SUPER!!!!

I honestly can not think of one bad thing to say about Cape May breakfast!
We plan on going there again this coming June ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter