Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine

BoyMom81

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to take our 3 year old to the Disney Jr Play and Dine breakfast with ADR for 8:00 in September. My concern is that we won't get a FP for Toy Story if we aren't finished eating by 9. Any advice or suggestions? He is obsessed with Disney Jr, so this is the one thing I know we want to do.

When we went last year, I took the kids to the restaurant to wait for our table while my husband did the FP run to TSMM.

We are hoping to take our 3 year old to the Disney Jr Play and Dine breakfast with ADR for 8:00 in September. My concern is that we won't get a FP for Toy Story if we aren't finished eating by 9. Any advice or suggestions? He is obsessed with Disney Jr, so this is the one thing I know we want to do.

First of all :welcome: Welcome to the Dis!

If you have another adult in the party and it is getting close to park opening, you could send them to get FPs for your whole group while you finish your breakfast. But really, FPs aren't likely to run out until close to noon.

Note: FPs can't be pulled until the park has opened. So you can't get them when you enter the park for the early breakfast.

And to open a whole 'nuther can of worms, by the time you go in Sept. Fastpass + may have gone into full operation, so you might already have FPs for TSM.

This was our favorite meal with our then 3 year old. Our ADR was for when it first opened, and we were leaving right as rope drop was starting, so we made it back to TSM with the front of the crowd. I recommend getting to H&V around the time that we did. There was hardly anyone there yet, so the characters gave our little guy a lot of interaction and came by more than once.

First of all :welcome: Welcome to the Dis!

If you have another adult in the party and it is getting close to park opening, you could send them to get FPs for your whole group while you finish your breakfast. But really, FPs aren't likely to run out until close to noon.

Note: FPs can't be pulled until the park has opened. So you can't get them when you enter the park for the early breakfast.

And to open a whole 'nuther can of worms, by the time you go in Sept. Fastpass + may have gone into full operation, so you might already have FPs for TSM.

I'm holding out hope for the FP+! From what I've read it would be awesome!

Ask for your bill and pay it early. Then you are free to leave when you need to. We have done this meal twice and have been waiting on the street when the park opens. That made us the FIRST ones to FP Toy Story and ride it!

Very few people go that early so the character interaction is amazing!! You'll find 40 min is enough time to eat, meet everyone at least once and do dances/parades and have time for a quick potty break before getting outside. We will be doing the same thing this Sept too!!!

Has anyone had a late breakfast there before? (like 10:10am)? Is it true you get more attention from the Characters because it is less busy? We are late risers we will never make it in the park that early. Any recommandation?

We have gotten fast passes after 9 for Toy Story, but if you are worried and there are other adults, send some one to get them.

We just sent one adult to get fast passes while we kept eating. They can always come back and eat after they get the passes

I have done this breakfast two times at 8 am. The first time we saw the characters quick and were done early before they opened the gates to guests this last trip we were rushed and they let the park guest in 15 minutes early at 8:45 and we were not ready. So be aware. When we saw guest coming in bil rushed out.

Last May we had reservations before park opening. I'd say we saw all the characters in probably 20 minutes it was so empty. So we could have theoretically left any time after that. I'm assuming you're talking about a regular opening day (so, at 9). I would think you'd have no issues (is your 3 year old really going to sit happily at breakfast for an hour?)

We rode TSM stand-by after ours (be careful, it can be heavy breakfast and lots of spinning) and walked slowly through the queue but never really stopped to wait (maybe 10-15 minutes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter