Boy did I love the buffets!!!

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
We were in WDW all last week and boy did I eat. There was me, DH and DS's ages 8 & 10. We have always liked our character meals so we stayed with that. Plus since my 10 year old is now considered an adult I know that with a buffet there is more variety of foods for him to eat.

We ate at Chef Mickey's for both dinner and breakfast. I had the best beef stew, ranked right up with my mom's. It was so good that I think I must have had 3 helpings, of course add that in with the chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, salad and and awesome chicken with rice soup. I even managed to fit in dessert. DH and DS's filled up on chicken strips, pizza, mashed potatoes.

The breakfast was also good and such a variety from scrambled eggs with or without cheese, potatoes, mickey waffles (always a must), pancakes, fruit and donuts.

We ate at Crystal Palace for dinner. As I was getting a roll to go with my salad they had the whipped butter and then a chipotole butter. I thought something different I would try that. OMG was it good. So good that I had 3 rolls and I am not even a bread fan. Then there was a mediterrean salad that was out of this world. I must have had 3 helpings of that along with chicken and potatoes. I didn't think I could have left room for dessert but I did and felt that I should have been "rolled" out of there. Good thing it was the night of the P&PP and I knew we would be walking around for the next 6 hours. My guys of course stayed with the chicken strips and pizza.

We also ate at ESPN Cafe. We ordered 3 appetizers-chicken strips, nachos and chili. OUr entrees were a hot dog for DS, I had chicken caesar salad, DH had a roast beef with cheese sandwich and other DS had the sliders. Again I "pigged" out and ate most of the nachos, a couple bits of chicken and then all of my salad. That night I did not leave room for dessert and had chocolate cake to go. It was very good. DH, however, did not care for the chili and the sandwich that he got last year was not on the menu because of changes. I think he was a bit disappointed but said that the roast beef sandwich was good. My DS's hot was huge and he only ate half of it. We did get the Pirate Punch drinks so my DS's could have the Captain Hook light ups.

Our final TS was for HDDR. Everything was so good. The ribs were okay, my DS's ate a few of them. As for the chicken we asked for seconds on that. My family except for me does not care for strawberry shortcake so I did ask our server prior to the dessert coming out for ice cream for them.

Our CS consisted of breakfast, dinner and lunch at the All Star Sports resort, we also ate at Blizzard Beach. Those waffles cones are huge. 2 people could eat off of them.

The CS for my 8 year old was a bit tricky at times. One night for dinner at the resort he wanted pizza, so he took my dinner and I ate the kids turkey dinner. It was very good and there was a lot and it worked out for us.

Overall, we or should I say I ate a lot! I gained out 3 pounds, not bad for everything I ate all week. My DH just sits back and watches me eat and shakes his head because he couldn't believe how much I was eating. Hey it's a vacation, plus I paid "x" amount of $$ for it.

I'm glad you like the Crystal Palace. We have done breakfast there a few times, but never dinner. I have dinner ressies there next month, and I can't wait to try it!:goodvibes

Good to hear you enjoyed the buffets so much! Just reading about them makes me full :lmao:

Our final TS was for HDDR. Everything was so good. The ribs were okay, my DS's ate a few of them. As for the chicken we asked for seconds on that. My family except for me does not care for strawberry shortcake so I did ask our server prior to the dessert coming out for ice cream for them.

Good to know you can ask just for ice cream. I am in the same boat wilth my kids.

We love the buffets! Especially Crystal Palace in the morning. I thought when you said you were getting a roll you meant a stomach roll, then I finished reading the sentence! :rotfl: Glad you had such a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter