Borrowed points/reservation change close to use year question

jclark

Earning My Ears
First time doing a slightly complicated point situation:

I have a March use year, with all points from 2017 banked into 2018. We have a vacation coming up in February 2018 booked with points borrowed from 2018 use year. It’s a split stay with 2/8-2/10 at SSR and 2/10-2/12 at BWV.

We’re getting in late on Thursday night (2/8), and I’m considering canceling the SSR reservation, doing the Thursday night at the Orlando airport and a one night Friday stay at BLT, which has availability. (I actually wanted to do this originally but there wasn’t any availability at the airport.)

There’s about 25 points that would be lost with this change. My question is would they be stuck in the 2017 use year and have to be used by March 2017? If so, I’m just going to leave everything as-is, it’s not worth losing them. If I can have them in the 2018 use year, I’ll change it up. Thoughts? TIA

Borrowed points cannot be put back plus you are past any banking window if some of the reservation was done with current points. That's the "risk" of traveling late in your UY. They would expire March 1, 2018 if you were not able to otherwise use them before that. So, unless you have some other use there's little point to making the change unless it's something you just want to do but it will cause a loss of points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter