Books

KathyFP

<font color=green>You mean there is more to the so
What book do you feel is the best guide? I haven't bought a new book this year. I need to go shopping tomorrow.

I really enjoyed The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World-I also bought Birnbaum's Guide but I used the Unofficial guide for most of my planning.

I agree with KathyFP -- the Unofficial Guide. I have tried several, but found that this one had the best and most reliable info. The Unofficial has different books depending on your needs -- overall Unofficial Guide, with kids, for couples. I bought the overall and the kids one.

After the 2 1/2 years of planning and reading the previous guide books (2001/2002) I found that the 2003 version was unhelpful.

Originally posted by KathyFP
What book do you feel is the best guide? I haven't bought a new book this year. I need to go shopping tomorrow.

I really like the "PassPorter"
I like the way it is a travel guide, planner, organizer, journal, & keepsake.
You really have to see it to understand what I mean. And, after your trip is completed, the guide is something you will want to keep rather than it becoming outdated.
For more info go to:
http://www.passporter.com/

Here's another vote for The Unofficial Guide. I also have Birnbaum's, but I got that one only as a supplement to The Unofficial Guide.

Another vote for the PassPorter! I use to buy several. Now it's only the PassPorter.

I really like the Passporter too, particularly the deluxe addition, because instead of buying a new one every year, you can either buy just the new text, or just download updates. Plus, I got to meet the authors last year, and they're really nice :)

I also usually take "WDW for Adults" with me on vacation, because its a really small book, and handy when I need official information :)

We get the Unofficial guide every two years. As the author(s) admit, if something doesn't change, they don't necessarily change the text, so a year by year update (for our library) isn't needed. Somehow though, our guides always wind up being borrowed....good think DIS is (mostly) always there.

-Joe

I like WDW for Couples. It's great even if you have kids. I like the reviews of the restaurants best in that one, and I love the fact that they have maps of each of the resorts.

We bought the WDW Guide for Couples by the Perlmutters as a secondary source when we sent our friends down on their honeymoon...we almost didn't give it to them to read because we disagreed with so many of their opinions. While this doesn't mean that guides written by committee are any better, but when you have 1 or 2 authors, it becomes a much more subjective and opinionated review. If you find the restaurants at Disney to be mostly a positive experience, one would probably like the Couples guide...if you don't, all of their other opinions immediately become suspect.

-Joe

We like Rita Aero's book - she has the best maps - very easy to figure out. I am not fond of the Unofficial Guide- too many stories and not enough facts. I found it very confusing.

The Unoffical Guide has saved us several hundred dollars and our trip is not until Feb. I have read it cover to cover and underlined many passages that I need to refer to frequently. If you are interested in purchasing check out mousesavers.com. They have a book link and I saw the book at a really great price. I bought mine and Barnes & Noble. Happy reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter