Booking with Entertainment Card

Synonymous

I know all about it, see?
Universal reservations has got me confused. I called a couple of weeks ago to find out the Entertainment Card rate for February 2002 and was told that they didn't know what it was, yet. He said I should call back later in the month and they might have it.

I called today, and was told that it's already sold out. Does this sound right? Or was the 2nd person just saying it was sold out because it didn't come up on her computer screen yet?

Tom

I'm thinking that the second person you talked to was just being lazy. Honestly I would not deal with Universal Reservations, I always book through a travel agency or Loews Hotels. Too many confusing phone calls and wrong information has left me skeptical. Sometimes I think UR doesn't know its butt from a hole in the ground. I would call Loews and book my stay directly through them. I haven't had any problems with Loews and I could get the discounts I wanted from them whereas Universal told me they were sold out.

Here's the number: 1-800-LOEWS(56397)-11

Have Fun!

with Spaceman Spiff, book through Loew Hotels directly, I got the ET rate for Aug. 2001 back in Jan. and I had no problems. Just be sure you mention you want a written confirmation (they won't send one unless specifically asked). Have a great trip!

You guys were right on the money. Loews just told me that the Entertainment rate is not "loaded in" yet and that it generally occurs about 6 months in advance. He said to call back at the end of July or August.

And I wasn't even put on hold! Imagine that- no waiting AND correct information. What a concept.

Tom

Regarding the Entertainment card for the discount rate at the HRH. What is the exact name of the book, is it "Orlando Entertainment Book 2001"? I called Barnes and Noble and they said it is out of print. I can try the website for a last resort. I didn't want to pay shipping.

Plus I want to make sure I am ordering the right one.

Thanks for all your help.

You don't need the Orlando version- if you buy the one for your area you will be able to use the restaurant coupons, etc. I think that this late in the year you may not be able to get one for 2001. The books are released in November of each year and you can usually get them from local charities selling them to raise money. The web site can probably tell you where you can get one in your area. It's Entertainment.com.

Tom

You don't need an Entertainment Book to make a reservation. You must have a valid book for the time of year during your stay. I just saw somewhere that they were selling 2001 books for $10 but be aware, the 2001 books expire the end of November.

To make a long story short - wait to get your Entertainment book until after you get your reservation and make sure it is valid for your stay.

Lou

Thank you everybody for your help. I ordered a book for 2001 with the discount. We are going in August and need it for this year.

THanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter