• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking through Dolphin Excursions (Blue Lagoon) directly

Long story short - I booked Blue Lagoon directly through a 3rd party and when I got to the pier was told I did NOT have a reservation, even though my credit card had been run and I had a confirmation number. I was told my confirmation number was bogus. The Blue Lagoon rep told me that on days the Dream or Fantasy is in port they sell ALL of their spots to Disney and there is no way to make a valid reservation other than going through DCL. She said that Nassau 3rd party companies know this but continue to book reservations they know they don't have the right to make. This was back in June, 2012 so things may have changed since then.

Happy ending - the Blue Lagoon rep knew the loser that took my money, and called him up and blessed him out. She got him to refund my credit card (they even brought me the credit card refund slip when the next Blue Lagoon boat came over to the island) AND gave our entire family a free Dolphin Encounter for our troubles. (We had booked a Swim With The Dolphins, but that was entirely sold out for the day and there were not 4 openings.) The Blue Lagoon people couldn't have been nicer. We had a great day and I highly recommend them.

Long story short - I booked Blue Lagoon directly through a 3rd party and when I got to the pier was told I did NOT have a reservation, even though my credit card had been run and I had a confirmation number. I was told my confirmation number was bogus. The Blue Lagoon rep told me that on days the Dream or Fantasy is in port they sell ALL of their spots to Disney and there is no way to make a valid reservation other than going through DCL. She said that Nassau 3rd party companies know this but continue to book reservations they know they don't have the right to make. This was back in June, 2012 so things may have changed since then.

Happy ending - the Blue Lagoon rep knew the loser that took my money, and called him up and blessed him out. She got him to refund my credit card (they even brought me the credit card refund slip when the next Blue Lagoon boat came over to the island) AND gave our entire family a free Dolphin Encounter for our troubles. (We had booked a Swim With The Dolphins, but that was entirely sold out for the day and there were not 4 openings.) The Blue Lagoon people couldn't have been nicer. We had a great day and I highly recommend them.

So glad you told me this! Weird that previous poster was able to book through a third party though. Perhaps I should just wait until we get to the port and hope for open spots. I don't suppose we will die without the dolphin excursion.

I was told that too. Dolphin Encounters Rep: "If Disney ship is in port, than we have no spaces available." (Hopefully the other cruise lines get some too?)

Anyway "rock on, Blue Lagoon, you are so totally sweet" (in the words of a lil sea turtle) for awesome customer service and taking care of you!

Your story makes me even happier that we booked with Disney. There is only one chance for the Sea Lion encounters (not swim OR encounter) and we could have been sunk! It made our family trip.
:lovestrucpuckerup:
Love you, Maggie & Bonnie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter