Booking through Disney

sssteele

DIS Veteran
I looked at a quote on DCL site for a 4 day Wonder cruise embarking Dec.6, 2009. Oceanview stateroom was $1792.96. Vacations to Go website has the same for $689. Is this legitimate? Why would somebody book through Disney? This isn't even a last-minute deal. Am I missing something? We are doing this same cruise on Dec. 7th this year using DVC points, but I'm sure we'll want to do others in the future.

I looked at a quote on DCL site for a 4 day Wonder cruise embarking Dec.6, 2009. Oceanview stateroom was $1792.96. Vacations to Go website has the same for $689. Is this legitimate? Why would somebody book through Disney? This isn't even a last-minute deal. Am I missing something? We are doing this same cruise on Dec. 7th this year using DVC points, but I'm sure we'll want to do others in the future.

Sometimes, the TAs don't include transfers, travel insurance or all of the taxes. But even with that, it does seem to be a bit of a difference.

Actually it is. It says under it

"The prices shown are US dollars per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability. They include port charges but do not include airfare or (where applicable) fuel surcharges or airport or government taxes or fees."

Both quotes are per person. Has anyone ever used vacationstogo.com? Are there a lot of hidden extra fees, taxes, etc.?

I'm not sure what you selected but when i go i get $1,323.98 from disney with vacation insurance. And remember they charge you the double rate as they are always booked based on doubke occupancy. So if you booked from vacations to go they will charge you the rate of $689 times 2 which is $1378. the disney one is cheaper and includes insurance

I looked at both sites again, and it appears I was duped. DCL quote is for both people, or as it says "the total for all members of your traveling party." The Vacations to Go quote is per person, but they compare it to the Disney quote (brochure it says) for two, so it appears to be half price. I can't stand false or misleading business practices. Why is it allowed?

I looked at both sites again, and it appears I was duped. DCL quote is for both people, or as it says "the total for all members of your traveling party." The Vacations to Go quote is per person, but they compare it to the Disney quote (brochure it says) for two, so it appears to be half price. I can't stand false or misleading business practices. Why is it allowed?

I'm not sure that is what they are doing. Cruise prices go up and down based on demand and other things. The vacationstogo web site is comparing to a full price maximum that would be paid (not the current sale price). I have booked via vacationstogo and I am very happy with them. I compared prices on the same day (since prices can change that often) and the savings was several hundred dollars (close to $400), and yes all charges (taxes and port fees) were included. One thing to note is the Disney site adds ground transportation and things that you would have to subtract to get equal quotes.

The savings usually isn't that much - I don't know why it was for my particular cruise. There was a 1 week period that VTG had the lowest price and I booked then. I also had quotes from Disney, AAA, and another TA and they were all almost identical -EXCEPT VTG. There are no other hidden fees.

There is still a cost savings for you if you are comparing apples to apples. You said Disney is $1793 and VTG is $1378. This is still $400 IF you are comparing the same cruise and actually have a quote from VTG. I would bet if you did do this, you would see the prices are much more comparable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter