booking questions using home resort advantage for one night

dwight16

DIS Veteran
Hello probably a stupid question but here we go....i am looking to head down during a busy time next spring break march 11th-18th. my goal is a 1 bedroom standard boardwalk. i have two small contracts at BWV so i can book one night now. ok does this make sense. i book one night the 11th now then when the 7th month opens thursday book the last 6 nights via the 7th month rule.
i have been tracking availability and it seems the first day comes and goes my guess its people walking. just wanted to see if my idea is sound.

I mean, it can't hurt. It is a busy time, so if you can get one locked in now and then work on the next six, you've got nothing to lose. If you end up having to waitlist, the fewer the number the nights as well works in your favor. We go around then every year (Ontario spring break) and it's the earlier nights in the week that are harder to get, so I think what you've suggested is a good strategy. Again, you have nothing to lose and can just combine the reservations afterwards.

Hello probably a stupid question but here we go....i am looking to head down during a busy time next spring break march 11th-18th. my goal is a 1 bedroom standard boardwalk. i have two small contracts at BWV so i can book one night now. ok does this make sense. i book one night the 11th now then when the 7th month opens thursday book the last 6 nights via the 7th month rule.
i have been tracking availability and it seems the first day comes and goes my guess its people walking. just wanted to see if my idea is sound.
It won't hurt to book what you can right now. If the nights of 3/12 thru 3/17 are available when 8/11 rolls around then you can modify the reservation to book those nights with you non-BWV points. But if any night is unavailable you won't be able to pick them all up on 8/11.

Normally, I would recommend booking the home resort now for your non-BWV points so that you have something but you're going to need those points to be available on 8/11 to do the modification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter