Booking Poly using Davids

bcalloway

Only slightly neurotic
This is pretty far ahead planning, but what are the chances of getting Poly studio through David's September 18-26 next year?
I am lucky to have another option of buying points from a friend who has home resort at BLT. She is gracious to sell me her points at cost but I would prefer to stay Poly.
I don't, however,want to miss the chance of going through her waiting on David's.
I guess my question is, how long do I wait for my David's request before I know I won't get my choice.

The DVC portion of the Polynesian is mostly studios. There are 288 Standard View Studios, 72 Lake View Studios and 20 Lake View Bungalows (basically a 2-bedroom).

This is pretty far ahead planning, but what are the chances of getting Poly studio through David's September 18-26 next year?
I am lucky to have another option of buying points from a friend who has home resort at BLT. She is gracious to sell me her points at cost but I would prefer to stay Poly.
I don't, however,want to miss the chance of going through her waiting on David's.
I guess my question is, how long do I wait for my David's request before I know I won't get my choice.

If its a local friend and one where you trust one another, why dont you have her book the stay with her points and you reimburse her?

DVC owners can use their points at any resort. Your friend's points are just as good at Poly as they are at BLT. The only thing is, you'd have to wait till 7 months out to book. For a mid-September reservation, your chances of getting a Poly studio at 7 months are pretty good, I'd think.

That's what I have done before but her home resort is not Polynesian. She is BLT and SS. So the soonest she could do poly is 7 months out and I am sure it would be full by then. I was thinking going through David's would get me a better chance.
On the flip side, we could do BLT and she could book that 11 months out.

That's what I have done before but her home resort is not Polynesian. She is BLT and SS. So the soonest she could do poly is 7 months out and I am sure it would be full by then. I was thinking going through David's would get me a better chance.
On the flip side, we could do BLT and she could book that 11 months out.
Probably not full in mid-September. Although you may not get your first choice if you want a lake view just because there are fewer of them. Poly does not completely book up prior to 7 months but will shortly after that. Every owner that wants to switch from their home resort to Poly will make their move at that time.

Personally, I would take the friend up on her very generous offer, have her book BLT at 11 months and ask her to switch to Poly at 7 months if she can.

I got Poly the week before in this calendar year (2019) through Davids. I had the reservation requested a couple of months earlier, but it was made at 7 months. I didn't request the upgraded view though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter