Booking/Point question

Marc A.

DIS Veteran
Good Morning all,

We have an August use year and currently only have 4 points for 2019. We are lucky that we had enough points for a long Xmas/NYE trip and still one long one to come in July-August.

My question is this. We wanted to surprise our daughter with a trip in March 2020 for her 16th bday which is before we would be receiving our 2020 allotment. When can we book/start borrowing those points?
I don't want to have to wait until the year 2020 to book but I am scared that we have to???

I am a little confused this morning, was up late last night and my brain is not functioning well.

Thanks for your help.

You don't need to wait for future UY points to load, they are already there. If you need to borrow points, the system will let you as long as you have points eligible to be borrowed. This can be done at 11 months out for home resorts and 7 months out for non-home resorts.

Just adding that since a March 2020 trip falls within your 2019 use year, so you may borrow your 2020 points to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter