Booking on board using DVC points

I believe you can't book on board using DVC points but must book within 3 days after disembarkation and then you get a discount on the points price.

I believe you can't book on board using DVC points but must book within 3 days after disembarkation and then you get a discount on the points price.

I have read several times that the booking window for the discount is now 7 days, but I have not confirmed that

Does anyone know if the discount is 10 percent.
Its it 10 percent off the total points?

Is there a discount offered if we book a cruise on board using our DVC points?
Thanks

You receive a discount on money(onboard) or points if you book a DCL cruise within 7 days of disembarking. I've done this several times using points and always when I know that I want to take a DCL cruise the next year. Don't bother trying to book onboard because they can't handle points. You might as well wait until you get home and talk to MS. I always remind them that I just got off of a cruise.

When you book with points right after you've cruised, you will get up to 10% off the points necessary for the next cruise. I think the last time I did it I figured it was around 7%. That was ok because I saved points. When I asked the CM why it wasn't 10%, they said it wasn't always going to be 10% and that the discount varied by itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter