Booking HHI for New Years Eve?

Lizabethadams83

Earning My Ears
I am looking to book a studio at HHI for 3 nights Dec 31-Jan 3. I own at Poly so I won't be able to book until 7 months out. Just wondering how hard it is to get a studio there during that time? This will be our first time traveling to HHI so I'm not sure of that is a busy season for them? I had planned on using my one time use points to avoid borrowing, but if availability will go quickly I don't want to wait until member services opens to call and book. Thanks in advance for any input!

This is what drusba (one of our resident availability gurus) says about HHI availability:

Hilton Head

Hilton Head’s high demand time is summer between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. HHI has a large number of 2BRs and a limited number of studios,1BRs, and 3BRs.

During that summer, the highest demand period is Memorial Day weekend to about the first 7 or 8 days of July. What you will often find during then is that for any given week (regardless of day of the week your start date is), the 3BR’s will be missing most days during the week other than weekends, the studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs will be missing anywhere from 3 to 5 days (usually not all in a row). After July 7 or 8 and through Labor Day weekend, the 3BR’s are usually missing 3 to 5 nights a week, the studios and 1BRs usually 2 to 4 nights but the 1BR has been open for a week at times in late Aug. The 2BR is often missing only a night or two but then there are many random times when a full week is open with varying start dates during the week.

For the Fall after Labor Day through Jan 1, 3BRs often have a day or two missing in many weeks. After Labor Day through end of Sep, everything else has been open although the studio may disappear for a day early in the morning at 7 months out. Early Oct through Columbus Day weekend is usually open except the studio has disappeared for a day or two before 7 months out. After Columbus day weekend through Jan 1, the studios, 1BRs and 2BRs have been open except for three or four days surrounding Thanksgiving when they fill before 7 months out. From Jan 2 to just before mid-March, everything has been open except for the 3BR now and then. Beginning mid-March and through mid-April (and beyond in April if Easter is later), the studios and 1BRs are often missing multiple days a week and the 2BRs one to two days (and more during the Easter weeks), although you can still find a week in a 2BR at times. Then from mid-April to just before Memorial Day weekend, studios, 1BRs and 2BRs are usually open, while 3BRs are usually missing some days per week.

It's from her 7 month availability thread posted on 10/13/2016. I highlighted the relevant part. If past patterns hold, you should be able to get what you want. Good luck!

P.S. Welcome to the DIS DVC Forums. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter