Booking future cruise with potential for baby

I wasn't trying to be "mean". I was being realistic. Just trying put some more information out there that may not have been thought about. Also, as a mother, I'd be really cautious about taking a baby on a long cruise, mostly due to the close confinement with thousands of other people who may not care that they are bringing onboard (into a closed environment) whatever illnesses they have. But I'm cautious that way.

Sorry, if others felt I was mean, that wasn't my intent.

Not to mention the flight getting to and from.

We did what you’re looking to do and it was fine. Once baby was born, we called with name and DOB. We had full trip insurance and had all vaccinations ahead of trip.

One other thing- I wore baby in Bjorn most of trip and it was amazing and seemed to have less germ exposure.

Yep we did TBD when we booked pre-daughter. When I was unsure and asking if it was possible the rep onboard said they do it several times a day and had everything entered without a problem. Once we had a name and birthdate it was as simple as updating the contact info by phone call. Our daughter was 6 month, 3 days when we sailed so she came just in time.

(And honestly for us cruising was the easiest way to travel with a baby. Food, clothes, bed were always moving along with you from place to place and the nursery was a few floors down.)

We booked our Bermuda cruise on the opening day, 500+ days out, with a TBD, expecting the baby to be around 10 month old by the time we cruised. Our very first DCL cruise was with a 7-month old (who is now 7), so we knew what to expect on a cruise as far as sailing with a baby. With a reservation that far out, we felt we had enough time to make adjustments or cancel if need be, playing it cautiously. This was also a no-fly cruise for us, and only 5 nights long.

I was quite worried and confused about the whole TBD reservation, but the CM took it as a matter-of-fact, punched in the details, and just told me to call again when I had the actual birth date, name etc. available.

As it turned out, that Bermuda sailing was our youngest son's second DCL cruise. At 8 month, we took him on a cross-continental flight and a 7-night Alaska cruise. Booking that trip 6 weeks prior to sailing, we were confident that both him and us were ready for it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter