Booking for a big group....WDYT?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
We've got a party of 15: 5 adults, 10 kids (all under 13)

9 are first timers.

We booked 3 POR rooms in AB (so sleep 5 each.) So myself/my DH have a room with kids. My friend/her DH have a room with kids. My mom has a room with kids.

In my head, this works fine. I realize we may not be all that close to each other, though I booked/paid for the trip as one and my reservations are all linked. Is there anything else I should be concerned about? Is there another location I should have considered? Budget is a concern. I booked rack rate (ugh) for POR, but it was only $207/night and that's really the top of my range. I just want to make sure there aren't any options I might have missed. TIA!

If you book a preferred room, you might increase the chances of being near each other because there are only a few preferred buildings. (All are in AB) This would cost more $$, but Spring discounts may be available at some point...?
It was a great idea to pay as one and link them all. I would have done the same thing.
Are you going over a busy time?

We've got a party of 15: 5 adults, 10 kids (all under 13)

9 are first timers.

We booked 3 POR rooms in AB (so sleep 5 each.) So myself/my DH have a room with kids. My friend/her DH have a room with kids. My mom has a room with kids.

In my head, this works fine. I realize we may not be all that close to each other, though I booked/paid for the trip as one and my reservations are all linked. Is there anything else I should be concerned about? Is there another location I should have considered? Budget is a concern. I booked rack rate (ugh) for POR, but it was only $207/night and that's really the top of my range. I just want to make sure there aren't any options I might have missed. TIA!

I would request connecting rooms for two of your rooms because there are a lot of connecting rooms at POR and that would increase your chances of being close together. I would also have all three groups marked as traveling together. Then, about five days before your check in date I would send in a fax to POR and repeat the request to be close together. If you go to the first page of the Port Orleans Riverside facts thread you will find the instructions on how to fax in a room request. :)

I had made a request to be close to our sons room and they put us in the same building and on the same side of the building, but eight rooms apart. It worked out fine. My sister, though, who was traveling with us was put my further away.

If you book a preferred room, you might increase the chances of being near each other because there are only a few preferred buildings. (All are in AB) This would cost more $$, but Spring discounts may be available at some point...?
It was a great idea to pay as one and link them all. I would have done the same thing.
Are you going over a busy time?

going in January, so I hope it's not busy! avoiding the marathon and MLK day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter