Booking Flight for DECEMBER - Wait or Buy Now??? Help!!!

Jazzerfan

Mouseketeer
My hubby and I are planning a long weekend in December - 6th thru 11th. I've been on every airline sight, set up price alerts etc and have found a decent flight EWR (Newark, NJ) to MCO (Orlando) Non-Stop. It comes out to $223 pp w/1-checked bag each and good choice of seat at the moment (front of plane to get off quicker).

In the past I've waited to 50-60 days before departure and got also decent pricing. Not sure if I should grab this pricing or wait??? I know this is all arbitrary, but December is tricky and don't know if would get better pricing in late Sept/Oct? What should this Jersey Girl do??? Any help would be most appreciated. Any other December flyers?

I would book it. My price point is $200 RT from New Orleans, so it seems you're getting a great deal to me!

TAKE IT!
I booked my December 7-11 flights on May 31st and got $218 RT PP from Buffalo.
Checking today its $290 RT PP and I suspect it will only go higher since December in general is a popular time to fly and visit family for the holidays even if its not right during the holiday.

OP. Not sure of your market but i’d be happy with it out of PIT. I’m the week earlier, which tends to be bit pricier.

Booked day of SWAs release, it bounced up, then dropped a bit from opening rates.

I’m sitting on approx $190 pp RT now.

Buy it now, this is a very good deal and its a non stop flight!

From a fellow Jersey girl, I would NOT wait - you're not going to do much better from Newark to Orlando that time of year.

What’s gonna make you feel worse OP: booking now & finding out you could have saved a little bit each by waiting? Or waiting & paying maybe a lot more each? Would it be worth the peace of mind to just have a decent flight at a decent price booked & stop worrying about it?

If you find a price you can live with, book the tickets. Personally, I'd be sure to cancel those price alerts, too. I wouldn't want to know if the price dropped after I purchased a non-refundable ticket.

Caveat: That recommendation doesn't apply to Southwest, as you can reticket and get a credit.

I would book it. My price point is $200 RT from New Orleans, so it seems you're getting a great deal to me!
i have a question about MSY.. we are from SWLA and are considering southwest out of New Orleans.. did i read it correctly on their airport info page that they do NOT shuttle from the credit card lot (or long term) to the terminal area?? as in, we would have to walk, hauling kids and luggage, via airport blvd to the aiport proper??

i have a question about MSY.. we are from SWLA and are considering southwest out of New Orleans.. did i read it correctly on their airport info page that they do NOT shuttle from the credit card lot (or long term) to the terminal area?? as in, we would have to walk, hauling kids and luggage, via airport blvd to the aiport proper??

I always park in long term parking and walk. It's all connected and you don't have to cross the road. We manage our suitcases fine. You walk through the garage and take the elevator to the terminal bridge.

I am not at all familiar with that airport, but any time I'm flying with family, I pull up to the terminal, unload family and luggage, then take the car to whatever parking area.

No hauling luggage or kids, and only one person needing to shuttle (or walk). Of course, this is assuming you have a 2nd person trustworthy enough to leave kids with (older sibling/adult).

We are flying 12/8-12/12 from Albany New York and we are booked non stop on Southwest at $186/person, booked on release day. Had one price drop on our return flight.

Is that RT? If so, that's an EXCELLENT price.
Yes. It is roundtrip. $108 down and $78 back Saturday-Wednesday. We added EBCI but I did not include that in the price. Consider that a separate optional fee. Good flight times allowing us park days on arrival and departure days. Booked using Southwest points for one direction and Disney Reward Dollars for the other, so free to me. Same flights booked today would be $310.00. Key for us out of the airports we fly is book opening day.

I always park in long term parking and walk. It's all connected and you don't have to cross the road. We manage our suitcases fine. You walk through the garage and take the elevator to the terminal bridge.

thank you!! we usually fly out of Hobby Houston since it is closer but the price from New Orleans was unbeatable!

I am not at all familiar with that airport, but any time I'm flying with family, I pull up to the terminal, unload family and luggage, then take the car to whatever parking area.

No hauling luggage or kids, and only one person needing to shuttle (or walk). Of course, this is assuming you have a 2nd person trustworthy enough to leave kids with (older sibling/adult).

i'm sure the husband would agree to do just that.. was just inquiring as to the correctness of my assumptions from the website in order to form a solid travel plan of action!! Thanks for the tip! it may be just what we need to do... after assessing luggage situation LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter