Booking Expedia with tickets

CassieReynart

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've done a search but I couldn't find a conclusive answer.

I was looking at prices through expedia, I found a good offer, it says "including tickets" but the price is only about £50 more than a stay that doesnt include tickets (Just over £650/4nights at sequoia)? It says "20% off" but I am not sure how many tickets it will include (per person/day).

Also the price does not change when I include 3 people staying, or 2 people staying. I need to book 2 rooms, one with 2 and one with 3 people in. Would they really not change the price to have up to 4 people in the room, with tickets? I might give them a ring tonight when I get back from work, but I wondered if anyone actually has experience with this sort of thing. Cheers xx

yes, it could be the same price for 3 or 4 people - for example if the first 2 people in the room are adults, and then you add 3rd and 4th children aged under 7/aged under 12, the children go free, tickets included.
When Expedia sell a hotel/park tickets package for DLP, its under the same conditions as DLP themselves do.

I would call and check with them exactly what you're getting before booking :).

Thanks - I will try them again tonight, I rang yesterday and the guy couldn't understand me (I think it's an indian call center) but I'll ring after work again, and update people here for anyone else looking. I found it odd as the price didn't update if you changed it from 1 adult, to 4 adults, but I presume its right?? Fingers crossed anyway!

I've booked via Expedia on this package, when I posted others said we would all be covered. I go in less than 2 weeks :hyper: so will report back if it doesn't work!

it does sound strange that the price including tickets is the same for 4 adults, compared with 2 :confused3. What happens on the official DLP site if you increase the guests from 2 to 4 adults?

It's difficult to compare - The disney official site only has montana lakeside rooms so is considerably more expensive right off the bat. The price is just over £1000 for the same dates for three adults.
I'm tempted to book because you can get right up to where you put in your card details, with it saying the same price, so surely if its all on your confirmation as right, then it's right? The price is £150ish more than the price *without* tickets (but the ticket price has "20% off") so it obviously includes "something"...
The only thing thats putting me off booking is the fact that the price does not change with the number of adults, but the offer for Newport *does* change price when I change no of people...

I've just had a look on Expedia Cassie - I would definitely phone them and confirm it includes park tickets per person for the duration of your stay for everyone booked into the room. The reason I'm saying this is, I'm getting exactly the same price for 1 adult or 4 adults, including park tickets (on the official site you can typically pay around £80 extra upwards per adult for their name and park tickets included in the booking). However, I'm also seeing a 30% off and a 20% off offer for what would appear to be exactly the same package (standard SL room including tickets) so its £570 or over £650, for what seems to be exactly the same thing?

You would definitely need to check that your booking confirmation clearly states park tickets included also, on the final itinerary confirmation.
Some of us remember around this time in 2009, Expedia made a bit of a muck-up on their all your meals free deal for onsite rooms, and it took a lot of hassle for us (me included) to get what had been advertised and paid for.

Yikes! Thanks for the warning. The "30% off" deal is sold out for my dates. I might just wait until the offer changes on the official site next week and see what that is - I'm just nervous we might not get what we want (We can't really afford to go lakeside/montana either) and if that's no good persue expedia. I'm such a worrier and I'd rather pay a bit more and be "safe"!

I hope Gemmybear doesn't have any problems! Please report back!!

Thanks for all your help!

I have just double checked my booking and it says:

Standard Double - incl 1 Ticket p.person p.day

So I think I am ok!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter