Booking Aulani for 2018 or 2019

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
I have started looking into Hawaii for summer 2018 or 2019, we are going to be a party of 5 or 6, so for now I am exploring a 2 bedroom. Boardwalk is my home resort so I will be working with a 7 month booking window. How difficult will it be to secure a 2 bedroom at 7 months out and what views do you think (if any) will be available at the 7 month booking window?

It really depends on when you are going. The lower-point-requirement time (June) books up very quickly -- within days of the 11-month window, especially for the lower-point requiring views (e.g., standard).

I just booked a 2 bedroom ocean view for 12 nights in August at 7 months with no problem but I did book on the first day of the 7 month window. That was the ony view available for all of the 12 days.

I booked a 1 bedroom ocean view at 7 months exactly no problem.
Studios were available also so the 2br shouldn't be a problem.
Get online exactly 8 am at 7 mths shouldn't be a problem, points are extremely high then!
Good luck
Kerri

June is a difficult month to get all of your dates at the 7 month mark. The standard view and island views might already be booked by Aulani owners.

If you're flexible in your dates and open to any views, including the pool or ocean views then I think you'll be ok. June seems to be the most difficult.

I just booked a 2 bedroom ocean view for 12 nights in August at 7 months with no problem but I did book on the first day of the 7 month window. That was the ony view available for all of the 12 days.

I waited for the 7 month window and all I could get for a 1 bedroom was ocean view. All other cheaper views were not available the entire 7 nights. I was going to do 8 nights but with the extra points needed, I added an extra night for my north shore stay and one less aulani night. Be prepared with points to be flexible on your view, and you will get something for your desired stay.

Second week of June through July 6 is Aulani's second highest DVC demand time of the year, behind Christmas week, and getting a 2BR in any view can be a problem. After July 6 through mid-Aug, Ocean View 2BRs are usually open and often either poolside garden or island garden 2BRs, although typically not both at the same time. Last half of Aug can have problems with any view but ocean view still a possibility.

I have 2 school age kiddos so summer is really all I have to work with so I guess its going to be a wait and see. View doesn't matter to our group, I don't mind using more points for oceanview as long as it is a nice ocean view.

I have 2 school age kiddos so summer is really all I have to work with so I guess its going to be a wait and see. View doesn't matter to our group, I don't mind using more points for oceanview as long as it is a nice ocean view.

With all of summer to choose from and ok with any view that is what I call being flexible. I think you'll be able to get something - you just may not know until you find it at 7 months when you are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter