Booking a hotel harder than Taylor Swift tickets?!??

Wallyworld81

Earning My Ears
What is going on with trying to book hotel rooms at Tokyo Disney?!?! We visited TDR two times before the plague and both times stayed on property- the first trip in late November 2017 was a split stay- 3 nights at Miracosta, 3 nights at the Disneyland hotel. The second trip the first week of November 2018 was all 5 nights at the Disneyland hotel. We had 4 nights booked at the Disneyland hotel for early May 2020 but we all know how that went! All 3 trips I was able to book the rooms with no problem…not the case anymore it seems!! We have 6 nights planned , starting November 5 - I knew bc you can only book 5 at a clip I was going to have to do a split stay- no problem. Logged on at 9:58 est 90 days out (so last Friday!) to get ready to book and it was like utter chaos at 10! Rooms showed available, you would click on it in less than a second and it would then say it was gone! Choose another one and gone!! Third one and gone! Finally on the 4th option of room and a mini heart attack later we were able to secure 5 nights at the Disneyland hotel !! Tonight I went on to secure the last night we needed and it as the same exact thing!! This time I had my computer, my husbands and my iPad all searching at the same time! Took us each 3 clicks per monitor till a room finally went through!! Talk about nerve wracking!!

But seriously wth is going on?!? It’s not a holiday week anywhere in the world!!!

Japan has been open for free travel (no tour guide required) for less than a year. Lots of people from all over the world are traveling there. There's very few I site hotels combined with whatever small percentage of rooms is available for the nights you need.

There are plenty of non disney hotels that are close that don't have this issue.

The Christmas event starts on November 8th. This means that November 7th through the first weekend will certainly be sold out in seconds. If you just wanted a room from the 5th to the 7th or the weekdays in November after that first week, it'd be a lot easier.

For Tokyo, what Disney is doing has a much bigger impact than holidays.

The Christmas event starts on November 8th. This means that November 7th through the first weekend will certainly be sold out in seconds. If you just wanted a room from the 5th to the 7th or the weekdays in November after that first week, it'd be a lot easier.

For Tokyo, what Disney is doing has a much bigger impact than holidays.
Hi ! I thought the Xmas events started on the 11th....its the 8th ??

Japan has been open for free travel (no tour guide required) for less than a year. Lots of people from all over the world are traveling there. There's very few I site hotels combined with whatever small percentage of rooms is available for the nights you need.

There are plenty of non disney hotels that are close that don't have this issue.
If it was just my husband and i going we might have considered the hilton tokyo bay (i actually had a back up reservation there in case we couldn't get anything at disney) but seeing as this is my mom and aunts only time probably going thats not an option - Disney hotels are the only option (1st world problems, i know lol)

It's always like this, it is literally like this everyday trying to reserve for Magellan's, it's just how it is. As others said, the Christmas event is super popular and people are well aware of the time they have to book.

What is going on with trying to book hotel rooms at Tokyo Disney?!?! We visited TDR two times before the plague and both times stayed on property- the first trip in late November 2017 was a split stay- 3 nights at Miracosta, 3 nights at the Disneyland hotel. The second trip the first week of November 2018 was all 5 nights at the Disneyland hotel. We had 4 nights booked at the Disneyland hotel for early May 2020 but we all know how that went! All 3 trips I was able to book the rooms with no problem…not the case anymore it seems!! We have 6 nights planned , starting November 5 - I knew bc you can only book 5 at a clip I was going to have to do a split stay- no problem. Logged on at 9:58 est 90 days out (so last Friday!) to get ready to book and it was like utter chaos at 10! Rooms showed available, you would click on it in less than a second and it would then say it was gone! Choose another one and gone!! Third one and gone! Finally on the 4th option of room and a mini heart attack later we were able to secure 5 nights at the Disneyland hotel !! Tonight I went on to secure the last night we needed and it as the same exact thing!! This time I had my computer, my husbands and my iPad all searching at the same time! Took us each 3 clicks per monitor till a room finally went through!! Talk about nerve wracking!!

But seriously wth is going on?!? It’s not a holiday week anywhere in the world!!!
Yeah, I know. It seems nuts. I decided not to even bother. We made some plans with Hilton and put more time in Tokyo and beyond.

The packages have a further out booking window if that's up your alley, much better availability.

We are checking into Dianeyland Hotel on Nov 5th also for a 4 night stay, but I didn't have any issues booking a room! Strange what different experiences we had!

wow really?? when did you book it and from where in the world did you book?
I booked on the official website on Sat Aug 5th in the AM. We didn't want a fancy room (like no theme park view) but had a few different options for the 4 of us (Me, DH and our two kids age 11).

I didn't even realize it was that difficult to book until I was reading afterwards. I guess I got lucky!!

I booked on the official website on Sat Aug 5th in the AM. We didn't want a fancy room (like no theme park view) but had a few different options for the 4 of us (Me, DH and our two kids age 11).

I didn't even realize it was that difficult to book until I was reading afterwards. I guess I got lucky!!
Wow you got super lucky, not quite sure how! lol

The packages have a further out booking window if that's up your alley, much better availability.
Thanks. Does anyone know exactly how far in advance TDR Packages become available? Having trouble finding that particular bit of info.

Thanks. Does anyone know exactly how far in advance TDR Packages become available? Having trouble finding that particular bit of info.
I believe packages are 6months out, since you can go to the package website and scroll up until March 25th right now. Matches what I remember too.

Even though the calendar goes out 6 month, when you try to book something from 3-6 month mark it says there is nothing available. I believe the booking period is 90 days.

Just clarifying that it’s still 90-days for resort packages, same as room only?
It looks like they release a whole month of packages at the end of each month. Right now you can book packages through Feb 29. On Oct 31st they will release the dates for all of March.

Ugh! I've been thinking about doing Tokyo Disney for a while but every attempt to do an experimental booking has been horrible. I eventually found this thread and understand why.

I am planning a trip to Oz in early Dec 24 and thought it an opportunity to do Disney Sea, etc, while in the (very approximate) vicinity. But even trying to book a few months from now was impossible. Packages are only available for 2+ visitors, every on-site hotel would take a reservation for just one night and then the system says I have to book a different room/hotel for the next ... and I'd want at least 4, preferably 5, nights which could mean moving every day. Then I'd need the park entries ...

From what I read above Dec is a really busy time, so booking flights nearly a year out on the assumption that I'll be able to get hotel and park entries only 3 months out is insane.

Sadly Tokyo is now off my bucket list. (I still hope to get to Paris sometime.)

Ugh! I've been thinking about doing Tokyo Disney for a while but every attempt to do an experimental booking has been horrible. I eventually found this thread and understand why.

I am planning a trip to Oz in early Dec 24 and thought it an opportunity to do Disney Sea, etc, while in the (very approximate) vicinity. But even trying to book a few months from now was impossible. Packages are only available for 2+ visitors, every on-site hotel would take a reservation for just one night and then the system says I have to book a different room/hotel for the next ... and I'd want at least 4, preferably 5, nights which could mean moving every day. Then I'd need the park entries ...

From what I read above Dec is a really busy time, so booking flights nearly a year out on the assumption that I'll be able to get hotel and park entries only 3 months out is insane.

Sadly Tokyo is now off my bucket list. (I still hope to get to Paris sometime.)

The nearby Hilton and Sheraton are good backups if you don't get a Disney hotel. They're a short walk to the monorail (they're right near the Toy Story Hotel) and are more reasonably priced than the Disney hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter