• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking 2-2 bedrooms Christmas time at 7 months

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
Ok, Ya'll have said its going to be impossible pretty much to book grand villa at 7 months around christmas.. what about 2-2 bedrooms?

I really want to add on to my AKV but I want to buy Baylake.... which means to get a GV or 2 2 beds I would have to combine points and book at 7 months....

I may just add on to AKV but I would like to have 11 month booking at 2 places vs. 1... just this one hitch in my plan Christmas travel with large group.

I thought about renting my points out and booking thru Daves but even then I would be spending about 2k more to even do that!

Thanks, KIM

Ok, Ya'll have said its going to be impossible pretty much to book grand villa at 7 months around christmas.. what about 2-2 bedrooms?

I really want to add on to my AKV but I want to buy Baylake.... which means to get a GV or 2 2 beds I would have to combine points and book at 7 months....

I may just add on to AKV but I would like to have 11 month booking at 2 places vs. 1... just this one hitch in my plan Christmas travel with large group.

I thought about renting my points out and booking thru Daves but even then I would be spending about 2k more to even do that!

Thanks, KIM
IMO getting 2 BR at 7 months out for any time in December is workable, esp at AKV. But you've got to know how to do is and be aggressive up front. Certain resorts and specialty views may be nearly impossible but nothing is 100%, even VGF standard or AKV value/concierge, though some are close to impossible. If you're looking at sufficient numbers, basically for 2 full sized contracts of 150 or above, I'd do two home resorts. AKV & BLT are 2 of the better combinations for many people.

Do you consider any resort to be on the table for your 7 month 2BR booking? If so I'd think it would be very possible - SSR, OKW and AKV will be the most likely to have availability. And the specific week will make a difference. If the week just before Christmas then that's easier. Week of Christmas will be limited but possible.

Do you consider any resort to be on the table for your 7 month 2BR booking? If so I'd think it would be very possible - SSR, OKW and AKV will be the most likely to have availability. And the specific week will make a difference. If the week just before Christmas then that's easier. Week of Christmas will be limited but possible.
Yes! I would prefer AKV, but I would take what we could get to make it happen!

IMO getting 2 BR at 7 months out for any time in December is workable, esp at AKV. But you've got to know how to do is and be aggressive up front. Certain resorts and specialty views may be nearly impossible but nothing is 100%, even VGF standard or AKV value/concierge, though some are close to impossible. If you're looking at sufficient numbers, basically for 2 full sized contracts of 150 or above, I'd do two home resorts. AKV & BLT are 2 of the better combinations for many people.
I don't need any special veiw etc... and yes, I agree, actually I think your advice regarding splitting my points between 2 resorts is what made me change direction once I lost my 300 point akv to disney... so I love that idea... this is my only issue with it... booking my GV etc at 7 months during such a popular time!

I don't need any special veiw etc... and yes, I agree, actually I think your advice regarding splitting my points between 2 resorts is what made me change direction once I lost my 300 point akv to disney... so I love that idea... this is my only issue with it... booking my GV etc at 7 months during such a popular time!
There are ways to improve your chances, one just needs to learn how to maximize the chances.

That's one way though
OK.... like walking reservation?
Somewhat but more important at 7 months, being on line at 8 am ready to go and using the wait list well. Then as the 7 month window opens for the first day, get what you can with the other contract and cancel out any applicable days adding them on the back end as a mini walking scenario.

Since you have some AKV points, just reserve what you can. Getting a 2 BR isn't that difficult generally at AKV if you plan ahead. I don't follow day to day availability at AKV and esp not a GV but given there is availability now for both standard and savannah view for 6 of the 7 nights Sat to Sat the week of Xmas 2017, I suspect that's doable as well in spite of the recent posts to the contrary. I'd decide what you want and book what you can with use of the wait list for single or 2 night groupings. Advantages of the two 2 BR are they may be cheaper in some cases, you may be able to secure a larger chunk with your home resort points and you'll have adjustment options if your group shrinks. Either way you'd looking at in the range of 900 points for the week of Xmas for 7 nights. For the standard view GV you could secure up to 4 nights on your own 180 pt contract with banking/borrowing for the week of Xmas and up to 7 nights the previous week.

That's one way though

Somewhat but more important at 7 months, being on line at 8 am ready to go and using the wait list well. Then as the 7 month window opens for the first day, get what you can with the other contract and cancel out any applicable days adding them on the back end as a mini walking scenario.

Since you have some AKV points, just reserve what you can. Getting a 2 BR isn't that difficult generally at AKV if you plan ahead. I don't follow day to day availability at AKV and esp not a GV but given there is availability now for both standard and savannah view for 6 of the 7 nights Sat to Sat the week of Xmas 2017, I suspect that's doable as well in spite of the recent posts to the contrary. I'd decide what you want and book what you can with use of the wait list for single or 2 night groupings. Advantages of the two 2 BR are they may be cheaper in some cases, you may be able to secure a larger chunk with your home resort points and you'll have adjustment options if your group shrinks. Either way you'd looking at in the range of 900 points for the week of Xmas for 7 nights. For the standard view GV you could secure up to 4 nights on your own 180 pt contract with banking/borrowing for the week of Xmas and up to 7 nights the previous week.
Thanks Dean! I also figured out with my total points I will own at AKV I would have enough to book 1 GV at OKW after Christmas.. will that also be hard to get? I would imagine it is!!

Thanks Dean! I also figured out with my total points I will own at AKV I would have enough to book 1 GV at OKW after Christmas.. will that also be hard to get? I would imagine it is!!
I don't think so at 11 months out but it might be if you delay but there are no guarantees.

OKW GV at 7 months between Christmas and NY? Very difficult I believe.

OKW GV at 7 months between Christmas and NY? Very difficult I believe.
OK.... I am going to have to figure something out to book akv at 11 months or somewhere.... I may have to rent my points out to get money then rent points to make it happen... maybe I can use my rented point money to pay for renting OKW and booking at 11 months if that would be still cheaper in money than AKV.... I will figure this out somehow! Thanks for your help! KIM

OK.... I am going to have to figure something out to book akv at 11 months or somewhere.... I may have to rent my points out to get money then rent points to make it happen... maybe I can use my rented point money to pay for renting OKW and booking at 11 months if that would be still cheaper in money than AKV.... I will figure this out somehow! Thanks for your help! KIM
No doubt the week after will be more difficult and more expensive but I do believe it's workable. The problem will be that you'll have to chose one or the other unless you have a boatload of points. I'm 100 % confident, and willing to wager same, that I can get a 3 BR for the week following Xmas next year that spans NY using non OKW points. But I'm also about as confident that I couldn't do it holding a different reservation and trying to change the entire week as a unit. It boils down to the safety of holding something vs the chances of getting what you want. A week in premier will cost you 850 points for a standard view GV at AKV but only 615 points at OKW. Even if you could get the points together for AKV you'll have extra points to hold AKV then book OKW that you'll have to deal with later. That makes UY very important. Since you were looking at possibly adding on anyway if I recall, I wonder if it wouldn't be better and ultimately cheaper, to just rent the points if it's one time, but if you're set on this trip AT OKW periodically, owning there might be best with enough points to do so.

No doubt the week after will be more difficult and more expensive but I do believe it's workable. The problem will be that you'll have to chose one or the other unless you have a boatload of points. I'm 100 % confident, and willing to wager same, that I can get a 3 BR for the week following Xmas next year that spans NY using non OKW points. But I'm also about as confident that I couldn't do it holding a different reservation and trying to change the entire week as a unit. It boils down to the safety of holding something vs the chances of getting what you want. A week in premier will cost you 850 points for a standard view GV at AKV but only 615 points at OKW. Even if you could get the points together for AKV you'll have extra points to hold AKV then book OKW that you'll have to deal with later. That makes UY very important. Since you were looking at possibly adding on anyway if I recall, I wonder if it wouldn't be better and ultimately cheaper, to just rent the points if it's one time, but if you're set on this trip AT OKW periodically, owning there might be best with enough points to do so.

Curious on the absolute confidence of getting an OKW GV for that time at 7 months? It is my belief there would be holes in the reservation during the home resort priority.

Curious on the absolute confidence of getting an OKW GV for that time at 7 months? It is my belief there would be holes in the reservation during the home resort priority.
For this exact situation it's largely related to my confidence in using the wait list combined with stalking. But unless someone makes it worth my while, I guess I won't be able to prove it or they to disprove my theory.

For this exact situation it's largely related to my confidence in using the wait list combined with stalking. But unless someone makes it worth my while, I guess I won't be able to prove it or they to disprove my theory.

Well, the wager from me would not be enough to entice. That I can guarantee too!

Yes, stalking and waitlists can get some reservations and in a situation where you were inviting others along then definitely having enough points to try and get the GV while holding other accommodations would be important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter