Booked the Greece Family Vacation

Evildisneysiamese

Earning My Ears
Well, after waiting on hold for 10 minutes, I managed to book the 6/22 trip. Now we can figure out the travel and any add on dates. It's crazy that I feel rushed to book next summer's vacation before labor day this year. Ah well, at least we have a year to look forward to the adventure.

Congratulations on booking your trip! Do you have any airport information that you can share? Where do you need to fly into and out of?

You fly into Athens (ATH) and fly out of Heraklion (HER) in Crete. I looked at air fares and schedules from where I live and they are awful. Should not be so bad for those on the east.

Scooby, the trip starts in Athens and ends in Crete. So, fly in to Athens (ATH) and out of Heraklion (HER). I suppose we will do a commuter back to Athens or Rome to get home.

Well, after waiting on hold for 10 minutes, I managed to book the 6/22 trip. Now we can figure out the travel and any add on dates. It's crazy that I feel rushed to book next summer's vacation before labor day this year. Ah well, at least we have a year to look forward to the adventure.

Congrats! We, too, booked for 6/22/12--if you are bringing kids, what are their ages? (Ours will be DS 18 and DD 11 1/2)

I need to double ck on the flight out--whether we arrange it our of Crete on our own, or if Disney does that and gets us back to Athens (for the roundtrip). VERY tough to get from SoCal to Athens! (Not to mention the high cost of air and the trip itself:scared1:).

We got a lot of great details from the ABD rep--she was very enthusiastic and helpful--but I didn't write it all down. Hopefully it will all be spelled out on the ABD website.

I booked too on 6/22! We have an 11 y/o daughter then. It will be a back-to- back trip with Alpine Magic!!!

We also just booked Greece for 6/22 and its now 54% full. opa:banana:
We are really excited. I have always wanted to go to Greece. I think the airport transfer is a nice little perk. I asked if there is a limit on distance to the airport and the agent said it was a two hour drive time limit. We are within 2 hours of all the NY airports and an hour to Philly.

We also just booked Greece for 6/22 and its now 54% full. opa:banana:
We are really excited. I have always wanted to go to Greece. I think the airport transfer is a nice little perk. I asked if there is a limit on distance to the airport and the agent said it was a two hour drive time limit. We are within 2 hours of all the NY airports and an hour to Philly.

Oh darn. Ours is 3 hours away. :sad2: It's all right.

Congrats! We, too, booked for 6/22/12--if you are bringing kids, what are their ages? (Ours will be DS 18 and DD 11 1/2)

I need to double ck on the flight out--whether we arrange it our of Crete on our own, or if Disney does that and gets us back to Athens (for the roundtrip). VERY tough to get from SoCal to Athens! (Not to mention the high cost of air and the trip itself:scared1:).

We got a lot of great details from the ABD rep--she was very enthusiastic and helpful--but I didn't write it all down. Hopefully it will all be spelled out on the ABD website.

We have one daughter she will be 14 by the trip. We've done a few of these trips and the kids "thing" always seems to work out. A couple of year back we went to Germany and there were no girls within 5 years of our daughters age but a quite a few boys. The boys always went out of their way to include her and she had a great time.

We are on the same 6/20 trip to Greece. Not worried about the situation in Greece for now. Our kids ages will be DD 18, DS 15 and DD 14 on the trip. Sounds like a big group of teens, which is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter