Booked "Room Only". DDP still an option?

jenbear123

Disney Fanatic
Currently I have a room only booking at Coronado Springs. I've booked it with a cast member discount. Would it be possible to add on a 1 day base ticket to be eligible for the dining plan? We're not 100% positive if we'll need to add it on yet but would like to know if it will be possible given we booked "room only"

TIA

Normally, you have to purchase a package in order to be eligible to get one of the dining plans -- which means you would have to switch from a room only to a package.

However, you mentioned that you had a CM discount so I don't know if things are different for cast members or if they have special exceptions. I know that AP holders can get the dining plan without having to purchase a package with tickets.

What annual passholders purchase is still a package reservation - but it's a package without tickets. AP holders with a room only reservation are required to convert it to a package to buy the dining plan. They're then subject to the deposit, payment and cancellation rules applying to packages, not to room only reservations. But they get to keep the AP discount on the room.

There may be a way by which the dining plan is offered to cast members - it may also involve switching to a package without tickets, but you'd need to call WDW and ask. It is also possible that you may not buy the dining plan with a discounted cast member room-only reservation.

Unless Disney offers castmembers the option to get the dining plan, than you won't be able to purchase it.

For example: We went in October with a castmember discount and a special offer to get the dining plan for $20.99 per adult/per night. If they did not offer that option we would not have been able to get the dining plan.

Unless Disney offers castmembers the option to get the dining plan, than you won't be able to purchase it.

For example: We went in October with a castmember discount and a special offer to get the dining plan for $20.99 per adult/per night. If they did not offer that option we would not have been able to get the dining plan.

Thanks for this! I'm assuming this is what my sister (current cast member) was talking about. Any idea why cast members don't have access to the dining plan? Is there a set time frame for the cast member dining plan offer or is it random?

TIA

Because the dining plan is sold as an add-on to a package reservation. It is not sold with room only reservations. The cast member discount is a room-only booking.

Sounds like Disney offers it to cast members when they want to - call and find out if they are offering it for your trip - or your sister can find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter