• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked our meals- a good choice?

jasons1969

Earning My Ears
Evening all,

1st time trip in 2 weeks so finally got round to booking our meals as we'd chosen the 1/2 board option.

Would be grateful for some feedback, as we sort of took a guess!!

Okay, arrive on the Weds, and there for 3 nights (so leaving Sat afternoon/ early evening, for an overnight stop up near Calais, for our train back to the UK Sunday afternoon).

Here we go: (all evening options)
Cafe Mickey Wed 7.30pm
Lucky Nugget Thur 7.30pm
Inventions Fri 6.00pm
Cafe Mickey Sat 1.00pm

Any thoughts on whether we've made the right choices?

We've gone for the Cafe Mickey for 1st and last, as we've not told the children we're going, and thought t would be a nice start/ end to the trip...

Cheers,

J

Sounds great!

I'm guesssing you've chosen the HB premium vouchers?

If your children are girls, or love the princesses, then it might be nice to try and include a meal at Auberge, which is a character meal, with all the princesses.

Cafe Mickey as fantastic, and i've read some wonderful reviews for Inventions. I'd love to try that one day - lucky you!

Sounds great!

I'm guesssing you've chosen the HB premium vouchers?

If your children are girls, or love the princesses, then it might be nice to try and include a meal at Auberge, which is a character meal, with all the princesses.

Cafe Mickey as fantastic, and i've read some wonderful reviews for Inventions. I'd love to try that one day - lucky you!

We havent upgraded (yet)... should we??

Both Inventions and Cafe Mickey are premium voucher restaurants although most people on here would agree that Cafe Mickey is overpriced food wise.

You can use other vouchers and pay the difference.

Which ones have you got - standard or plus? Plus can be used at face value for I think its 25Euros and Im not sure about standard

We used plus vouchers in CM and only had to pay a few E extrabut you willhave more to pay in Inventions

IMO - Its probably not worth upgrading to premium

We havent upgraded (yet)... should we??

No, you don't need to. Sorry, I just assumed you had half board premium, as you've chosen mostly restaurants in that category.

I suppose it depends on what you expect to get for your voucher. If you expect 3 courses and a drink, then you will need the premium voucher, however you can do Cafe Mickey quite reasonably and use other vouchers at face value and then pay the difference.

For Inventions, you will need to pay extra, as that's a set price buffet. Don't know how much it is, prices might be on the restaurant review thread.

I didn't mean to throw a spanner in the works - sorry :upsidedow

Personally, I think you have chosen some of the weakest offerings in DLP. Maybe Cafe Mickey once, but you are missing out on Walt's, the Silver Spur, the Steakhouse, Auberge, Annette's and many other really excellent dining establishments.

Inventions is my favourite meal at DLP, really lovely; and Cafe Mickey is good fun, but really don't think I would visit twice in one trip. Is it only character meals you want?

My kids love Cafe Mickey. Walt's was a dreadful meal and it actually had to be sent back.

We had a nice time at Auberge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter