Booked in 1 room, sleeping in another.....

kristieboyd

Mouseketeer
Will this be a huge problem?

We booked a deluxe oceanview verandah room a few months ago for myself, my husband, and our 2 young sons. Our teenage daughter, who didn't think she'd be able to come, was able to work it out now. Problem is, there are no more 5 person rooms available for our cruise and we've past our PIF date. We're traveling with some friends who booked the same room type as us, but only have 1 child. We're thinking of booking her in their room but letting her stay with us (our 2 boys are little and actually often end up sleeping together at home in a twin bed, so it will be no problem for them to bunk together and give her the upper bunk).

Will Disney have a huge problem with this? Our dining and everything is together, and none of us spend much time in the room anyway, so it will pretty much just be for sleeping purposes. She *could*, I guess, sleep in the other room with them, but she's never met these friends before (DH's high school best friend and family) so I don't think either she or the couple would be very comfortable with that.

Thanks!
(and please don't flame me too hard for trying to find a work-around! :blush: )

Also, is there a way to either link her KTTW card to our account, or to have her set up as a seperate, cash account from theirs? I don't want any of her charges going on their account if possible.

thanks again! We're really hoping we can find a way for our whole family to enjoy this vacation together!

Last summer, we did something similar. My neice was booked with me, but ended up sleeping in her parents room (something about a bunk bed and the top bunk... :rotfl2:). It wasn't an issue. When we checked in, my brother provided a card to cover any charges that may have ended up on her card. You can also go to Guest Services and have them transfer any charges on her room to yours.

Have fun!!

If it were me...

I'm assuming that your young sons will not have charging privileges to your account. (Our two 12yo's just recently have been able to charge to accounts when traveling and we're thinking of taking it back after some issues -- 16yo has been ok.) If at least one won't, have the booking changed to have one of your sons booked to your friend's cabin and your daughter booked to yours. Then you don't have to worry about covering or transferring charges.

Then all sleep in the same cabin. How will they be able to tell?

Thanks! I was really hoping it wouldn't be too much of a problem. If we were concierge, I could see the issue, but was hoping it would be ok for our room category!

The charging part is no problem at all. EACH KTTW card can be tied to a different pay source. All you need to do is to attach YOUR credit card to HER KTTW card. Easy, no problems.

As to sleeping where she is not booked--again, no problem if you can put the two little ones together in one bed. Otherwise, there won't be the correct number of beds in the room.

Are the bunks the same size as a regular twin bed? If so, my boys will have no trouble sleeping together. They share a bedroom now with bunk beds and almost always end up sleeping on the bottom bunk together!

Fortunately there are no bed checks on DCL. :goodvibes

About the only other "problem" I can see is that there won't be enough lifejackets in your room and your daughter will have to go to the muster station of the cabin she is booked in.

Hmmm... I thought there was some rule about having at least one person per cabin that is at least 18yo. Princess has this rule, I'd imagine Disney does as well. However, Princess did say that they won't go check each room, so on paper, just have an adult on each room. You can switch all you want later.

You may want to look at the cost of booking two cabins. It usually is about the same price. That way you have twice the space, two bathrooms, two TV's, more storage. You will have to book an adult in each cabin, you in one your husband in the other. It does not matter where people sleep. We book a balcony cabin and then an inside cabin across the hall.

Hmmm... I thought there was some rule about having at least one person per cabin that is at least 18yo. Princess has this rule, I'd imagine Disney does as well. However, Princess did say that they won't go check each room, so on paper, just have an adult on each room. You can switch all you want later.

There will be adults in each room, so no problem there. It's just a question of if she's going to squeeze into the room with us or sleep in the room with the other adult couple she's being booked with. :)

You may want to look at the cost of booking two cabins. It usually is about the same price. That way you have twice the space, two bathrooms, two TV's, more storage. You will have to book an adult in each cabin, you in one your husband in the other. It does not matter where people sleep. We book a balcony cabin and then an inside cabin across the hall.

I asked about that (would LOVE the extra bathroom with a teenager!) but to keep the room we have now & add another would be $1000 more. "down grading" to a lower room category to save some of that money would cost us more in penalties since we're only 28 days out from sailing. Adding her to the friends' room costs less than $100 since she qualifies for the Kids Sale Free promo.

I asked about that (would LOVE the extra bathroom with a teenager!) but to keep the room we have now & add another would be $1000 more. "down grading" to a lower room category to save some of that money would cost us more in penalties since we're only 28 days out from sailing. Adding her to the friends' room costs less than $100 since she qualifies for the Kids Sale Free promo.

This is a no brainer...she goes in the room with the friend for booking purposes. Have you verified with DCL that you are able to add her to their room on the special?

If life gets a little too crazy with all of you and one shower, remember that some of the adults can opt to shower in the spa locker room.

This is a no brainer...she goes in the room with the friend for booking purposes. Have you verified with DCL that you are able to add her to their room on the special?

If life gets a little too crazy with all of you and one shower, remember that some of the adults can opt to shower in the spa locker room.

Yes, they actually added her to their room a couple of hours ago for a total cost of $70! :cool1: All I had to do was fax a copy of her driver's license to verify she'll still be 17 at the time of sailing for the discount to apply. I just wanted to make sure we weren't going to 'get in trouble' or anything for allowing her to actually stay in our room.

As a Family of 5, we have done this many times. I wouldn't worry about it. One Child is on "the books" in one room, however, the entire time they were staying in our room. No worries:thumbsup2

No brainer here! Sign her up with the other family, squish everyone into your room. My kids also shared a twin bed all the time when they were smaller. Your host will bring extra pillows and blankets if you request.

The adults can also shower at the spa if you need to, any time it is open.

Nancy

Your stateroom host will give you an extra life jacket for her. She will need to go to the correct muster station, but with the jacket in your room you can make sure she has it before going to the station.

We have done this....booked 2 then added the third child to the second room when we got there. They will give you addional keys. The only thing you need to clear up on day one is to let the stateroom host know whether he is taking care of a room of 5 or 4 and tip accordingly. They do depend on their tips.
In our case, the same stateroom host was looking after both rooms, so he was tipped for 5, either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter