Booked Grand Floridian...is it much like BWI? or should we book Poly?

For anyone considering BWI -please know we did like the resort and LOVE the Epcot resort locations for convenience and the beauty of Crescent Lake. Both DD10 and DS6 loved the pool area. For our family it just wasn't quite as magical as some other vacations. Also- Boardwalk Bakery was closed so some of the QS dining options were limited which may have played into our ]overall feelings.

This was also our experience. We liked it, but didn't love BWI. My DD12 prefers to stay at the GF and my DS5 loves it there. Hope you have a great stay!

I haven't stayed at BWI or any of the Epcot resorts. (They are next on our list with our first stay at BCV this summer.) However, I would absolutely encourage you to try our favorite--- the GF. It is beautiful and has an airy, gracious atmosphere with gorgeous grounds and nice, big rooms. I would also say that next time, you should try AKL. It is our #2 favorite resort. We love the African themed lobby with its beautiful dark woods and warm colors and where else can you see giraffes from your balcony?

So funny you ask this question, because we've stayed at every deluxe resort except for GF. Like a previous poster, I won't judge a resort until we've actually stayed there - not good enough to just walk through the lobby or eat there. Of course, the problem here is that we love so many other resorts - BC, Poly and BWI are at the very top of my list (and that's BWI with club level - wonderful!) And we're a family of five, so it's hard to manage all those favorites!

We'll try GF someday, but it will definitely be part of a split stay. So for OP, that's what I'd recommend. A few nights at GF and then end your trip with an old favorite. We like to split stays between the MK and Epcot area, but do whatever is best for your family. Disney makes it very easy to transfer, and it allows you to try new resorts without missing out on old favorites.

Good luck with your decision!

One other thing you might want to consider is that DVC construction is scheduled to start at the Poly "by the end of the year". Some people feel this will really change the feel of the Poly, if you are in this camp you may want one last trip before the construction begins... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!