Booked For Opening Day Of Galaxy's Edge...Couple Of Questions

sunking

Tag Fairy? We don't need no stinkin' Tag Fairy.
So...I'm all booked. My friend and I will be driving down on August 28th and visiting Hollywood Studios on August 29th and 30th specifically for Galaxy's Edge. Yup...I know it will be a mad house...Yup...I know that wait times might be enormous...but there are a few things that I don't know...can anyone help shed some light?

When Galaxy's Edge opened in Disneyland they seemed to want to structure the entry a bit more offering reservations that you had to obtain ahead of coming in and would guarantee you entry for a 4 hour block. As we are getting closer to Galaxy's Edge in Disney World I have not yet seen Disney announce anything about opening? Will there be a reservation system to guarantee you entry (I don't think so) or should I plan to show up at the park well before the 6:00AM opening on August 29th?

Also, I am a DVC members...has Disney announced anything special for DVC members?

Packing my patience and ready for a great time visiting Batuu! Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Thanks in advance!

I would get to HS well before 6 am for opening day. 2 hours might be ok if not more

Haven't paid attention to DVC stuff but there's a thread for that where I assume they're discussing any developments on that end.

As for reservations: no news yet, but sounds like they're not going to have a reservation system. We're just over a month and a half out and if they wanted to install a reservation system, they're in a very risky position to start with it now. More likely that you see the virtual queue, but that hasn't been announced yet.

Thanks for the info all! I really appreciate it. Just wanted to be sure that we didn't miss any announced entry information or DVC stuff. I'll be watching closely now that I am booked. We had planned to arrive before or close to 4:00am. Want to make sure that we can get in! See you all there!

So...I'm all booked. My friend and I will be driving down on August 28th and visiting Hollywood Studios on August 29th and 30th specifically for Galaxy's Edge. Yup...I know it will be a mad house...Yup...I know that wait times might be enormous...but there are a few things that I don't know...can anyone help shed some light?

When Galaxy's Edge opened in Disneyland they seemed to want to structure the entry a bit more offering reservations that you had to obtain ahead of coming in and would guarantee you entry for a 4 hour block. As we are getting closer to Galaxy's Edge in Disney World I have not yet seen Disney announce anything about opening? Will there be a reservation system to guarantee you entry (I don't think so) or should I plan to show up at the park well before the 6:00AM opening on August 29th?

Also, I am a DVC members...has Disney announced anything special for DVC members?

Packing my patience and ready for a great time visiting Batuu! Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Thanks in advance!
1. No reservation system like they did at DL will be offered here at WDW
2. No DVC preview event has been posted at this time
3. 6am will put you at the back of the pack. People are planning on being there way before that, and if Disney allows it even camp out over night. You should look at this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...pening-day-august-29-planning-thread.3728066/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter